Go to Post Don't test your autonomous on the comp field. There's a practice field for a reason. - DampRobot [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #30   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-20-2006, 07:46 AM
What would Dave do?
AKA: Peter Kieselbach
FRC #3654 (Tech Tigers)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2002
petek has a reputation beyond reputepetek has a reputation beyond reputepetek has a reputation beyond reputepetek has a reputation beyond reputepetek has a reputation beyond reputepetek has a reputation beyond reputepetek has a reputation beyond reputepetek has a reputation beyond reputepetek has a reputation beyond reputepetek has a reputation beyond reputepetek has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to petek
Re: Innovation First acquires Vex from Radio Shack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick TYler
At the Redmond Radio Shack, the staff had built a VEX robot and had the products displayed right inside the door with the robot sitting on top. They said they still had trouble selling the kits: "Why would I pay $300 for a radio-controlled Erector Set?"
Apparently enough people are willing to spend $100 to $300 for several companies to make a business out of it. I think the Vex started kit is priced right for the value you get, but to sell it you have to market it to the people who can and will spend that money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick TYler
Probably the biggest problem is that sales reps make a $40-60 spiff for selling each cell phone contract, but only get a commission of a few bucks for each VEX sale. If I were working at Radio Shack, I know which product I'd be excited about.
I think you hit the nail on the head!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: