OCCRA
Go to Post I'm not sure why, but I'm getting this picture in my head of a bunch of engineers, huddled in deer blinds with 22's, waiting for the right power wheels toy to drive by. - Tom Line [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-12-2012, 03:05 PM
FRC #1094

mgurgol is a jewel in the roughmgurgol is a jewel in the roughmgurgol is a jewel in the roughmgurgol is a jewel in the rough
Looking for new workspace.

Hello,

Our team is a registered 501(c)3 organization, not currently associated with any specific school. We have had a very generous sponsor who has been allowing us to work in one of his buildings for the past few years without charging us. While this has been a great arrangement, but we feel it might not last forever.

Are there any teams that have had to search for new workspaces, and if so, would you be able to offer any helpful tips/hints?

We have a requirements document that list our minimum requirements, but we are really looking for something that is not too expensive (donated would be best) and that could be usable for the team.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-12-2012, 03:11 PM
AKA: Ed Barker
FRC #1311 (Kell Robotics)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2006
ebarker has a reputation beyond reputeebarker has a reputation beyond reputeebarker has a reputation beyond reputeebarker has a reputation beyond reputeebarker has a reputation beyond reputeebarker has a reputation beyond reputeebarker has a reputation beyond reputeebarker has a reputation beyond reputeebarker has a reputation beyond reputeebarker has a reputation beyond reputeebarker has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Looking for new workspace.

Without knowing the circumstances..... I have a few rhetorical questions.

I'm not really interested in the answers but just want you to think about some things. You may have already....

You 'feel' there might be a problem. Why ?

Did the team say thank you ?

Did the team explain the impact of the gift ?

Why it is important to the community ?

etc.

Having said that, the way you go find new space is being able to answer the questions above. Who you are, what you do, who you serve, why it is important and how they can help.

If you can get into a position of answering the questions for a new sponsor, it may be good enough to keep the old sponsor.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-12-2012, 05:09 PM
FRC #0525 (Swartdogs)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2009
Tom Ore has a reputation beyond reputeTom Ore has a reputation beyond reputeTom Ore has a reputation beyond reputeTom Ore has a reputation beyond reputeTom Ore has a reputation beyond reputeTom Ore has a reputation beyond reputeTom Ore has a reputation beyond reputeTom Ore has a reputation beyond reputeTom Ore has a reputation beyond reputeTom Ore has a reputation beyond reputeTom Ore has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Looking for new workspace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgurgol View Post
Are there any teams that have had to search for new workspaces
I can't offer any helpful suggestions but I can appreciate your concern. We've competed in 13 seasons and we've had to move 7 or 8 times. We are currently without a build site and have no leads at this time. The school system is looking so we are hopeful. Our stuff is in storage at our old build site. If we don't have a new home by September 1st we'll have to move everything into storage somewhere and then move it all again when we get a build site. (And we've got a lot of stuff now.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: