OCCRA
Go to Post Every now and then, the judicious application of a modicum of common sense can make all the difference in the world. - dlavery [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #32   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-02-2009, 05:37 PM
Onward through the fog.
FRC #0418 (LASA Robotics/Purple Haze)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2002
JaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What Happens To Your Attitude Towards Gracious Professionalism When You Leave FIR

I don't necessarily think something is wrong if I'm wondering about Gracious Professionalism, Joe. It doesn't bother me a bit that I enjoy thinking about the goals and mission of FIRST as I understand them to be. Gracious Professionalism is a part of that. Developing professional partnerships on a global basis yet treating each other with kindness and grace, even while being competitive - I see nothing wrong with wonder-ing about that, being inspired by that, and thinking about the efforts that FIRST teams put into inspiring students and the general public/communities. But as students graduate, move on, leave FIRST (or seem to), does anything stick? That's what I'm wondering about in this thread.
--
Happy Birthday, Joe.

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
~ Helen Keller
(1880-1968)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: