OCCRA
Go to Post Yes, I have already determined that the device is capable of launching 2,160 Krispy Kreme donuts into the back seat of my Mustang with a vertical displacement of 65 feet, without cracking the sugary glaze on a single donut. - dlavery [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > ChiefDelphi.com Website > Extra Discussion
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #61   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-18-2012, 08:28 PM
Always a Midknight Inventor.
AKA: denim's in the genes.
FRC #1923 (The MidKnight Inventors)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 1992
Libby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond repute
Re: pic: Best Emcee Ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Lavery View Post
... I'm kinda hoping for one of the younger/newer generation of MCs to make a name for themselves....
I think it takes time, as you said, to create that personality.

For me? Of course I love Blair, Karthik, and all the 'usuals'... but in the up and coming category...

"Angry Eric" Eckhardt - He's not angry at all... and he's new to FRC but not to FIRST. He has been emceeing (and double-duty announcing) for Clarkson's FLL and FTC Competitions for years!

Dan, from Montreal (I cannot for the life of me remember his last name). - He was full of energy and had to do the entire event bilingually! Oh, and he'd only attended one FRC event before. He and Blair share a pretty unique characteristic - acting. They're true performers, and it shows.

And, of course, to be that get-off-my-lawn-old-timey-FIRSTer ... Woodie. Of course.
Founder, Captain, Operator, Regional Champion, & proud Alumni. I will always be a MidKnight Inventor.
Continuing my support from 2010 onward as a mentor & drive coach.

2010 to 2013: 229 Division By Zero and 4124 Integration by Parts
Clarkson University Mentor for FLL/FTC, & Lead Mentor for FRC.

-
questions? comments? concerns? | twitter: @libbyk | about.me/libbykamen
  #62   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-18-2012, 08:54 PM
AKA: Patrick Freivald
FRC #1551 (The Grapes of Wrath)

Rookie Year: 2001
pfreivald has a reputation beyond reputepfreivald has a reputation beyond reputepfreivald has a reputation beyond reputepfreivald has a reputation beyond reputepfreivald has a reputation beyond reputepfreivald has a reputation beyond reputepfreivald has a reputation beyond reputepfreivald has a reputation beyond reputepfreivald has a reputation beyond reputepfreivald has a reputation beyond reputepfreivald has a reputation beyond repute

Angry Eric is a great MC at the Ruckus and Rally -- that, and he has magical gnomes that live in his hair and magically fix your robot whenever he gets near it.
Bausch & Lomb, PTC Corporation, and Naples High School

I write books, too!
  #63   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-18-2012, 09:27 PM
The Crazy Blonde
AKA: Cassie
FRC #0103 (Cybersonics)

Rookie Year: 1997
Dancin103 has a reputation beyond reputeDancin103 has a reputation beyond reputeDancin103 has a reputation beyond reputeDancin103 has a reputation beyond reputeDancin103 has a reputation beyond reputeDancin103 has a reputation beyond reputeDancin103 has a reputation beyond reputeDancin103 has a reputation beyond reputeDancin103 has a reputation beyond reputeDancin103 has a reputation beyond reputeDancin103 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Dancin103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby K View Post
And, of course, to be that get-off-my-lawn-old-timey-FIRSTer ... Woodie. Of course.
Of course! I miss Woodie MCing events. Haven't had him at an event we were at in a while. Gotta love Woodie!

2010 Florida Regional Woodie Flowers Award - Cathy Beck
2011 Florida Regional Woodie Flowers Award - Jack Tusman
  #64   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-18-2012, 09:36 PM
I come through in a spinsch
AKA: George- The Voice
FRC #0303 (TEST Team)

Rookie Year: 2001
George A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to George A.

An up and comer to keep your eye on: Katie Stevens. She worked the Hatboro Horsham district, The Rutgers District, the NYC regional, and she still has 3 more competitions this year alone.

She is going to be one of the greats, mark my words.
Game Announcer NY: 2005-2008
Game Announcer Champsionships: 2005-2008

#65   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-18-2012, 10:56 PM
AKA: Debbie May
FRC #1023 (Bedford Express)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2000
Debbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiyash View Post
Dave Verbrugge is by far the best MC. There's a reason why he ALWAYS does the MSC and Einstein.

As far as play by play, Tom Nader is the best. Hands down. I love that man!
I would totally agree with this. Let's not forget the handstand introductions Dave does. And, Tom always keeps it exciting!

Also agree about the perfect storm being the BEST ever intro! How he ever remembered all of that amazed me! We are lucky to have the best in Michigan, though I have heard some other great ones at world's, I'm partial to my Michigan people.

Bedford Express Varsity Letter Video BX Facebook
  #66   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-19-2012, 09:53 AM
Always a Midknight Inventor.
AKA: denim's in the genes.
FRC #1923 (The MidKnight Inventors)

Rookie Year: 1992
Libby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by George A. View Post
An up and comer to keep your eye on: Katie Stevens. She worked the Hatboro Horsham district, The Rutgers District, the NYC regional, and she still has 3 more competitions this year alone.

She is going to be one of the greats, mark my words.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees her doing well.

I don't think it's fair for me to add her to my list, since she is a friend and 1923 teammate- but it's always been a dream of hers to be up there on the field, and I'm so glad it's happening. If you don't know Katie - she has absolutely limitless energy. Can't wait to see her keep going with this.
Founder, Captain, Operator, Regional Champion, & proud Alumni. I will always be a MidKnight Inventor.
Continuing my support from 2010 onward as a mentor & drive coach.

2010 to 2013: 229 Division By Zero and 4124 Integration by Parts
Clarkson University Mentor for FLL/FTC, & Lead Mentor for FRC.

-
questions? comments? concerns? | twitter: @libbyk | about.me/libbykamen
  #67   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-20-2012, 07:29 AM
FRC #0103 (Cybersonics)
Team Role: Mechanical

Rookie Year: 2011
Sonicsean is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, you can really see the backboard tape in the background. lol
  #68   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-20-2012, 08:19 AM
Missouri S&T Sophomore
FRC #2410 (BV CAPS Metal Mustang Robotics)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2010
CalTran has a reputation beyond reputeCalTran has a reputation beyond reputeCalTran has a reputation beyond reputeCalTran has a reputation beyond reputeCalTran has a reputation beyond reputeCalTran has a reputation beyond reputeCalTran has a reputation beyond reputeCalTran has a reputation beyond reputeCalTran has a reputation beyond reputeCalTran has a reputation beyond reputeCalTran has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to CalTran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicsean View Post
Wow, you can really see the backboard tape in the background. lol
Clearly a picture taken with flash <- Sunglasses in this case

Team 2410 thinks KISSing is amazing! Keep It Super Safe!

Theory is when you know everything but nothing works. Practice is when everything works but you don't know why. On our team, theory and practice comes together. Nothing works and nobody knows why.
  #69   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-20-2012, 09:52 PM
Systems Integration Member
FRC #1983 (Skunkworks Robotics)
Team Role: Leadership

Zoughtbaj is on a distinguished road

Granted, completely biased answers, but Blair is the absolute best MC. I love getting his entheusiasm here in the Northwest, and the Motorcycle enterance at Oregon this year was truly epic.

Again, baised, but...Aurgh, I can't remember his full name...last name Lamb, always does Portland and Seattle. Can anyone remember? He does all of our play by plays, and he has the best announcer's voice ever!

"The Few. The Proud. The Skunks."
  #70   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-21-2012, 10:40 AM
Alternate Contact
FRC #0225 (TechFire)

Rookie Year: 2005
Ben Martin has a reputation beyond reputeBen Martin has a reputation beyond reputeBen Martin has a reputation beyond reputeBen Martin has a reputation beyond reputeBen Martin has a reputation beyond reputeBen Martin has a reputation beyond reputeBen Martin has a reputation beyond reputeBen Martin has a reputation beyond reputeBen Martin has a reputation beyond reputeBen Martin has a reputation beyond reputeBen Martin has a reputation beyond repute

Here are a few ex-student MC's who I thought did a very good job at BMR over the past few years:
-Ryan Dognaux
-Collin Fultz
-Matt Fultz

I also think that Samir Shaikh has done a fantastic job at CAGE Match for the past two years.

That being said, I have to agree with others that from all the competitions I have attended, Dave Verbrugge was the best MC.
2012-Present: Engineer and Coach, TechFire 225 -- Website -- Facebook
2013: Springside-Chestnut Hill Winner (w/341 & 1495), Midknight Mayhem Winner (w/316, 369, & 869), Battle O' Baltimore Winner (w/1640, 2914 & 339), Duel on the Delaware Finalist (w/816 & 369), Ramp Riot Winner (w/341, 304, & 4637)
2014: Springside-Chestnut Hill Winner (w/316 & 1495), Greater DC Winner (w/1731 & 4464), Midknight Mayhem Winner (w/25, 1626 & 329)

Purdue Industrial Engineering Class of '12
  #71   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-21-2012, 10:44 AM
Dancing through life...
FRC #0488 (Xbot)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1999
Madison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Madison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoughtbaj View Post
Granted, completely biased answers, but Blair is the absolute best MC. I love getting his entheusiasm here in the Northwest, and the Motorcycle enterance at Oregon this year was truly epic.

Again, baised, but...Aurgh, I can't remember his full name...last name Lamb, always does Portland and Seattle. Can anyone remember? He does all of our play by plays, and he has the best announcer's voice ever!
Emerson

...down at the Ozdust!

Like a grand and miraculous spaceship, our planet has sailed through the universe of time. And for a brief moment, we have been among its many passengers.
  #72   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-31-2012, 06:48 PM
I do stuff.
AKA: Phil Lopreiato
FRC #1124 (The ÜberBots), FRC #1418 (Vae Victus)

plnyyanks has a reputation beyond reputeplnyyanks has a reputation beyond reputeplnyyanks has a reputation beyond reputeplnyyanks has a reputation beyond reputeplnyyanks has a reputation beyond reputeplnyyanks has a reputation beyond reputeplnyyanks has a reputation beyond reputeplnyyanks has a reputation beyond reputeplnyyanks has a reputation beyond reputeplnyyanks has a reputation beyond reputeplnyyanks has a reputation beyond repute

I just want to say, that after going to CTR this year, that Angry Eric is an awesome emcee. He really did a great job, and made the whole weekend fun to watch. Plus, he liked our capes....
  #73   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-31-2012, 08:52 PM
Work it harder, make it better.
AKA: SuperNerd256
FRC #1323 (Madtown Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2011
Andrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Andrew Lawrence

I think newcomer MC Mahoney (Kevin Mahoney, from Silicon Valley Regional) is getting pretty good. His knowledge of the teams helps make the matches interesting.

Plus, it's nice he's a 256 alum.

"The greats weren't great because at birth they could paint, the greats were great because they paint a lot" -Macklemore
  #74   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-31-2012, 08:56 PM
AKA: Larry Bolan
no team

Rookie Year: 2008
ratdude747 has a brilliant futureratdude747 has a brilliant futureratdude747 has a brilliant futureratdude747 has a brilliant futureratdude747 has a brilliant futureratdude747 has a brilliant futureratdude747 has a brilliant futureratdude747 has a brilliant futureratdude747 has a brilliant futureratdude747 has a brilliant futureratdude747 has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to ratdude747

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMartin 234 View Post
Here are a few ex-student MC's who I thought did a very good job at BMR over the past few years:
-Ryan Dognaux
-Collin Fultz
-Matt Fultz

I also think that Samir Shaikh has done a fantastic job at CAGE Match for the past two years.

That being said, I have to agree with others that from all the competitions I have attended, Dave Verbrugge was the best MC.
Agreed... BMR has been blessed with good MCs.

Dean's List Semi-finalist 2010
1747 Harrison Boiler Robotics 2008-2010
2783 Engineers of Tomorrow 2011
How to wire CAN bus on a budget
  #75   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-11-2012, 08:16 AM
Ask not what your team can do 4u...
AKA: The American living in Australia
FRC #3132 (Thunder Down Under), FRC #2342 (Team Phoenix)

Rookie Year: 2004
Phoenix Spud has a brilliant futurePhoenix Spud has a brilliant futurePhoenix Spud has a brilliant futurePhoenix Spud has a brilliant futurePhoenix Spud has a brilliant futurePhoenix Spud has a brilliant futurePhoenix Spud has a brilliant futurePhoenix Spud has a brilliant futurePhoenix Spud has a brilliant futurePhoenix Spud has a brilliant futurePhoenix Spud has a brilliant future

Dave Price. He's been doing it ever since I can remember in NH, (10+ years) and is incredibly good. He does FLL/FTC/FRC throughout NH (and I think Mass now as well...) and has a way of making every student feel valued and the star of the show. We were really lucky to have him come down to MC the Duel Down Under this year.

FIRST® TEAM 3132
Thunder Down Under
Sydney, Australia

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: