OCCRA
Go to Post The unlived life is not worth examining; the unexamined life is not worth living. - Sage-Theory6 [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > ChiefDelphi.com Website > Extra Discussion
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #166   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-17-2012, 10:40 PM
FRCTop25.com
FRC #0340 (GRR)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2005
Mike Starke has a reputation beyond reputeMike Starke has a reputation beyond reputeMike Starke has a reputation beyond reputeMike Starke has a reputation beyond reputeMike Starke has a reputation beyond reputeMike Starke has a reputation beyond reputeMike Starke has a reputation beyond reputeMike Starke has a reputation beyond reputeMike Starke has a reputation beyond reputeMike Starke has a reputation beyond reputeMike Starke has a reputation beyond repute
Re: paper: New Scouting Database from Team 2834

Hey Ed!
First off, thank you SO MUCH for doing this!
Secondly, would it be at all possible to have the file available as a ".xls"? My Mac doesn't seem to like the .xlsx
Thanks! If it works better for you to email it to me, shoot me a DM!
Thanks!
  #167   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-17-2012, 11:34 PM
FRC #2834 (Bionic Black Hawks)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2009
Ed Law has a reputation beyond reputeEd Law has a reputation beyond reputeEd Law has a reputation beyond reputeEd Law has a reputation beyond reputeEd Law has a reputation beyond reputeEd Law has a reputation beyond reputeEd Law has a reputation beyond reputeEd Law has a reputation beyond reputeEd Law has a reputation beyond reputeEd Law has a reputation beyond reputeEd Law has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Starke View Post
Hey Ed!
Secondly, would it be at all possible to have the file available as a ".xls"? My Mac doesn't seem to like the .xlsx
Thanks!
Please PM me your email address. You have no contact info on CD.
  #168   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-19-2012, 07:19 AM
AKA: Al Gritzmacher
FRC #1507 (Warlocks)

Rookie Year: 2003
Doc Wu has a brilliant futureDoc Wu has a brilliant futureDoc Wu has a brilliant futureDoc Wu has a brilliant futureDoc Wu has a brilliant futureDoc Wu has a brilliant futureDoc Wu has a brilliant futureDoc Wu has a brilliant futureDoc Wu has a brilliant futureDoc Wu has a brilliant futureDoc Wu has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Doc Wu

This is an amazing spreadsheet. As someone who used to write Lotus 1-2-3 macros back in the day, I am in awe.

I was able to run the macros to update the week 3 regionals successfully. How do I get that data merged into the OPR and WM tabs?

Thanks...

Amateur Radio Callsign: AE2T

2014 Robot Inspector - Tech Valley, Fingerlakes, Buckeye, Championship
2013 Robot Inspector - Fingerlakes, Buckeye, Championship
2012 Robot Inspector - Fingerlakes, Buckeye, Championship
2012 Website Evaluator - Fingerlakes, Buckeye, Championship
2011 Robot Inspector - Fingerlakes 2011 Safety Advisor - Fingerlakes

#169   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-19-2012, 09:16 AM

Ed Law has a reputation beyond reputeEd Law has a reputation beyond reputeEd Law has a reputation beyond reputeEd Law has a reputation beyond reputeEd Law has a reputation beyond reputeEd Law has a reputation beyond reputeEd Law has a reputation beyond reputeEd Law has a reputation beyond reputeEd Law has a reputation beyond reputeEd Law has a reputation beyond reputeEd Law has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Wu View Post
This is an amazing spreadsheet. As someone who used to write Lotus 1-2-3 macros back in the day, I am in awe.

I was able to run the macros to update the week 3 regionals successfully. How do I get that data merged into the OPR and WM tabs?

Thanks...
I am glad it worked out for you. Every week after the events are over, I update the OPR numbers, check to make sure all results FIRST posted are correct, and then I transfer that week's data to the OPR and WM tabs. I guess I am performing the Quality Control function and make sure there is only one set of data in the CD community instead of everybody running them and potentially have slightly different numbers.

Week 3 data were already posted yesterday. There is a separate post to discuss each week's data. See http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/sh...hreadid=104743
  #170   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-19-2012, 12:12 PM
FRC #3548 (RoboRavens)

Rookie Year: 2004
marccenter has a spectacular aura aboutmarccenter has a spectacular aura about

Dr Ed Law,
Thanks for revising the database to add points for teams that elected to gather coopertition points for their alliance. At the Michigan Waterford District tournament we found ourselves often in a position that we were the most consistent bridge climbing team and other opposing alliance often met with us to discuss going together on the white bridge to gain this valuable seeding points. We could have climbed the alliance bridge for 10 points but elected to go the other route. Should the coopertition points really be 10 points instead of the 5 shown in your database? We still climbed a bridge and balanced?
GM Propulsion System Engineer
marccenter@yahoo.com
Mobile: 248-255-7377

Msg to Engr College Freshmen: School is now FIRST
and FIRST is now second!
  #171   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-19-2012, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marccenter View Post
Dr Ed Law,
Thanks for revising the database to add points for teams that elected to gather coopertition points for their alliance. At the Michigan Waterford District tournament we found ourselves often in a position that we were the most consistent bridge climbing team and other opposing alliance often met with us to discuss going together on the white bridge to gain this valuable seeding points. We could have climbed the alliance bridge for 10 points but elected to go the other route. Should the coopertition points really be 10 points instead of the 5 shown in your database? We still climbed a bridge and balanced?
We are giving 5 bridge points for every 1 coop point. However when you balance on the coop bridge in each match, you get 2 coop points which means you are getting 10 bridge points. If you had gone to the alliance bridge by yourselves or balance with a partner, it is also 10 points extra, so it is the same. If you feel that you want to look at it differently by sorting using more than 5 bridge points for every 1 coop point, you can change the number in cell AF1 to whatever you like.
  #172   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-19-2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Starke View Post
Hey Ed!
Thanks!
Mike, it is your lucky day. Excel finally cooperated and let me write it out in .xls format.
Ether, now you can look at the data using Excel 2003.
  #173   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-19-2012, 01:07 PM
systems engineer (retired)
no team

Rookie Year: 1969
Ether has a reputation beyond reputeEther has a reputation beyond reputeEther has a reputation beyond reputeEther has a reputation beyond reputeEther has a reputation beyond reputeEther has a reputation beyond reputeEther has a reputation beyond reputeEther has a reputation beyond reputeEther has a reputation beyond reputeEther has a reputation beyond reputeEther has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Law View Post
Mike, it is your lucky day. Excel finally cooperated and let me write it out in .xls format.
Ether, now you can look at the data using Excel 2003.
Thanks Ed !

#174   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-22-2012, 10:27 PM

The database has been updated with Divisions information and links were set up for use at Championship to easily update the OPR etc. if you have access to the internet.

Good luck to all at the Championship. Our team is in Newton division. Stop by to say hi. I would love to hear from you and how you use this database for your team.
  #175   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-23-2012, 11:35 AM
FRC #0086 (Team Resistance)

Rookie Year: 2001
Jacob Plicque is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: paper: New Scouting Database from Team 2834

Ed,
Thanks for the update. Your efforts make it a lot easier for Team 86 and surely others to find the diamond in the rough.
In my previous email, the playoffs were correctly predicted by the eliminations about 70% of the time. Have you considered calculating the playoff rounds with the elims to raise the accuracy of the predictor?
See you in St Louis.
Jacob
Mentor Team Resistance
Newton Division
  #176   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-23-2012, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob Plicque View Post
Ed,
Thanks for the update. Your efforts make it a lot easier for Team 86 and surely others to find the diamond in the rough.
In my previous email, the playoffs were correctly predicted by the eliminations about 70% of the time. Have you considered calculating the playoff rounds with the elims to raise the accuracy of the predictor?
See you in St Louis.
Jacob
Mentor Team Resistance
Newton Division
We are in Newton Division too. I will look forward to seeing you. Perhaps we can share our scouting data.
  #177   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-27-2012, 08:38 AM

Championship data version 2 is out with Thursday's results. I also fixed some of the link problems that I can find.
  #178   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-27-2012, 08:24 PM
Dare greatly
no team (Referees)

Rookie Year: 2007
Siri has a reputation beyond reputeSiri has a reputation beyond reputeSiri has a reputation beyond reputeSiri has a reputation beyond reputeSiri has a reputation beyond reputeSiri has a reputation beyond reputeSiri has a reputation beyond reputeSiri has a reputation beyond reputeSiri has a reputation beyond reputeSiri has a reputation beyond reputeSiri has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Siri

Hi Ed,

We seem to be having a problem with updating Thursday's database for Friday's results. Crtl+Shift+P updates the ranking and official FIRST data, but the OPR data doesn't appear to change. Are we missing something? Thanks
  #179   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-27-2012, 11:59 PM

Championship data Version 3 including Thursday and Friday results are uploaded. I fixed one problem with the OPR data calculation. However there is something very strange going on with the links. It keeps changing the link to KC, NH, TN and STX. If the Ctrl Shift P does not work, you will need to manually copy and paste into the spreadsheet.

A lot of these latest problem with the spreadsheet is because the spreadsheet was developed not expecting any regional to have more than 97 teams. Since we have 100 teams in each division, there was not enough room to put the standing data between 1 and 100. There are also more matches than I have allocated room for. I have to add rows and there were a lot of changes in the macros and formulas that I sometimes missed.

After the championship is over, I will need to clean this up and probably delete and redo all the links once and for all.
  #180   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-17-2013, 11:12 PM
AKA: Hunter Park
FRC #1706 (Ratchet Rockers)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2011
faust1706 is a splendid one to beholdfaust1706 is a splendid one to beholdfaust1706 is a splendid one to beholdfaust1706 is a splendid one to beholdfaust1706 is a splendid one to beholdfaust1706 is a splendid one to beholdfaust1706 is a splendid one to behold

wow. that is truly an amazing work of excel. Thanks for posting this, cant even begin to imagine how it was made!

Doubt everything and find your own light.

Quoth the Kamen

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: