OCCRA
Go to Post If they ask you to stop - you stop. - techhelpbb [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Programming > NI LabVIEW
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-04-2009, 05:32 PM
no team

Relative0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Connecting Multiple PXI-boards for faster data aquisition speed Is it feasible?

I have a PXI board sampleing at 10 Ms/s. In principle I am wondering if it is feasible to make an array of a couple of the same boards, (even if in different chassis) and create some sort of offset between sampling triggers, which if all the boards are sampling at the same rate, (say the maximum 10 Ms/s), then I am getting a sampling rate of (number of boards * 10 Ms/s).

I know that there has to be some sort of device at the end that can pick up all the samples and so, for example, if I connected these boards/chassis together so that I had 10 cards all together, I could theoretically have 100 Ms/s, but I would need something at the end that could grab all the data. Does anyone know anything about this or have any ideas what so-ever?

I am thinking at worst, I could have some sort of device that writes this information to a buffer, (a really large one), and then whatever it is at the end could then re-combine everything. I however wonder if there is a better solution, have looked around but think that I just don't have the right keywords or knowledge. So I thought that perhaps someone could give me a heads up or a keyword or something. Or, if there even is a methodology or something that has been developed that does what I am thinking.

I am trying to create this in part because I need a lot of channels, (like 32), at 100 Ms/s. I am trying to make the hardware scalable since say some day I need to go to 200 Ms/s, instead of 100 Ms/s. Instead of buying a whole new Chassis/boards, perhaps I can just use the same ones that I have and create a raid like system.

Any thoughts are helpful,

thank you,

Brian

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: