Go to Post Those poor suckers on the West coast get three hours LESS sleep than we do afterward. Anyone else glad to see that crate go every year, regardless of what's in it? - Rich Kressly [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Programming
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-07-2013, 08:01 PM
AKA: Michael Chau
FRC #0085 (B.O.B. (Built on Brains))
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2010
MagiChau is just really niceMagiChau is just really niceMagiChau is just really niceMagiChau is just really nice
RoboRealm

I am curious to know others' reception to this software provided with the Kit of Parts starting this year. I installed it on my computer today but did not do any work with it. It seems easy to use especially with the pre made modules for the Axis Camera and NetworkTables.

For teams that have used OpenCV for last year's competition I would like to know if you would prefer continuing to use OpenCV over this proprietary software.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-07-2013, 10:42 PM
GOTTA GO FAST. (IRI 2014 Bound)
AKA: @doctorfogarty @UofSCFIRSTers @GarnetSq
FRC #4901 (4H Garnet Squadron Robotics)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2006
JohnFogarty has a brilliant futureJohnFogarty has a brilliant futureJohnFogarty has a brilliant futureJohnFogarty has a brilliant futureJohnFogarty has a brilliant futureJohnFogarty has a brilliant futureJohnFogarty has a brilliant futureJohnFogarty has a brilliant futureJohnFogarty has a brilliant futureJohnFogarty has a brilliant futureJohnFogarty has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to JohnFogarty Send a message via Yahoo to JohnFogarty Send a message via Skype™ to JohnFogarty
Re: RoboRealm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagiChau View Post
I am curious to know others' reception to this software provided with the Kit of Parts starting this year. I installed it on my computer today but did not do any work with it. It seems easy to use especially with the pre made modules for the Axis Camera and NetworkTables.

For teams that have used OpenCV for last year's competition I would like to know if you would prefer continuing to use OpenCV over this proprietary software.
Roborealm is far superior to OpenCV. I've used Roborealm for various other robotics competitions and it is by far the easiest and most reliable to use.
(2013) 1772 - 1 FRC Winning Alliance
(2014 - ???) 4901 - 1 FRC Winning Alliance
http://www.garnetsquadron.com/
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-07-2013, 11:28 PM
Student Mentor
AKA: Daniel A
FRC #3737 (4H Rotoraptors)

Rookie Year: 2012
F22Rapture has a brilliant futureF22Rapture has a brilliant futureF22Rapture has a brilliant futureF22Rapture has a brilliant futureF22Rapture has a brilliant futureF22Rapture has a brilliant futureF22Rapture has a brilliant futureF22Rapture has a brilliant futureF22Rapture has a brilliant futureF22Rapture has a brilliant futureF22Rapture has a brilliant future

Is RoboRealm able to be used as part of a SmartDashboard plugin?
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-08-2013, 07:26 AM
no team (Team NI)

Rookie Year: 2008
Greg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond repute

My understanding is that RoboRealm implements the SmartDashboard protocol and can run beside the dashboard, on the same computer. I'm not sure about it being a plug-in.

Greg McKaskle
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-08-2013, 11:30 PM

JohnFogarty has a brilliant futureJohnFogarty has a brilliant futureJohnFogarty has a brilliant futureJohnFogarty has a brilliant futureJohnFogarty has a brilliant futureJohnFogarty has a brilliant futureJohnFogarty has a brilliant futureJohnFogarty has a brilliant futureJohnFogarty has a brilliant futureJohnFogarty has a brilliant futureJohnFogarty has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to JohnFogarty Send a message via Yahoo to JohnFogarty Send a message via Skype™ to JohnFogarty
You can start a camera server in roborealm and then put the IP address into smart dashboard.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-09-2013, 12:48 PM
AKA: Daniel Kho
FRC #2473 (CHSR)
Team Role: Leadership

d.kho is an unknown quantity at this point

My team has tried to use RoboRealm, but we can't get it to connect to any of our three axis cameras... We've tried using the Axis Camera module and the HTTP module.
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-09-2013, 10:55 PM

Without knowing wether you can ping/view the cameras using a web browser I can't determine if it is your ip settings or camera at fault.
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-09-2013, 10:59 PM
AKA: Daniel Kho
FRC #2473 (CHSR)
Team Role: Leadership

d.kho is an unknown quantity at this point

We could connect through the browser. But we figured it out. Still can't connect through the Axis Camera module, but we got the Read HTTP one working. Both are acceptable, right?
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-10-2013, 07:43 AM
FRC #0293

thecakeisalie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_1102 View Post
You can start a camera server in roborealm and then put the IP address into smart dashboard.
Could anyone tell me how to do this?
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-12-2013, 11:56 PM
FRC #0443

RoboRealm is a jewel in the roughRoboRealm is a jewel in the roughRoboRealm is a jewel in the roughRoboRealm is a jewel in the rough

The issue is most likely one of security. There is documentation on the wpi site as to how to make the Axis send images anonymously which is NOT a default setting. So instead, we updated the Axis module in RR (which you will have to redownload if you already have it) and enter in your username and password and it should connect. You need the username/password to change contrast, saturation, etc. so its worth finding out what that is.

http://wpilib.screenstepslive.com/s/...manual-id=8559

STeven.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: