OCCRA
Go to Post Even worse, you could have a "Kiss the Paul" contest. I heard he squeals when you pick him up too. - AndyB [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Old Forum Archives > 2000
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-24-2002, 12:36 AM
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

archiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond repute
Battle Bots

Posted by Jimmy Holmes.

Coach on team #27, Team RUSH, from Osmtech Academy and Textron.

Posted on 12/7/2000 3:14 PM MST

Did anyone else notice that at the end of Battle Bots on Dec. 05 2000, the last thing to flash on the screen was FIRST Television. Do you think this is a coincidence or is FIRST in the background pulling some strings for this event

#2   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

archiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Battle Bots

Posted by Erin.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Other on team #65, Huskie Brigade, from Pontiac Northern High School and GM Powertrain.

Posted on 12/7/2000 3:45 PM MST

In Reply to: Battle Bots posted by Jimmy Holmes on 12/7/2000 3:14 PM MST:

HEY BIG JIMMY!! LONG TIME NO SEE.
how is wedgiebot?

The 'first television' has already been discussed previously in the forum, and it was deciphered that 'first television' has nothing to do with FIRST.

They wish they were as cool as us.

-Erin

#3   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Re: Battle Bots

Posted by Andy Grady.

Other on team #126, Gael Force, from Clinton High School and Nypro Inc..

Posted on 12/7/2000 7:53 PM MST

In Reply to: Re: Battle Bots posted by Erin on 12/7/2000 3:45 PM MST:

I still disagree...Think about it, something comes up at the end of a show with a robotic competition, it says FIRST in big letters, Battlebots has been very supportive of FIRST from what I have heard, how much evidence do we need?...I think that we are gonna find some things out about that FIRST Television thing at the end of Battlebots at kickoff or at nats this year. Has anyone here wondered why Lori or any other members of the FIRST staff have not said anything to clarify the situation? Usually they would jump in on something like this...of course Lori and the crew usually have an eye on the board, maybe this is their cue to say something...Id be willing to bet the farm that there is a suprise waiting for us this year!
Cya,
Andy Grady

#4   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

No association...

Posted by Joe Johnson.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Engineer on team #47, Chief Delphi, from Pontiac Central High School and Delphi Automotive Systems.

Posted on 12/7/2000 10:00 PM MST

In Reply to: Re: Battle Bots posted by Andy Grady on 12/7/2000 7:53 PM MST:

While it is very hard to believe, it is true. FIRST has nothing to do with Battle Bots.

I have had conversations with Laura London about this issue. The fact that the production company that makes the Battle Bot shows for Comedy Central is called FIRST is spooky but totally luck.

Believe me, FIRST has no association with Battle Bots.

You can continue to think otherwise, but for me the issue is settled.

Joe J.

#5   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Re: No association...

Posted by Jessica Boucher.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Student on team #237, Sie-H2O-Bots, from Watertown High School and Eastern Awning Systems & The Siemon Company.

Posted on 12/8/2000 6:55 AM MST

In Reply to: No association... posted by Joe Johnson on 12/7/2000 10:00 PM MST:

: While it is very hard to believe, it is true. FIRST has nothing to do with Battle Bots.

: I have had conversations with Laura London about this issue. The fact that the production company that makes the Battle Bot shows for Comedy Central is called FIRST is spooky but totally luck.

: Believe me, FIRST has no association with Battle Bots.

: You can continue to think otherwise, but for me the issue is settled.

: Joe J.

I have to agree with Joe here, it might be called 'FIRST Television', but the font & the coloration is wrong. Plus, if it was FIRST, it would have the logo up there too.

-Jessica B, #237

#6   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

rehashing old news

Posted by Jimmy Holmes.

Coach on team #27, Team RUSH, from Osmtech Academy and Textron.

Posted on 12/10/2000 1:46 AM MST

In Reply to: Re: No association... posted by Jessica Boucher on 12/8/2000 6:55 AM MST:

Sorry everyone I did not realize this was old news, I thought I kept up with all of it, my bad. Interesting thought though. Jimmy Holmes, Team 27

p.s ....The bot is well, thanks 4 asking

#7   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

First isn't a unique name.......

Posted by Matt Leese.

Other on team #73 from Edison Technical HS and Alstom & Rochester Institute of Technology.

Posted on 12/8/2000 8:19 AM MST

In Reply to: Re: Battle Bots posted by Andy Grady on 12/7/2000 7:53 PM MST:

Just as an exercise to show that First isn't a unique name, open up the white pages to the F's and look for First. Yep, there should be lots of them (at least there are in Rochester). Funny thing is here there's something called First Funding....I was tempted to call.

Matt
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Re: First isn't a unique name.......

Posted by Raul.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Engineer on team #111, Wildstang, from Rolling Meadows & Wheeling HS and Motorola.

Posted on 12/8/2000 11:07 AM MST

In Reply to: First isn't a unique name....... posted by Matt Leese on 12/8/2000 8:19 AM MST:

Yeah, and there are First Banks everywhere!

Beside, it is First Television not FIRST Television.

Raul

: Just as an exercise to show that First isn't a unique name, open up the white pages to the F's and look for First. Yep, there should be lots of them (at least there are in Rochester). Funny thing is here there's something called First Funding....I was tempted to call.

: Matt

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: