OCCRA
Go to Post Finally, a Team Update that we can all agree to! - artdutra04 [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Programming
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-01-2008, 10:26 AM
Get a life? This IS my life!
AKA: Phil Malone
FRC #1629 (GaCo: The Garrett Coalition)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2006
PhilBot has a reputation beyond reputePhilBot has a reputation beyond reputePhilBot has a reputation beyond reputePhilBot has a reputation beyond reputePhilBot has a reputation beyond reputePhilBot has a reputation beyond reputePhilBot has a reputation beyond reputePhilBot has a reputation beyond reputePhilBot has a reputation beyond reputePhilBot has a reputation beyond reputePhilBot has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New C18 3.0+ Compatible FRC Code

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Watson View Post
Here is a snapshot of the current build:

http://kevin.org/frc/ifi_frc_beta_2.zip

-Kevin
That's looking excellent.

trivial note: I don't know whether you update your comments along the way, or once the build has stabilized, but I just wanted to mention that the ifi_frc.c file still has all the old reference to user_code.c in it's comments.

Another thing I realized when I loaded this project was that your development environment and mine don't match, so it caused a hickup that may trip up first time users (me two years back

You have the CC18 environment loaded under the MPLAB program folder, wheras mine is loaded under the c:/ root. I have no idea if this was a decision of mine, or the compiler default (i think so), or a consequence of me simply "upgrading" last year's install, but it means that when I load your project, two things happen:

1) MPLabs prompts me as to whether I want to keep my old CC18 compiler and Linker folders or use the ones in the project (I say keep the old one)

2) I get a linker error because MPLAB can't find the clib library. I need to go to Build-Options/Directories/Library, and set the path from c:/program files/mplab/cc18/lib to c:/cc18/lib

My only reason for bringing this up is to determine what you, and the likely "critical mass" of users will be using. If CC18 should be loaded under MPLAB then I'll move mine. If this is contrary to the install default, then a "pre-install" readme would be a good idea to prevent (minimize) the initial confusion of new users.

Thanks for all the time you put in.

Phil.

FRC1629 Mentor (2011 CMP Eng. Inspiration, 2010 Chesapeake Chairmans Award, 2009 Pittsburgh EI Award, 2008 Buckeye EI Award, 2006 Chesapeake Alliance Winner)
FTC2818 Coach (2011 CMP Divisional Finalist, 2011 MD Winning Alliance, 2010 MD & OH Winning Alliance Captain, 2009 MD Inspire Award and Championship Finalist).
FTC4240 Mentor (2011 CMP Divisional Finalist Captain, 2011 MD Winning Alliance Captain).
FLL Team NeXTGEN Mentor (2011 CMP 3rd place Strategy & Innovation, US Open 09, Champions Award: '11 MD, 09 PIT, 08 & 07 MD)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: