OCCRA
Go to Post I just want to say that the rack 'n roll was my first year with FIRST! It was the best thing I ever did. I cant wait to learn more when we get to start up again! - ctorloey [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-12-2012, 12:33 AM
Build Lead
FRC #2733 (The Pigmice)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2010
Garrett.d.w is a splendid one to beholdGarrett.d.w is a splendid one to beholdGarrett.d.w is a splendid one to beholdGarrett.d.w is a splendid one to beholdGarrett.d.w is a splendid one to beholdGarrett.d.w is a splendid one to beholdGarrett.d.w is a splendid one to behold
Team Safety Manuals

Hi there,

I was wondering if any teams have safety manuals that you would like to share. We are currently compiling our first official one and would like some inspiration as to the layout and presentation.

Thanks in advance and enjoy your summer... outside? (nah)

Optimists think the glass is half full.
Pessimists think the glass is half empty.
Engineers realize it's twice as big as it needs to be.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-12-2012, 02:24 PM
FRC #0126

likeomg126 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Team Safety Manuals

Hey! You can find Gael Force's safety presentation and manual on our website: http://team126.org/pages/otherteamssafety.php

We have two nights for safety training before the build season, one where we cover the PowerPoint, and the other where members are instructed on the use of the tools. No one can use any tools until they have completed both sections.

The manual is primarily for reminders regarding safety.

Hope this helps!
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-13-2012, 12:23 AM
FRC #0192 (GRT)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2003
Seth Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeSeth Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeSeth Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeSeth Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeSeth Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeSeth Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeSeth Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeSeth Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeSeth Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeSeth Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeSeth Mallory has a reputation beyond repute

Team 597 hasa very good manual. They also like helping other teams.
http://www.team597.net

You can contact my team 192 and they will send you theirs.
http://www.gunnrobotics.com

Both teams won the UL award this year. They have safety programs that are the same style as where I work with 2300 people.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-14-2012, 07:46 PM
C.O.R.E.; We build on each other
AKA: Batman
FRC #2062 (C.O.R.E. 2062)
Team Role: Driver

Rookie Year: 2007
Eagleeyedan is a jewel in the roughEagleeyedan is a jewel in the roughEagleeyedan is a jewel in the roughEagleeyedan is a jewel in the rough

You can contact us (C.O.R.E. 2062) and we can send you our manual. We've won the Championship UL Industrial Safety award twice now (2008 and 2012) so hopefully it will be useful to you. I'm not sure how often our team leader checks the team email so I'll send you a private message with my email (I'm the safety captain) and send you a copy of our manual. If you would like more than just our manual, we have extra material we send to new teams to help build their safety program.

I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Our Facebook Page

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: