Go to Post Earlier this week it took me a little bit too long to realize that the reason my pen wasn't writing correctly was that it was actually a screwdriver. I'm going to have to ask for a few nights of honest sleep before signing off on a report. - EricVanWyk [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Programming
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-19-2005, 10:14 AM
Curmudgeon
FRC #0116 (Epsilon Delta)

Rookie Year: 1996
dlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Wiring two cameras

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgannon
Conceptually, it's not that difficult. Get them both operational (with a little help from Kevin), and mount them on opposite corners of the front your robot. You know the width of your robot (likely 28"), and you can get the two angles from the values of the pan servos. You have angle-side-angle, and there's only one solution to the triangle. Now you know how far away you are. Pivot until the two base angles are congruent, and charge forward until you're the proper distance from the vision tetra. Use the same theory with the yellow triangle to the goal. It's very doable, and I'd love to pull it off. I can't think of a more incredible nerd feat attainable at this age than to meet Dave Lavery's personal challenge.
Actually, conceptually it is not that simple. Remember, the challenge is to come up with a real stereo correlation solution, not a simple geometric one. The biggest problem is that there are multiple vision tetras out on the field. You have to compute the true correlation between the camera images to determine if both cameras are looking at the same target. Only then can you back-solve the geometry.

If I am going to give away six dozens tasty treats without allowing any for myself, I have to make sure that the challenge is really worth it! C'mon, are you all going to leave Kevin as the only contender?

-dave
"I know what you're thinking, punk," hissed Wordy Harry to his new editor, "you're thinking, 'Did he use six superfluous adjectives or only five?' - and to tell the truth, I forgot myself in all this excitement; but being as this is English, the most powerful language in the world, whose subtle nuances will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' - well do you, punk?"
- Stuart Vasepuru, 2006 Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest

My OTHER CAR is still on Mars!!!

Last edited by dlavery : 01-19-2005 at 10:17 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: