OCCRA
Go to Post I don't think Dean Kamen ever recieved a real degree. That doesn't make him any less of an engineer.:) - Adam Y. [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Announcements
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#31   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-17-2012, 07:47 PM
No capes
AKA: Olivia Gifford
FRC #1094 (The Channel Cats)
Team Role: Driver

Rookie Year: 2011
OliviaG is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to OliviaG
Re: Robots in the D

Darn... I guess I'll just have to watch it when it comes out on youtube!
"Not everyone has the chance to do great things - to learn how to build a robot while working alongside some of the greatest mentors you will ever meet, to become one with your team, and learn to be a gracious professional while competing with exceptional teams. It's not every day you meet people who want to change the world. Being inspired, learning, creating, thinking, and doing things to shape the future. THIS IS FIRST." -Me

Last edited by OliviaG : 07-17-2012 at 07:55 PM.
  #32   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-17-2012, 11:06 PM
President
FRC #0503 (Frog Force)
Team Role: CAD

Rookie Year: 2008
Bryce Paputa is a splendid one to beholdBryce Paputa is a splendid one to beholdBryce Paputa is a splendid one to beholdBryce Paputa is a splendid one to beholdBryce Paputa is a splendid one to beholdBryce Paputa is a splendid one to beholdBryce Paputa is a splendid one to behold

We're making a robot specifically for throwing baseballs and tee shirts. It will have a pneumatic cannon powered by a scuba tank. There is a 2 gallon reservoir which we can fill up to 125 psi (we will normally use 60), and then we will close the valve to the scuba tank and use it to fire the ball. As for the online promotion, you can email the flyer (it's the same one we've been giving out), we also have a group order form on our website (frogforce503.org). Please use the special order form if you buy tickets so the tigers can see how many FIRST people come (you also get a slight discount).
  #33   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-18-2012, 07:07 AM
Team Captain, Driver, CADer
FRC #1058 (PVC Pirates)
Team Role: Driver

Rookie Year: 2012
Jay O'Donnell has a reputation beyond reputeJay O'Donnell has a reputation beyond reputeJay O'Donnell has a reputation beyond reputeJay O'Donnell has a reputation beyond reputeJay O'Donnell has a reputation beyond reputeJay O'Donnell has a reputation beyond reputeJay O'Donnell has a reputation beyond reputeJay O'Donnell has a reputation beyond reputeJay O'Donnell has a reputation beyond reputeJay O'Donnell has a reputation beyond reputeJay O'Donnell has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryce Paputa View Post
We're making a robot specifically for throwing baseballs and tee shirts. It will have a pneumatic cannon powered by a scuba tank. There is a 2 gallon reservoir which we can fill up to 125 psi (we will normally use 60), and then we will close the valve to the scuba tank and use it to fire the ball. As for the online promotion, you can email the flyer (it's the same one we've been giving out), we also have a group order form on our website (frogforce503.org). Please use the special order form if you buy tickets so the tigers can see how many FIRST people come (you also get a slight discount).

Very cool design! Could you take a video of it when it happens and post it here? I unfortunately don't get MLB network or fox sports Detroit.

Student on Team 1058 (2012-Present)
2014- Quarter-Finalists (NE CMP), Quarter-finalists and Excellence in Engineering Award (UNH) Quarterfinalists and Chairman's Award (Northeastern) Winners (Mainely Spirit)
2013- Quarter-finalists (Pine Tree), Semi-Finalists (Battlecry@WPI) Finalists (Mainely Spirit)
2012- Chairman's Award (GSR), Quarter-finalists (Boston), Finalists (Battlecry@WPI)
  #34   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-18-2012, 08:46 AM
President
FRC #0503 (Frog Force)

Bryce Paputa is a splendid one to beholdBryce Paputa is a splendid one to beholdBryce Paputa is a splendid one to beholdBryce Paputa is a splendid one to beholdBryce Paputa is a splendid one to beholdBryce Paputa is a splendid one to beholdBryce Paputa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Money 1058 View Post
Very cool design! Could you take a video of it when it happens and post it here? I unfortunately don't get MLB network or fox sports Detroit.
Yeah, I think that we are going to try to get the actual file that's broadcasted, but we will also be videotapiong it ourselves.
  #35   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-18-2012, 09:00 AM
AKA: Ann Kowalczyk
FRC #0503 (Frog Force)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2007
amk is an unknown quantity at this point

The robot is being designed and constructed by a collaboration of teams from Southeast Michigan. It is sponsored by Magna Seating, with contributions from Autoliv & AndyMark. In addition to throwing the first pitch, the pitching robot will have some time in the Speed Pitch cage, where humans can compete with it. Also, teams will be welcome to borrow the robot after the game to have it pitch balls (or T-shirts or hotdogs!) at their local events.

There will also be demos of FRC (partial field), FTC & FLL (full field) robots, beginning at 5:30 when the gates open. While participation in the FRC demo is limited due to space concerns, there are still plenty of opportunities for your team to demo their FTC and FLL robots.

For more information about purchasing discounted tickets, and how to join the Google group created for discussion about the robot and demos (includes sketches and CAD), please visit www.frogforce503.org. Email frogforce503@gmail.com with questions or to volunteer for the demos.

Ann Kowalczyk
Coach, FIRST Team 503, Frog Force
  #36   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-18-2012, 09:17 AM
Mentor (1114), Alumni (772)
AKA: Aaron Koscielski
FRC #1114 (Simbotics)

Rookie Year: 2006
akoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond repute

I sure hope we can get in to the Demo. I will try and contact our FLL team soon about it.

Regarding tickets: IF we are demoing our team would we still need tickets into the game? And would we be able to watch the game? Though i personally dont like baseball im sure there would be some people on my team that would like to watch it

Btw im the one who e-mailed you already

If there is anything you need help with for the robot or any future events I'm sure my team would be willing to help anyone in michigan out it isnt hard for us to cross the border, its only a few minutes away from our school.

Team 77WHO?! 772 Sabre Bytes
2010-2013

Dean's List Finalist 2013 Waterloo Regional
  #37   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-18-2012, 09:24 AM
FRC #0503 (Frog Force)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akoscielski3 View Post
I sure hope we can get in to the Demo. I will try and contact our FLL team soon about it.

Regarding tickets: IF we are demoing our team would we still need tickets into the game? And would we be able to watch the game? Though i personally dont like baseball im sure there would be some people on my team that would like to watch it

Btw im the one who e-mailed you already

If there is anything you need help with for the robot or any future events I'm sure my team would be willing to help anyone in michigan out it isnt hard for us to cross the border, its only a few minutes away from our school.
You do need tickets even if you are demoing. If you can put together an order for 15 or more tickets, they are discounted at $12 each, see the group ticket order form on www.frogforce503.org

All teams demoing will take a block of time, and will be able to watch the game the rest of the time.
  #38   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-18-2012, 09:25 AM
FRC #0503 (Frog Force)

FACEBOOK EVENT HERE: https://www.facebook.com/events/496027607089660/

Also, we will be tweeting from @FrogForce
  #39   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-18-2012, 11:22 AM
Tech once...
AKA: Kara Bakowski
no team (FRC1189 alum)
Team Role: College Student

Karibou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Karibou Send a message via Skype™ to Karibou

Quote:
Originally Posted by amk View Post
While participation in the FRC demo is limited due to space concerns,
Just out of curiosity, where in Comerica is the FRC demo taking place? Even fitting a partial field in there has to be a stretch.
FRC 1189 (2008-2011): Team Captain, Pit Crew, Website group leader, Team Education group leader, Proud Alum. We've got spirit, yes we do...
Volunteer (2010-present): Escanaba District '14, MidKnight Mayhem '13, Detroit District '13, IRI '10 '12, Waterford District '11 '12, MARC '12, CMP Galileo '11

WMWBS '10 '11
  #40   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-18-2012, 01:08 PM
FRC #0503 (Frog Force)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karibou View Post
Just out of curiosity, where in Comerica is the FRC demo taking place? Even fitting a partial field in there has to be a stretch.
The side of the field will be against the 34' brick wall inbetween gates A & B. I uploaded a photo of the area but need to wait for it to be approved. The field will have one section removed along the player's station wall, and will be about half-length. We will have one bridge on the field for demo purposes, and only one or two robots. Hey, it just occurred to me -- it would be nice to have a triple-balance demonstration. We'll have to see who is interested in bringing their robot.

Tom Nader is in charge of setting up the field so I know it will be great! We do need carpet if anyone has any to donate. Also this area is somewhat exposed to the elements. There will not be any field electronics installed but demo teams will need to provide a covering for their robot in the event of rain.
  #41   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-18-2012, 01:13 PM
Mentor (1114), Alumni (772)
AKA: Aaron Koscielski
FRC #1114 (Simbotics)

akoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The side of the field will be against the 34' brick wall inbetween gates A & B. I uploaded a photo of the area but need to wait for it to be approved. The field will have one section removed along the player's station wall, and will be about half-length. We will have one bridge on the field for demo purposes, and only one or two robots. Hey, it just occurred to me -- it would be nice to have a triple-balance demonstration. We'll have to see who is interested in bringing their robot.

Tom Nader is in charge of setting up the field so I know it will be great! We do need carpet if anyone has any to donate. Also this area is somewhat exposed to the elements. There will not be any field electronics installed but demo teams will need to provide a covering for their robot in the event of rain.
We have enough carpet for 1/4 of the field, but im not 100% sure we can get it from our school at this time.

Team 77WHO?! 772 Sabre Bytes
2010-2013

Dean's List Finalist 2013 Waterloo Regional
  #42   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-18-2012, 08:52 PM
FRC #0503 (Frog Force)

Quote:
The side of the field will be against the 34' brick wall inbetween gates A & B.
Here is a photo of the wall where we are setting up the partial FRC field: http://www.chiefdelphi.com/media/photos/38073?
  #43   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-26-2012, 12:54 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero Woodie Flowers Award
My Other Car is a 500 HP Turbine
FRC #0234 (Cyber Blue)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1942
Chris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond repute

Cyber Blue threw out the FIRST (LOL) pitch at an Indianapolis Indians game last August (Minor League Team). The media coverage was excellent, with local news and the local newspaper.

Let me know if you want any details of our design. We used 4 CIMs powering two pneumatic tires and had speed control to dial it in.

Remember that pitchers mound is higher than home plate, so you have to adjust for the elevation differences.

And, find out who will be catching the pitch. We had capability of about 90 MPH, but knew that the mascot, Rowdie, would be catching. Rowdie has very limited visibility and movement, so we slowed the pitch down to about 60 MPH so he could see it and catch it.

Here is a picture of "Lefty".

http://www.chiefdelphi.com/media/photos/38087
2010 - Woodie Flowers Award - Championship

Last edited by Chris Fultz : 07-26-2012 at 02:39 PM.
  #44   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-26-2012, 03:49 PM
]\/[ Go Blue!
AKA: Solomon
FRC #1076 (Pi Hi Samurai)

Zebra_Fact_Man is a splendid one to beholdZebra_Fact_Man is a splendid one to beholdZebra_Fact_Man is a splendid one to beholdZebra_Fact_Man is a splendid one to beholdZebra_Fact_Man is a splendid one to beholdZebra_Fact_Man is a splendid one to beholdZebra_Fact_Man is a splendid one to beholdZebra_Fact_Man is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to Zebra_Fact_Man

Two questions that seem kind of silly to me but have not been addressed yet.

1. Will the pitching robot be drivable?

2. Will it have bumpers (with 503 on them)? If so, will they be blue/orange?
  #45   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-26-2012, 08:37 PM
President
FRC #0503 (Frog Force)

Yes it will be driveable, no it won't have bumpers.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: