OCCRA
Go to Post I believe in the rookie teams. - Arefin Bari [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Thanks and/or Congrats
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-26-2006, 10:23 PM
Head of Electronics
AKA: Kevin F.
FRC #1596 (Twin Saults International Instigators)
Team Role: Electrical

Rookie Year: 2005
the_short1 is a name known to allthe_short1 is a name known to allthe_short1 is a name known to allthe_short1 is a name known to allthe_short1 is a name known to allthe_short1 is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to the_short1
a BIG thank you!

First off, bear with me if i forget someone/something .. please correct me.

I would just like to say Thank You to all the teams, volunteers, sponsers, and mentors that have made my FIRST experience amazing. From the kickoff of my rookie year (2005), it was a great feeling to be a part of something this global and impact the way the world thinks about engineering.

The decission to join the robotics team was simple, I figured ide fill the boring winter months, and meet a few people along the way. What i didnt expect was to learn a vast ammount, and have the time of my life.

FIRST has had a definate impact on my life, and i try to share the same Gracious Professionalism with all those that i can, and i have made the decision to follow the Engineering path, either in Software or Electrical deciplines. My university choices varied, but after going to Waterloo regional this past week, i was able to sample a part of the Waterloo lifestyle and atmosphere and im pumped because its my first choice for universities when i grad.

To all the friends ive met through FIRST, thank you for brightening my life and further extending my network of aquiantances.

Susan Lawrence (the midwest director of FIRST): as meeting you at GLR 2006 and being able to talk for 15minutes really put a highlight on my day.

Steve Warren and the other field announcer (?name escapes me at the momment) @ Waterloo Regional, for keeping our spirits high and the energy level even higher, without you i doubt our team would have won Spirit award after the many crushing defeats on saturday. As well to everyone at Waterloo regional, as it is now our team favourite for having a reliable field, fun teams, and fair gameplay!

Govenor of michigan: stopping by our pits to talk with us was an amazing opportunity

Our team's mentors: for guiding us through the year and teaching us the skills we needed

Our drivers: for their effort, and for dedication, even though the whole team might be upset at you for doing poorly on a match.

Our sponsers: thank you for giving us the ability to attend 2 regionals and build 2 robots (1 competition, 1 practice) your valued support is highly appreciated on our team. GM, CEF, LEGO, Algoma Steel, ADSB, others (see website)

THANK YOU to Chief Delphi, for connecting everyone and allowing the network of students, mentors, and information to flow.

All the teams that gave us peer awards, Thank you for making each day at our regionals great, and your support really makes our team proud to be a part of FIRST.

HOT (67) - Best Rookie, GLR 2005
???? (????) - i know im missing one, ill find out tomorow
Waldo (1547) - Favourite Rookie, GTR 2006
Spartronics (1503) - Spirit, GLR 2006
Oaktown Crewz (1188) - Spirit, GLR 2006
Lightning Robotics, (862) - Coolest Team Uniform, GLR 2006
Truck Town Thunder (68) - Overachiever, Waterloo 2006
????? (????) - we got a second one at waterloo, but i was not told which

Futhermore, i would like to thank all the alliance captain's who picked us over the last 2 years as you have made my team very excited about the FIRST project by giving us the energy and the will to continue on to each regional irregardless of not winning one to date. Also the teams that in combination allowed us to set highest scores, as they just boosted our team's spirit up a level;
703 - GLR 2005 (Alliance Captain)
447 & 121 - Nationals 2005 (Highest Qualifying Match Score) - Galileo
835 - GTR 2005 (Alliance Captain)
1219 - Waterloo 2006 (Alliance Captain)
1680 & 1114 - Waterloo 2006 (Highest Match Score)

and lastly;
Dean Kamen for creating an awsome game and enspiring teenagers to express their passion for engineering.

and to anyone i missed, THANK YOU
Kevin F.
Team 1596

edit: if you have a thank you, feel free to post it here as well.
2006 Website (Totally Revamped):Instigators1596.com
2006 GLR: 31st/61 Seed, Aliance: 835, 1213, 1596 (Quarter Finalists) Spirit & 3 peer awards, THX!
2006 Waterloo: 7th/31 Seed, Aliance: 1219, 1596, 912 (Semi Finalists) Spirit & 2 peer awards, THX!
2006 Waterloo: Aliance: 1596, 1680, 1114 Higest Match Score: (Q22) 128|32

Last edited by the_short1 : 03-27-2006 at 06:34 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: