OCCRA
Go to Post Please review the rules for posting. - meaubry [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Programming > WindRiver C++
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-31-2010, 04:58 AM
Red 5, standing by...
AKA: That guy
FRC #0111 (WildStang), FRC #3132 (Thunder Down Under)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2010
SteveGarward has much to be proud ofSteveGarward has much to be proud ofSteveGarward has much to be proud ofSteveGarward has much to be proud ofSteveGarward has much to be proud ofSteveGarward has much to be proud ofSteveGarward has much to be proud ofSteveGarward has much to be proud ofSteveGarward has much to be proud of
Error connecting to cRIO through Windriver

Hi

I've been trying on and off to get Workbench connected to the cRIO for debugging and console output. Each time, it fails to connect and gives an error, largely along the lines of the image on the cRIO is not the same as the image locally (or some such - sorry, I'm not in front of it right now).

So it's not a link error (symbols out of date etc.).. This is just basic connection to the cRIO. I've applied all the updates, and re-imaged the cRIO to v19 (twice, for various reasons). I've followed the instructions in the getting started guide exactly.

Does anyone else have any suggestions? This seems to work for everyone else first go.

The only thing that occurred to me tonight, while reading other posts, is that perhaps we need to have the Console Out DIP switch on the cRIO set to on. Is that the part I'm missing?

FRC Team 111 - WildStang
FTC Team 111 - MiniStang
FLL Team 4870 - Full Power!
FRC Team 3132 - Australia's FIRST FRC Team!

#2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-31-2010, 06:59 AM
Software Engineer
AKA: Addi's and Georgie's Dad
FRC #1629 (GaCo)
Team Role: Parent

Rookie Year: 2008
gvarndell has a reputation beyond reputegvarndell has a reputation beyond reputegvarndell has a reputation beyond reputegvarndell has a reputation beyond reputegvarndell has a reputation beyond reputegvarndell has a reputation beyond reputegvarndell has a reputation beyond reputegvarndell has a reputation beyond reputegvarndell has a reputation beyond reputegvarndell has a reputation beyond reputegvarndell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Error connecting to cRIO through Windriver

Could you please try setting 'Bypass checksum comparison' in the Target Connection properties and see if that allows you to connect?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cksum.PNG
Views:	22
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	8449  

Last edited by gvarndell : 01-31-2010 at 08:03 AM.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-04-2010, 05:54 AM
Red 5, standing by...
AKA: That guy
FRC #0111 (WildStang), FRC #3132 (Thunder Down Under)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2010
SteveGarward has much to be proud ofSteveGarward has much to be proud ofSteveGarward has much to be proud ofSteveGarward has much to be proud ofSteveGarward has much to be proud ofSteveGarward has much to be proud ofSteveGarward has much to be proud ofSteveGarward has much to be proud ofSteveGarward has much to be proud of
Re: Error connecting to cRIO through Windriver

Got this working tonight. Honestly don't know why it suddenly worked... All updates were applied before, and it didn't work with or without those updates.

I selected a new kernel image file - different location to where it was previously, I think after the latest workbench update was applied.. But either way, with that now it all seems to work ok.

FRC Team 111 - WildStang
FTC Team 111 - MiniStang
FLL Team 4870 - Full Power!
FRC Team 3132 - Australia's FIRST FRC Team!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: