Go to Post For those of you who don't want to read a block of text: Respect the Tools. - Andrew Schreiber [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Thanks and/or Congrats
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #76   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-01-2012, 04:55 PM
FRC 1882, VEX FVC 2021, Now FLL/Jr.
AKA: Rich Morgan
FLL #1882 (Electro Llamas)
Team Role: Teacher

Rookie Year: 2005
capnrmorgan is a splendid one to beholdcapnrmorgan is a splendid one to beholdcapnrmorgan is a splendid one to beholdcapnrmorgan is a splendid one to beholdcapnrmorgan is a splendid one to beholdcapnrmorgan is a splendid one to beholdcapnrmorgan is a splendid one to behold
Re: CONGRATULATIONS 16, 25, and 180!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby K View Post
Congratulations 180, 25, and 16. You guys performed really well.

25 is the only reason 'my rookie' 1923 survived back in their early days. We will always appreciate their support.

Mama Novak from 16 has always been a mentor to me- seeing her excited and happy to the point of tears, absolutely made my day.

I applaud your alliance -and all the Einstein alliances, for being as professional as you were during the semis and finals. Please, please don't let anyone drag your win through the mud. You guys are awesome.
What Libby K said - they helped start FRC 1882 Team Rebel Robotics and the reason I am still a FIRST coach now for the Girl Scouts of the Jersey Shore. They will give the "Shirts of their Backs!" I am a proud wearer of one of their original Hawaiian shirts! Thanks for the inspiration and continued support over the years. I know you guys are the go to team when I try to expand up to the FRC level again! Congratulations !

2008 FLL Bio-hazard Teamwork Award Rowan Qualifier, DE FIRST State Participant
FRC 1882 Rebel Robotics 2006 and 2007 NASA Growth Grant Recipients
2007 4th place VEX Competition Quarterfinalist FVC-2021 DE Regional
2006 3rd place VEX Competition FVC-21 Semifinalist DE Regional
2005 National Championship Atlanta VEX-21 Think Award Nominee
2005 Montclair Mayhem 2nd place seed (Quarter finalists)
2005 Winners of Duel on the Delaware Thanks 75 and 222
2005 Rising Star Award (Tiki) Brunswick Eruption (12th place and Quarter finalists)
  #77   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-01-2012, 05:52 PM
Wayne C.'s Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
hey- I think we did pretty good?
FRC #0025 (Raider Robotix)

Rookie Year: 1997
Wayne C. has a reputation beyond reputeWayne C. has a reputation beyond reputeWayne C. has a reputation beyond reputeWayne C. has a reputation beyond reputeWayne C. has a reputation beyond reputeWayne C. has a reputation beyond reputeWayne C. has a reputation beyond reputeWayne C. has a reputation beyond reputeWayne C. has a reputation beyond reputeWayne C. has a reputation beyond reputeWayne C. has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all for the wonderful sentiments. I feel that getting allied with SPAM and Bomb Squad was serendipity and we were blessed.

This was a really rough year for us. We had a lack of everything- money, materials, tools- time. You name it. Fortunately Cybersonics was there to help us along and together our two teams built our machines side by side.

At our initial event in Orlando we simply weren't ready. Got our butts kicked. But the team rallied and we used every minute of our Bag and Tag time to fix the problems and improve. After learning from SPAM's flashlight of death we decided on a beacon of our own to line up and it made all the difference.

To end up as partners with SPAM for the Championship and also link up with our perennial pit neighbors BBS was great. We have highest regard for both teams and hope to play together again down the road.

And I will be forever indebted to these teams for helping us earn the Galileo banner. Getting that one was a goal we have had for a very long time. Now I can retire.

While I am on here I also want to give a shout-out to 341 Miss Daisy for being our partners at the MAR Championship. We really expected to be seeing them in the final 4 last weekend- their machine is truly spectacular.

Eventually all this controversy about comms, storms and robots will be sorted out by FIRST and next year the games should be better. Heck- with the end of the world happening outside the arena during the finals, for a time there I thought we weren't leaving that place in one piece.

And like Woodie told us in his talk, all the bad stuff we anguished over will be replaced by the memories of the achievements and good time we had this year. My team is graduating yet another class of great kids who will go into the world capable and focused. And after a decade and a half of FIRST robotics those memories are as treasured as any trophies.

WC

Raider Robotix- www.raiderrobotix.org
  #78   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-01-2012, 06:02 PM
FRC #1718 (The Fighting Pi)
Team Role: Photography

Rookie Year: 2012
zekeF has a spectacular aura aboutzekeF has a spectacular aura about

congratulations 16,25,and 180 you guys really did deserve the win and i really enjoyed being on one of the only alliances that got to play a third and very exciting match against you guys. also thanks 180 for lending 1918 a hand when their robot was having some issues
  #79   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-01-2012, 06:07 PM
St. Louis Or Bust
AKA: Aaron Gordon
FRC #0781 (Kinetic Knights)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2008
Yipyapper has a reputation beyond reputeYipyapper has a reputation beyond reputeYipyapper has a reputation beyond reputeYipyapper has a reputation beyond reputeYipyapper has a reputation beyond reputeYipyapper has a reputation beyond reputeYipyapper has a reputation beyond reputeYipyapper has a reputation beyond reputeYipyapper has a reputation beyond reputeYipyapper has a reputation beyond reputeYipyapper has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, I just realized that this is only Bomb Squad's first championship! For whatever reason, I thought they already did!

Programmer/Driver for Team 781 -- The Kinetic Knights 2010-2014. 2011 World Finalists!
  #80   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-01-2012, 07:01 PM
FRC #0025
Team Role: Coach

nuggetsyl has a reputation beyond reputenuggetsyl has a reputation beyond reputenuggetsyl has a reputation beyond reputenuggetsyl has a reputation beyond reputenuggetsyl has a reputation beyond reputenuggetsyl has a reputation beyond reputenuggetsyl has a reputation beyond reputenuggetsyl has a reputation beyond reputenuggetsyl has a reputation beyond reputenuggetsyl has a reputation beyond reputenuggetsyl has a reputation beyond repute

It's now a few days later and I can finally see straight again, what a season this turned out to be.

180- Thank you, not only for picking us first round at champs but you were the reason why we placed a light on our robot for aiming at the goal. Because of the light we went from a 40% shooter from the key, to 85%. Sometimes the simplest ideas work the best.

16- Wow what a steal for a second round pick. Without a question your the reason why our alliance won. You made 2 above average shooters look like super studs. We had so many balls on our side of the field all we had to do is drive back 5 feet and we would be fully loaded, ready to shoot again.

Bryce and Brandon- It has been a long long time since I had an alliance where all 3 coaches were completely on the same page. When mistakes were made, we fixed them. We had game plans ready for dead robots, which happened to us. It all just worked. I can't wait for the day to be behind the glass with you 2 again.

103- We can't thank you enough for everything you did for our team. I hope I can return the favor one day.
00,03,06,07,08,10,12 NJ / MAR winner
11 VCU winner
06,10 Las Vegas winner
12 MAR Mt Olive
red is for team 348
  #81   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-02-2012, 10:27 PM
FRC #0016 (Bomb Squad)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2002
Meredith Novak has a reputation beyond reputeMeredith Novak has a reputation beyond reputeMeredith Novak has a reputation beyond reputeMeredith Novak has a reputation beyond reputeMeredith Novak has a reputation beyond reputeMeredith Novak has a reputation beyond reputeMeredith Novak has a reputation beyond reputeMeredith Novak has a reputation beyond reputeMeredith Novak has a reputation beyond reputeMeredith Novak has a reputation beyond reputeMeredith Novak has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you all for the kind words. Thank you to 180 and 25 for picking us. We had great hopes coming into St. Louis after a very successful regional season, but were plagued by gremlins and odd failures to the point of discouragement.

Though we never really got to show off the improvements we had made for the Championship, our drive train suffered none at all from the abuse it took and our drive team lived up to their reputation under pressure.

The combined 48 years of team experience on our alliance proved invaluable. I have stayed out of any discussion regarding all the issues on Einstein, but have total faith that our alliance could have come out on top regardless. For all the nastiness on the field and since (some of it very painful), absolutely none of it has come from the 12 teams who were actually affected by the situation and I take great comfort from the wonderful attitude of all our worthy opponents.

FIRST Hall of Fame
Kicking the Tires and Lighting the Fires since 1996
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: