OCCRA
Go to Post Not joining as a freshman was the worst mistake I have ever made. - ProgramLuke [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Other > FIRST Lego League
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-09-2006, 11:29 PM
New year, new team
FRC #1197 (Torbots)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2003
EricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to EricH
Highest Score?

I was wondering what the highest score you guys have seen in Nano Quest is. I've heard 355 on the West Coast, seen 345 by the same team, and they wer just shy of 390 on two occasions in two different rounds using NXT.

So, what have you seen, and what system (RCX or NXT)?
2012: FRC4046 Schroedinger's Dragons

Read the rules and make a picklist before thinking about winning a competition.

"Rockets are tricky..."--Elon Musk
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-10-2006, 12:21 AM
Karthik's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
VEX Robotics GDC Chairman
FRC #1114 (Simbotics)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 1998
Karthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Highest Score?

At the Ontario Provincial Championships we saw a high score of 385 points by Team 2020, The BaNanos from Calvin Park Public school. There was also score of 371 points by Team 1812, The Tecumseh Technobots. Team 1812 also won the Champions Award and will be representing Ontario in Atlanta.

Over all we consistently saw scores breaking the 300 point plateau. This tournament was by far the highest FLL scoring tournament that I've ever had the privilege of attending.
"Enthusiasm is one of the most powerful engines of success. When you do a thing, do it with all your might. Put your whole soul into it. Stamp it with your own personality. Be active, be energetic, be enthusiastic and faithful and you will accomplish your object. Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm" -- R.W. Emerson
My TEDx Talk - The Subtle Secrets of Success
Full disclosure: I work for IFI and VEX Robotics, and am the Chairman of the VEX Robotics and VEX IQ Game Design Committees
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-10-2006, 01:04 AM
I come through in a spinsch
AKA: George- The Voice
FRC #0303 (TEST Team)

Rookie Year: 2001
George A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to George A.

Today at the NJ State Championship we had a team achieve a perfect score in 3 of the 4 rounds they participated in. 2 rounds counted towards their ranking, and the third match was when they acted as a fill in.
Game Announcer NY: 2005-2008
Game Announcer Champsionships: 2005-2008

#4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-10-2006, 05:47 AM
AKA: Walt Hickok
FRC #0067 (Heroes Of Tomorrow (HOT))

Rookie Year: 1997
WEHickok has a brilliant futureWEHickok has a brilliant futureWEHickok has a brilliant futureWEHickok has a brilliant futureWEHickok has a brilliant futureWEHickok has a brilliant futureWEHickok has a brilliant futureWEHickok has a brilliant futureWEHickok has a brilliant futureWEHickok has a brilliant futureWEHickok has a brilliant future

At the Novi, Michigan, Championship, we had two teams that posted 400. The fun part came in deciding who won. As a tie breaker you use the next highest score. For the next high score they both posted a 398. For the third highest they both posted a 360. On the fourth score one team had a 290 and the other a 300. By the way, one of those teams received the Champion's Award and will be in Atlanta.

Member FIRST Hall of Fame
2005 Champion Chairman's Award
2005, 2009, & 2010 World Champions
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-10-2006, 06:24 AM
Unsung FIRST Hero
NYC FIRST Planning Committee Member
no team (NYC FIRST)

Rookie Year: 1999
Rich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Rich Wong

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.R.T. View Post
Today at the NJ State Championship we had a team achieve a perfect score in 3 of the 4 rounds they participated in. 2 rounds counted towards their ranking, and the third match was when they acted as a fill in.
Hey George, would you know which team that scored the perfect score?

And who won the Director's Award for NJ?

Thanks.
Please help feed the hungry.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-10-2006, 07:56 AM
Got my degree and ready for more!
AKA: Dan
FRC #0166 (Chop Shop)

Rookie Year: 2004
InfernoX14 has a reputation beyond reputeInfernoX14 has a reputation beyond reputeInfernoX14 has a reputation beyond reputeInfernoX14 has a reputation beyond reputeInfernoX14 has a reputation beyond reputeInfernoX14 has a reputation beyond reputeInfernoX14 has a reputation beyond reputeInfernoX14 has a reputation beyond reputeInfernoX14 has a reputation beyond reputeInfernoX14 has a reputation beyond reputeInfernoX14 has a reputation beyond repute

I heard that a team at the NH states got up to like... 400 points on one program. I'm not sure if the score is correct, but the fact that they did it in one program is true.

I didn't see the match or anything, but that's what I was told.

Edit: Today in the Newspaper, there was an article about the team "The Flying Geeks" who performed a perfect score 3 times all one one program. They'd press the button once, and watch it go to work.
Who knew silence could be so loud?

Last edited by InfernoX14 : 12-10-2006 at 02:33 PM. Reason: confirmation
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-10-2006, 11:42 AM
Paul Copioli's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero Woodie Flowers Award
#BuildBlitz #TeamCopioli
no team (TeamCopioli)

Rookie Year: 2000
Paul Copioli has a reputation beyond reputePaul Copioli has a reputation beyond reputePaul Copioli has a reputation beyond reputePaul Copioli has a reputation beyond reputePaul Copioli has a reputation beyond reputePaul Copioli has a reputation beyond reputePaul Copioli has a reputation beyond reputePaul Copioli has a reputation beyond reputePaul Copioli has a reputation beyond reputePaul Copioli has a reputation beyond reputePaul Copioli has a reputation beyond repute

Attached are the scores from the Novi Championship yesterday. "Dark Matter" received the Champion's Award and will attend the Championship in Atlanta.
Attached Files
File Type: xls 2006 Novi LEGO Performance Scores.xls (21.5 KB, 69 views)
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-10-2006, 12:28 PM
#8 Alliance For Life
AKA: Sean Lavery
FRC #1712 (DAWGMA)

Lil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Lil' Lavery

The highest at the Northern Virginia event a few weeks ago was 351, but it was during a practice round, by the Tiki team (just went blank of their number). The highest that counted I believe was 341.
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-10-2006, 01:54 PM
I come through in a spinsch
AKA: George- The Voice
FRC #0303 (TEST Team)

Rookie Year: 2001
George A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to George A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Wong View Post
Hey George, would you know which team that scored the perfect score?

And who won the Director's Award for NJ?

Thanks.
I don't remember their team number, but the team name is "Built on the Rock", they also won the directors award and will be in Atlanta.
Game Announcer NY: 2005-2008
Game Announcer Champsionships: 2005-2008

#10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-10-2006, 04:58 PM
AKA: Tom Poore
FRC #1519 (Mechanical Mayhem)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2006
Tapoore is a glorious beacon of lightTapoore is a glorious beacon of lightTapoore is a glorious beacon of lightTapoore is a glorious beacon of lightTapoore is a glorious beacon of lightTapoore is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfernoX14 View Post
I heard that a team at the NH states got up to like... 400 points on one program. I'm not sure if the score is correct, but the fact that they did it in one program is true.

I didn't see the match or anything, but that's what I was told.

Edit: Today in the Newspaper, there was an article about the team "The Flying Geeks" who performed a perfect score 3 times all one one program. They'd press the button once, and watch it go to work.
Unless you count adding their attachment for triggering the opposite side of the space elevator, the Flying Geeks can indeed get a perfect score in one program! Their robot actually picks up its own attachment from the base! Mindstorms Mayhem has a couple of videos on their website here congratulating the Flying Geeks on their win. Unfortunately the Geeks won't be in Atlanta though. They would have done well there...

Anyway, the Inventioneers won the NH state Champions Award. Congrats to them!

* 2010 BAE GSR Champions
* 2009 BAE GSR Chairman's Award
* 2006 BAE GSR Champions
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-10-2006, 05:21 PM
Best Available Data
FRC #1778 (Chill Out!)

Ian Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond repute

Those kids from the Flying Geeks need an FRC team. Seriously. That is one of the most inspiring things I have ever seen. I'd be seriously interested in seeing how they managed to track so well, as well as using light sensor moving as well as good ol' cartesian coordinates (Bump into one wall and move out so many rotations, you've got your x, turn 90 degrees and back into that wall, move forward so many rotations and you know y.)

Those kids deserve FRC and Vex. Wow. It took us all season to be able to do everything reliably in 5 programs. They did it in 1. Nice to see they used Mindstorms as well, it's my kit of choice (until I get enough monies to buy a Vex one)
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-10-2006, 05:37 PM
Karthik's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
VEX Robotics GDC Chairman
FRC #1114 (Simbotics)

Rookie Year: 1998
Karthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapoore View Post
Unless you count adding their attachment for triggering the opposite side of the space elevator, the Flying Geeks can indeed get a perfect score in one program! Their robot actually picks up its own attachment from the base! Mindstorms Mayhem has a couple of videos on their website here congratulating the Flying Geeks on their win. Unfortunately the Geeks won't be in Atlanta though. They would have done well there...

That is jaw dropping. I'm sitting here stunned. By far the coolest FLL robot/program I have ever seen.
"Enthusiasm is one of the most powerful engines of success. When you do a thing, do it with all your might. Put your whole soul into it. Stamp it with your own personality. Be active, be energetic, be enthusiastic and faithful and you will accomplish your object. Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm" -- R.W. Emerson
My TEDx Talk - The Subtle Secrets of Success
Full disclosure: I work for IFI and VEX Robotics, and am the Chairman of the VEX Robotics and VEX IQ Game Design Committees
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-10-2006, 05:46 PM
Survived year 1–year 2 comes quick!
AKA: @WmLeverette, @GarnetSq, @SCRIW...
FRC #4901 (Garnet Squadron); FLL #7016/7017 (Garnet Squadron Alfa/Bravo)

Billfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond repute

[wayne'sworld]I'M NOT WORTHY! I'M NOT WORTHY![/wayne'sworld]

Billfred's World Tour: USC Kickoff Palmetto CMP Robot Rodeo Manchester Kickoff Florida Palmetto CMP Capital Clash USC Kickoff FVC Orangeburg Florida Peachtree Palmetto CMP Mission Mayhem Exploding Bacon Vex Event Duel on the Delaware CalGames USC Kickoff Florida Chesapeake Palmetto CMP BattleCry Mission Mayhem Brunswick Eruption 6 Clemson Kickoff Chesapeake Palmetto CMP IRI TNT Greenville Tech Scrimmage Bayou Palmetto CMP IRI GRITS TNT Bayou Palmetto CMP IRI Citadel Kickoff Peachtree Palmetto CMP IRI TNT SCRIW Citadel Kickoff Peachtree Palmetto Championship IRI SCRIW II Chapin Kickoff Palmetto South Florida IRI SCRIW III Chapin Kickoff SC FTC CMP Palmetto SC FLL CMP Orlando CMP Midknight Mayhem SCRIW IV (51,569.9 miles, and still on a mission from Bob)

Rule #1: Do not die. Rule #2: Be respectful. Rule #3: Be safe. Rule #4: Follow the handbook.
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-10-2006, 07:40 PM
#8 Alliance For Life
AKA: Sean Lavery
FRC #1712 (DAWGMA)

Lil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Lil' Lavery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapoore View Post

That's completely amazing...
Is there any way to get them to Atlanta?
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-10-2006, 07:52 PM
Got my degree and ready for more!
AKA: Dan
FRC #0166 (Chop Shop)

InfernoX14 has a reputation beyond reputeInfernoX14 has a reputation beyond reputeInfernoX14 has a reputation beyond reputeInfernoX14 has a reputation beyond reputeInfernoX14 has a reputation beyond reputeInfernoX14 has a reputation beyond reputeInfernoX14 has a reputation beyond reputeInfernoX14 has a reputation beyond reputeInfernoX14 has a reputation beyond reputeInfernoX14 has a reputation beyond reputeInfernoX14 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm proud of the Flying Geeks...

One of their coaches used to be one of our mentors

It seems like New England is the 'Midwest' of FLL.
Who knew silence could be so loud?

Last edited by InfernoX14 : 12-10-2006 at 09:25 PM.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: