Go to Post My students want me to confirm if they're only allowed one submission per team? (Apparently they've gotten a sudden wave on linguistic inspiration...) - Siri [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Programming
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-19-2010, 12:19 PM
All your auto points belong to us.
AKA: @doctorfogarty @UofSCFIRSTers @GarnetSq
FRC #4901 (4H Garnet Squadron Robotics)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2006
JohnFogarty has a brilliant futureJohnFogarty has a brilliant futureJohnFogarty has a brilliant futureJohnFogarty has a brilliant futureJohnFogarty has a brilliant futureJohnFogarty has a brilliant futureJohnFogarty has a brilliant futureJohnFogarty has a brilliant futureJohnFogarty has a brilliant futureJohnFogarty has a brilliant futureJohnFogarty has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to JohnFogarty Send a message via Yahoo to JohnFogarty Send a message via Skype™ to JohnFogarty
Learning Autonomous Mode?

So an interesting idea was proposed to me last night, and I wanted to receive some input on how possible it was. It is possible to put a robot in Autonomous Mode and have it learn the correct path to take and remember it for future reference. Almost all Industrial autonomous robots have this ability, by either software or hardware. For example put encoders on all of the wheel outputs to count revolutions and so when its gone the right amount have it remember how to do it. Maybe a combination of sonar and encoders could help avoid unnecessary collisions in AUTO mode. I program in LabVIEW right now now and our autonomous mode is mostly a State Machine structured program. Just looking for some input.

John Fogarty
Programmer M'Aiken Magic 1102
Programmer/Captain GForce 3864
(2013) 1772 - 1 FRC Winning Alliance
(2014 - ???) 4901 - 1 FRC Winning Alliance
http://www.garnetsquadron.com/

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: