Go to Post If you speak three languages, you're trilingual. If you speak two languages, you're bilingual. And if you speak one language, you're American. - Hieb [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Championship Event
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #16   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-21-2004, 08:52 PM
Just Browsing
AKA: ryan albright
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2001
Ryan Albright has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Albright has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Albright has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Albright has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Albright has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Albright has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Albright has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Albright has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Albright has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Albright has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Albright has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Ryan Albright Send a message via AIM to Ryan Albright Send a message via MSN to Ryan Albright Send a message via Yahoo to Ryan Albright
Re: Atlanta Web Hug!

Brandon,

Can we maybe set it up close to lunch on thursday or close to the end of the day?
2005 Championship Safety advisor
  #17   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-21-2004, 09:39 PM
Andy Baker's Avatar Woodie Flowers Award
President, AndyMark, Inc.
FRC #3940 (CyberTooth)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1998
Andy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Andy Baker

OK, darnit... I missed last year's webhug and I was pretty ticked about it. I will not miss this one, for sure. I give license to anyone to personally kick my butt if I miss this again.

When?
Where?
How long?

Andy B.
  #18   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-21-2004, 09:50 PM
Why wait for the last 20?
AKA: Henry B. Sick
FRC #0125 (NUTRONS)
Team Role: Mentor

henryBsick has a reputation beyond reputehenryBsick has a reputation beyond reputehenryBsick has a reputation beyond reputehenryBsick has a reputation beyond reputehenryBsick has a reputation beyond reputehenryBsick has a reputation beyond reputehenryBsick has a reputation beyond reputehenryBsick has a reputation beyond reputehenryBsick has a reputation beyond reputehenryBsick has a reputation beyond reputehenryBsick has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to henryBsick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Martus
This is the event at the Nationals where all the persons that seem to live on these forum's get a chance to see each other face to face. We have such a great community of FIRST people that it is quite exciting to share a few moments and a "Hug" to start the competition. -- Mike Martus

We'll post an announcement on the main portal page when we come up with a date/time we will be having it.
Brandon said "live in these forums" I was wondering if there was an eticate thing to deal with activity on the forums. I am fairly new and not uber active /looks up at post #/ . So i was wondering are all delphiers invited or is it just the more active ones. *wow i sound like a super newb - no offense- just curious in a not knowing because of lack of experience manner* Anyway if i can go i will try to find time with driving and all. /frowns, doesn't look good/
Thanks
-Henry
  #19   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-21-2004, 09:54 PM
Door Opener Mint Mentor
AKA: Cheryl Miller
#0294 (Beach Cities Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2003
Redhead Jokes is a glorious beacon of lightRedhead Jokes is a glorious beacon of lightRedhead Jokes is a glorious beacon of lightRedhead Jokes is a glorious beacon of lightRedhead Jokes is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry_222
So i was wondering are all delphiers invited or is it just the more active ones.
You are invited. We want to assimilate you.
motto: Two Rival Schools, One Team...ride the Tide.
2004 So Cal Chairman's Award, Phoenix Regional DaimlerChrysler Team Spirit Award
2003 So Cal Regional Finalist and Sportsmanship Award, Phoenix Regional Engineering Inspiration Award
2001 So Cal Regional and National Champions, Regional Image Award
Gracious Professionalism Poster
Mint: To invent; to forge; to fabricate; to fashion. Mentor: a wise and trusted guide and advisor.
  #20   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-21-2004, 09:55 PM
54... What a good number!
no team

Rookie Year: 2000
dez250 has a reputation beyond reputedez250 has a reputation beyond reputedez250 has a reputation beyond reputedez250 has a reputation beyond reputedez250 has a reputation beyond reputedez250 has a reputation beyond reputedez250 has a reputation beyond reputedez250 has a reputation beyond reputedez250 has a reputation beyond reputedez250 has a reputation beyond reputedez250 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to dez250

Quote:
Brandon said "live in these forums" I was wondering if there was an eticate thing to deal with activity on the forums. I am fairly new and not uber active /looks up at post #/ . So i was wondering are all delphiers invited or is it just the more active ones. *wow i sound like a super newb - no offense- just curious in a not knowing because of lack of experience manner* Anyway if i can go i will try to find time with driving and all. /frowns, doesn't look good/
Thanks
-Henry
Anyone can go, some people do some dont. I know i missed it in past years but this year i am excited about meeting everyone (i can). If you have the chance i would suggest anyone to try to come, i have found it awesome to meet other FIRSTers and see what they are like, maybe you will mke some new friends.

-Michael Dessingue
  #21   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-21-2004, 10:22 PM
FRC #0125 (NUTRONS)

henryBsick has a reputation beyond reputehenryBsick has a reputation beyond reputehenryBsick has a reputation beyond reputehenryBsick has a reputation beyond reputehenryBsick has a reputation beyond reputehenryBsick has a reputation beyond reputehenryBsick has a reputation beyond reputehenryBsick has a reputation beyond reputehenryBsick has a reputation beyond reputehenryBsick has a reputation beyond reputehenryBsick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhead Jokes
You are invited. We want to assimilate you.

Looks like I don't need to go now that you found my mugshot. lol. i like that.

Dez, it doesn't count for you cause i know you already.
P.S. do you think my driving improved, seeded #1 undefeated.
  #22   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-21-2004, 10:29 PM
Door Opener Mint Mentor

Redhead Jokes is a glorious beacon of lightRedhead Jokes is a glorious beacon of lightRedhead Jokes is a glorious beacon of lightRedhead Jokes is a glorious beacon of lightRedhead Jokes is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Looks like I don't need to go now that you found my mugshot.
P.S. do you think my driving improved, seeded #1 undefeated.
I think your genes may give you an unfair advantage!
2004 So Cal Chairman's Award, Phoenix Regional DaimlerChrysler Team Spirit Award
2003 So Cal Regional Finalist and Sportsmanship Award, Phoenix Regional Engineering Inspiration Award
Mint: To invent; to forge; to fabricate; to fashion. Mentor: a wise and trusted guide and advisor.
  #23   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-21-2004, 10:45 PM
FRC #0125 (NUTRONS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhead Jokes
I think your genes may give you an unfair advantage!
lol, maybe..... but on a serious note, it was our bot. it is quit nice this year I must say. (check signature) we turned some heads in the inspection and in the pits. they are pretty funny stories, PM me if you wish to hear some.

[edit/] sorry, i meant to say signature, my bad *doh*, (yes that is last years field, a PARC)[/edit]

Last edited by henryBsick : 03-22-2004 at 07:35 PM. Reason: avatar-signature
  #24   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-21-2004, 11:51 PM
updates this status less than FB!
AKA: the one who "will break into your thoughts..."
FRC #0237 (Black Magic)

Elgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Elgin Clock

Quote:
lol, maybe..... but on a serious note, it was our bot. it is quit nice this year I must say. (check avatar)
That, umm... looks like last year's field.

Anywho, was their even a webhug last year?? I didn't hear anything mentioned in Houston and don't remember seeing anything here about it either. If there was, I wasn't there.. :-(

Thursday is good, but maybe later in the day so you can get an announcement made hopefully. I know previous yers that FIRST was hesitant of announcing it (I'm personally wondering why, since they seem to be touting these forums more and more on the website, and also at kickoff thanks to Dave Lavery.)

Maybe signs could be made up and hung very early Thursday morning, or even maybe Wednesday night if we could get acces to the arena (doubtful) - At least hang some signs up at the front doors or entrance somehow.

If volunteers are need to help with this, I'm sure some people from these forums would be willing to help.

Hopefully see you all there.

Elgin

#25   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-21-2004, 11:57 PM
Brandon Martus's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
busy.
AKA: B. Slash Kamen
no team

Brandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Brandon Martus Send a message via AIM to Brandon Martus Send a message via Yahoo to Brandon Martus Send a message via Skype™ to Brandon Martus

Here is what we have planned so far:

Thursday, Noon, Location TBD.
  #26   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-22-2004, 12:01 AM
Door Opener Mint Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgin Clock
Maybe signs could be made up and hung very early Thursday morning, or even maybe Wednesday night if we could get acces to the arena (doubtful) - At least hang some signs up at the front doors or entrance somehow.
If volunteers are need to help with this, I'm sure some people from these forums would be willing to help.
*mind wanders* Big sign in our pit, team members waving big sign thruout pits, sandwich sign "I'm going to a special webhug event!!!"
  #27   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-22-2004, 12:15 AM
Volunteer for hire
no team

Aaron Lussier is a splendid one to beholdAaron Lussier is a splendid one to beholdAaron Lussier is a splendid one to beholdAaron Lussier is a splendid one to beholdAaron Lussier is a splendid one to beholdAaron Lussier is a splendid one to beholdAaron Lussier is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgin Clock
Anywho, was their even a webhug last year?? I didn't hear anything mentioned in Houston and don't remember seeing anything here about it either.
There was one, if I remember correctly it was between the two stadiums near some big Flag poles.

-Aaron
Field Reset Extraordinaire
  #28   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-22-2004, 01:05 AM
updates this status less than FB!
AKA: the one who "will break into your thoughts..."
FRC #0237 (Black Magic)

Elgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Elgin Clock

Oh, ok.. well thanks Aaron. I must have just missed it last year. Oh well.

By the way:

If anyone wants to trade shirts in Atlanta anytime, or during the CD Webhug PM me soon!!

I have about 6 left to trade!!!

#29   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-22-2004, 05:47 PM
AKA: Grandma
FRC #0121 (Rhodewarriors)
Team Role: Operator

Bridgette is a jewel in the roughBridgette is a jewel in the roughBridgette is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Bridgette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic121
i might have the same problem, but im HP and i might give my back up a fun round to play on a real field during practice for the fun of it (YAY 4 Mattay Shea!)
Good idea, Pat. I think I might let my backup play during one of the practice rounds too. It'd be really cool to meet people from CD. See you all there!

Last edited by Bridgette : 03-22-2004 at 06:27 PM.
  #30   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-22-2004, 06:17 PM
Grammar Curmudgeon
AKA: gwross
FRC #0330 (Beach 'Bots)

Greg Ross has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Ross has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Ross has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Ross has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Ross has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Ross has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Ross has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Ross has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Ross has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Ross has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Ross has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Greg Ross Send a message via Yahoo to Greg Ross

Last year, I had plans for (but never got around to) making myself a name tag something like this. Maybe this year.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Name Tag.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	2011  
ôLife should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!" Hunter S. Thompson
"Playing a practical joke means doing something mean and calling it funny." Me

Last edited by Greg Ross : 03-22-2004 at 06:22 PM.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: