Go to Post Team handbooks - they are like safety glasses... they seem stupid and a pain to wear, and they make it harder to see... but they seem important about 1 msec after a flaming hunk on metal bounces off them. - Not2B [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Programming
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-13-2007, 08:00 AM
AKA: Matthew Douglas
FRC #0228 (GUS Robotics)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2005
MattD is a splendid one to beholdMattD is a splendid one to beholdMattD is a splendid one to beholdMattD is a splendid one to beholdMattD is a splendid one to beholdMattD is a splendid one to beholdMattD is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattD
easyC PRO on Ubuntu Linux

I did a quick search to see if anyone has posted this before, and didn't really find anything besides a locked thread. Sorry if this information is already somewhere else.

I spent some time trying to get easyC PRO to work on Ubuntu tonight, and I thought I'd share how I got it to work.

* Note: I have not yet tested the USB/Serial adapter with this.

Screenshots:

Step 1: Get Wine 0.9.29 from here. Note that the compiler will not work with 0.9.22.

Step 2: After Wine is installed, download easyC PRO. Run the setup with the command wine /path/to/easyCPro.exe. This works mostly the same as on Windows.

Step 3: After you have easyC PRO installed, you can run it using wine "~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Intelitek/easyC Pro/easyC.exe"

Step 4: At this point, easyC should work normally with one problem - code will not compile. I'm not exactly sure if all of these things need to be done, but before I got it to work I did the following:

- Rename "~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Intelitek/easyC Pro/#Tools/Frc" to "~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Intelitek/easyC Pro/#Tools/FRC"
- Rename "~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Intelitek/easyC Pro/#Tools/FRC/Api" to "~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Intelitek/easyC Pro/#Tools/FRC/API"
- Rename "~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Intelitek/easyC Pro/#Tools/FRC/API/Api.h" to "~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Intelitek/easyC Pro/#Tools/FRC/API/API.h"
- I'm still not sure on why this part had to be done:
Edit API.h and remove all of the VEX parts from it, and all of the #ifdef _FRC_BOARD and #endif lines associated with them. I'm guessing the compiler may have freaked out with the line breaks on those, but I really don't know. My copy of API.h that is working is attached.

I think that's it, but I messed around with this for quite a while so I might have missed a step or two.

Hope this helps.
Attached Files
File Type: h API.h (9.4 KB, 80 views)

2010 WPI Engineering Inspiration Award
2010 WPI Regional Champions (Thanks 230 & 20!)
2010 CT VEX Champions
2010 CT VEX Innovate Award
2009 QCC VEX Champions
2009 CT Motorola Quality Award
2007 CT J&J Sportsmanship Award
2006 CT Best Website Award

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: