OCCRA
Go to Post Things are not always as simple as they seem. - Paul Copioli [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > Rumor Mill
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#16   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-21-2006, 07:49 AM
Always be shipping.
no team
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 1999
Jessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I've got it figured out!!!

Manchester is known for it's interesting inventory shortages around Kickoff...the PoofBall Journey, for those of you who didn't read it last year can be found here.
Advisor, NE FIRST
  #17   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-21-2006, 12:46 PM
AKA: Tom Poore
FRC #1519 (Mechanical Mayhem)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2006
Tapoore is a glorious beacon of lightTapoore is a glorious beacon of lightTapoore is a glorious beacon of lightTapoore is a glorious beacon of lightTapoore is a glorious beacon of lightTapoore is a glorious beacon of light

Hmmmm, auto-wrenches are "Temporarily Unavailable Online - Check Your Local Store" on Home Depot's website... You can get an auto-clamp though.

Who knows? Maybe the auto-wrenches are just another mailbox...

* 2010 BAE GSR Champions
* 2009 BAE GSR Chairman's Award
* 2006 BAE GSR Champions
  #18   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-21-2006, 01:15 PM
Custom User Title
FRC #0254 (The Cheesy Poofs)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2003
Tom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond reputeTom Bottiglieri has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tom Bottiglieri

I got a good laugh from that, Andy. Of all things people would go crazy for near Chritmas, who thought it would be an auto-wrench?

Team 254 | San Jose, CA | Mentor (2010 - Present)
Team 125 | Boston, MA | College Student (2007 - 2011)
Team 195 | Southington, CT | Student (2002 - 2006)
  #19   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-21-2006, 01:18 PM
What would Dave do?
AKA: Peter Kieselbach
FRC #3654 (Tech Tigers)

Rookie Year: 2002
petek has a reputation beyond reputepetek has a reputation beyond reputepetek has a reputation beyond reputepetek has a reputation beyond reputepetek has a reputation beyond reputepetek has a reputation beyond reputepetek has a reputation beyond reputepetek has a reputation beyond reputepetek has a reputation beyond reputepetek has a reputation beyond reputepetek has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to petek

I really enjoyed Andy's insightful analysis and was ready to leave it at that, but then Dave had to weigh in:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlavery View Post
Hey Andy, don't sweat it. I thought it was funny! If those other guys didn't get it, that is their problem.

-dave

p.s. however, I must caution against using my sense of humor as any sort of litmus test for good taste.

Now, almost a day later, no one has begun interpreting, dissecting, attaching synonyms, re-interpreting or otherwise mangling Dave's wise words in an effort to find the hidden key to the game. I smell a conspiracy!

#20   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-21-2006, 04:29 PM
Big Daddy
FRC #0176 (Aces High)

Rookie Year: 2000
BobC is a name known to allBobC is a name known to allBobC is a name known to allBobC is a name known to allBobC is a name known to allBobC is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to BobC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Grady View Post
Ya know...they created the "RUMOR MILL" for a reason. If you see the that the post is from the Rumor Mill, and you dont feel like hearing little humorous things from time to time....then maybe you should just NOT READ the post. Reading a post on these boards is totally up to you.

What I was sharing are actual events which to many of us were kinda funny. I thought it was a good story to share with people on Delphi.

Apparently I was wrong.

I now see why I stopped posting so much here.
Andy,
Do not even worry about the negative thoughts into your post I thought it was very funny. It made me laugh for the FIRST time all day and I listen to O and A most of the day.

1999 National Champions
  #21   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-21-2006, 04:35 PM
Gone the way of the dinosaur
AKA: "Big Mike"
no team

Rookie Year: 1999
Mike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mike Schroeder Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Schroeder

Every Home Depot Store should have recieved an order sometime this afternoon.... if that helps :-p

"We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard"-JFK
  #22   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-21-2006, 05:46 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero
I'm done being quiet!
FRC #0131

Rookie Year: 1995
Andy Grady has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Grady has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Grady has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Grady has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Grady has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Grady has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Grady has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Grady has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Grady has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Grady has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Grady has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Andy Grady

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Andy,
Do not even worry about the negative thoughts into your post I thought it was very funny. It made me laugh for the FIRST time all day and I listen to O and A most of the day.
As a fellow O&A fan, I thank you!

Ya know, this whole thing really does crack me up...

I mean seriously...its a battery operated adjustable wrench. Really! Have we met the height of laziness? Although I will admit, upon seeing the autoclamp, I wanted one immediately...my quote to Jess was as follows.

Andy - AUTOCLAMP?!?!?!?
Jess - Cooool
Andy - I WANT THAT!
Jess - Really? Andy...what are you going to do with that?
Andy - Take it apart!
Jess - WHAT?!?! Why?
Andy - Because I want to see what makes it spin!

Oddly enough, Id have almost 0 use for the autoclamp, but it wouldn't be the first time I bought something to take it apart. Afterall, Greg Needel and I bought a leaf blower last year to take apart for the "Air Wall" experiment.

Oh and as for the perception that Dave Lavery leaves little hints about the game every year in his posts....is anyone else reminded of the movie "Life of Brian" when they see some of the posts? Thats why the CD community cracks me up. I'm sure it cracks Dave up too...to the point where I am convinced that he does subtle little things just to see if people pick up on them...even if the game has absolutely nothing to do with it. I mean...who could blame him...I would too if I were in his shoes!

#23   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-21-2006, 06:04 PM
Onward through the fog.
FRC #0418 (LASA Robotics/Purple Haze)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2002
JaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond repute

Air Wall experiment?

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
~ Helen Keller
(1880-1968)
  #24   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-21-2006, 06:19 PM
Team 2021 Captain
AKA: Chris Davidson
FRC #2021 (FA Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2006
chris31 has a reputation beyond reputechris31 has a reputation beyond reputechris31 has a reputation beyond reputechris31 has a reputation beyond reputechris31 has a reputation beyond reputechris31 has a reputation beyond reputechris31 has a reputation beyond reputechris31 has a reputation beyond reputechris31 has a reputation beyond reputechris31 has a reputation beyond reputechris31 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to chris31 Send a message via Skype™ to chris31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane View Post
Air Wall experiment?
My guess is they wanted to sit under the goal and try and blow all the balls off target.
  #25   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-21-2006, 06:25 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero
I'm done being quiet!
FRC #0131

Rookie Year: 1995
Andy Grady has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Grady has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Grady has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Grady has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Grady has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Grady has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Grady has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Grady has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Grady has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Grady has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Grady has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Andy Grady

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris31 View Post
My guess is they wanted to sit under the goal and try and blow all the balls off target.
This is correct. We wanted to create a wind wall idea to knock down any balls that were shot into the goal. (One of Needel's crazy but excelent 1am ideas). Needless to say...we could make a ball float...but we couldn't stop it from going through a goal.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: