OCCRA
Go to Post As much as you may want the ChiefDelphi community to see your argument, we may not want to see yours. - Amanda Morrison [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Programming > NI LabVIEW
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-22-2008, 06:54 PM
Test Engineer
AKA: Marshal Horn
FRC #3213 (Thunder Tech)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2008
kamocat is just really nicekamocat is just really nicekamocat is just really nicekamocat is just really nicekamocat is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to kamocat Send a message via MSN to kamocat Send a message via Skype™ to kamocat
Get pixel color (Labview)

I've started to move into experimentation with image processing for the purpose of tracking or controlling a robot and simulating a field, but more and more I find I need to get the colors of the pixels surrounding the robot for this to be of any use. Is there a way of doing that without using Pixmaps? (If not, is there a way of doing that with pixmaps?)

Thanks!
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-22-2008, 09:08 PM
no team (Team NI)

Greg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Get pixel color (Labview)

I'm not sure I understand what you are attempting. LabVIEW has basic pixmaps of a sort, but they are called Image Clusters or something similar. You can get at pixels and do basic stuff, but these aren't really for image processing.

For image processing, NI sells an add-on to LV and C for machine vision. This introduces a new datatype and diplay for images, and many many functions for processing the images.

If I'm off the mark, break down the question for me.

Greg McKaskle
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-22-2008, 09:52 PM
Test Engineer
FRC #3213 (Thunder Tech)

kamocat is just really nicekamocat is just really nicekamocat is just really nicekamocat is just really nicekamocat is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to kamocat Send a message via MSN to kamocat Send a message via Skype™ to kamocat

I'm not quite sure whether you understand it or not (I think I know what Pixmaps are, but I'm not sure that Labview has the same interpretation of them).

I want to get the color of a specific pixel. Say I have a pixel at coordinates 259, 340. How do I find its color? (Obviously, I can see it, but that doesn't mean I can incoorperate that specific pixel as a value into the block diagram).
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-23-2008, 07:48 PM
no team (Team NI)

Greg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond repute

Where is the pixel? On the screen? If you drew it, then you can index the array of pixels to get at the one you are interested in. If the pixel is part of a camera or video display shown elsewhere onscreen, then you need to access the source content -- the jpeg on disk or frame buffer content.

This is where the types I mentioned in LV come into play. If LabVIEW is a part of the video display, you will end up using the image type provided. If loading JPEGs from disk you will use the image cluster.

As for pixmaps, there are hundreds of variations in how they are defined. LV can manipulate all of them, but it may not have built-in support. With more details, I'd be happy to help.

Greg McKaskle
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-24-2008, 01:28 AM
Test Engineer
FRC #3213 (Thunder Tech)

Thank you! I think I found what I was looking for. I didn't realize it initially because I didn't know what "unflattening a pixmap" meant.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: