OCCRA
Go to Post FIRST prides itself on safety. It shouldn't be limited to only the pit area. - sanddrag [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Other > Chit-Chat
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-12-2006, 11:24 AM
SAE Formula is FIRST with Gasoline.
FRC #0306 (CRT)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2004
Andrew Blair has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Blair has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Blair has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Blair has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Blair has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Blair has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Blair has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Blair has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Blair has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Blair has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Blair has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Andrew Blair Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew Blair
Erratic Keyboard Behaviour

This morning, after using my laptop without issue last night, the keyboard stopped responding. The same thing had happened a week ago, but by simply resetting the BIOS defaults, the problem went away.

Frustrated, I ended up reinstalling Windows XP, only to find that the keyboard still does not work. However, if I press the keys really, really hard, some keys will respond some of the time. Thinking it was a connection problem, I disassembled the flashing and reseated the keyboard connector. Now, at this point I realized that I had been able to use my keyboard in the BIOS menu the whole time, but not in XP. This is evident because I can enable Caps lock during boot up until the point the windows loading screen comes up. The touchpad does not consistently work either, and usb devices still work, except of course for mice or keyboards! (Unless plugged in bvefore XP boots). It also loads the desktop very slowly.

Additionally, recently the battery meter constantly reads the battery as having 0% power, yet it will run my computer for as long as it ever has.

I'm really confused and rather frustrated. Except for the battery thing and
the keyboard issue a little while ago, there haas been no other warning.

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."
-Albert Einstein

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: