OCCRA
Go to Post This just goes to prove there was life before FIRST (but it wasn't as much fun!) - Ken Loyd [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > ChiefDelphi.com Website > Extra Discussion
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-09-2003, 12:13 AM
FRC #0047 (Chief Delphi)

CD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond repute
pic: Cyber Blue 234's flailer

#2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-09-2003, 12:16 AM
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2000
Clark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond repute
Very Cool!

David, this robot is AWESOME!

If we can keep our robot from dieing we would be great partners, you knock em over and we sweep em over.

After talking to you Friday night when I was in St. Louis I had a feeling it would all work out. Hopefully you guys can make it to Chicago (PLEASE?!?!?!?!?!?! ). There wasnt anything close to this in St. Louis and I'm looking really forward to seeing it in action.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-09-2003, 09:00 AM
Lead Mentor, Robot Inspector
FRC #0980 (ThunderBots)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2003
David Brinza has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Brinza has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Brinza has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Brinza has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Brinza has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Brinza has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Brinza has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Brinza has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Brinza has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Brinza has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Brinza has a reputation beyond repute
Very slick!

I was able to watch the webcast of the last qualification round match for Team 234 in the VCU regional. It looked like their arm made contact with the wall of bins within about 2 seconds from the start of autonomous mode. It took maybe another 5 - 6 seconds to finish pushing the wall down.

These times are comparable to those of our telecoping arm. With our 13 foot reach, we can hit the bins on the far side of the ramp. We've posted a picture of our robot using the arm in its stowed position:

http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/sh...threadid=18560

In the next day or two, we plan to post a movie showing an early test of the arm in autonomous mode at our team website:

http://www.team980.com/

I see that Team 234 will be at the AZ Regional - maybe there'll be an "arm wrestling" match between our robots!!
2004 AZ: Semifinals, GM Industrial Design; SoCal: Winners, Leadership in Controls; Championship: Galileo #2 seed, Q-finals; IRI: Champions
2005 AZ: #1 Seed, Xerox Creativity; SoCal: Finalist, RadioShack Controls; SVR: Winners, Delphi "Driving Tomorrow's Technologies"; Championship: Archimedes Semifinals; IRI: Finalist
2007 LA: Finalist; San Diego: Q-finals; CalGames: Finalist || 2008 San Diego: Q-finals; LA: Winners; CalGames: Finalist
2009 LA: Semifinals; Las Vegas: Q-finals; IRI: #1 Seed, Finalist || 2010 AZ: Motorola Quality; LA: Finalist
2011 SD: Q-finals; LA: Q-finals || 2013 LA: Xerox Creativity, WFFA, Dean's List Finalist || 2014 IE: Q-finals, LA: Finalist
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-09-2003, 10:41 AM
Reject False Icons
no team

Rookie Year: 2001
Joe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond repute
An arm wrestling match, much like Sparky 3 vs. MOEhawk at VCU last year?

Anyway, I'm gald you guys got it to work now. It was great to see it along with 343 and 616 nock down all the bins.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-09-2003, 10:44 AM
Ithaca is Gorges
AKA: John Wayne
FRC #0639 (Code Red Robotics)

Yan Wang has much to be proud ofYan Wang has much to be proud ofYan Wang has much to be proud ofYan Wang has much to be proud ofYan Wang has much to be proud ofYan Wang has much to be proud ofYan Wang has much to be proud ofYan Wang has much to be proud ofYan Wang has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Yan Wang Send a message via AIM to Yan Wang Send a message via MSN to Yan Wang Send a message via Yahoo to Yan Wang
I saw the robot in action and I was amazed. Very nice.

One question: Did any lowrider bots just drive backwards in auto and ram you?
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-09-2003, 10:48 AM
A Fire Outside
AKA: Brandon Joerges
#0470 (Alpha Omega)

Gadget470 is a jewel in the roughGadget470 is a jewel in the roughGadget470 is a jewel in the roughGadget470 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to Gadget470 Send a message via AIM to Gadget470
Their Start->Wall was about 4 seconds. I remember one team contacted the wall at the same time their arm did. Their arm was overpowered by the bot and the wall fell against them. (I can't remember positively but I think that it was 343, Metal in Motion)

It's a neat idea, and I'm glad it didn't get broken (which I kind of expected to happen )

Ompha1oskepsis 118448018 bjoerges@gmail.com
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-09-2003, 11:46 AM
no team (AndyMark, Inc.)
Team Role: Engineer

Brant Bowen has a brilliant futureBrant Bowen has a brilliant futureBrant Bowen has a brilliant futureBrant Bowen has a brilliant futureBrant Bowen has a brilliant futureBrant Bowen has a brilliant futureBrant Bowen has a brilliant futureBrant Bowen has a brilliant futureBrant Bowen has a brilliant futureBrant Bowen has a brilliant futureBrant Bowen has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Brant Bowen Send a message via Skype™ to Brant Bowen
Our arm was doing great until that final match against Metal in Motion, they went pretty speedy up the ramp came through the wall and collided with our arm. I think for a mintue the arm was stuck on the sail but we broke free with little damage to the arm.

That same match their partner lined up in posistion to ram us, but i don't think the autonomous program worked.

Anyways we are working fine and will be ready to go in Phoenix next weekend.
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-09-2003, 12:17 PM
#Don'tBooTheRefs
FRC #4329 (Lutheran Roboteers)
Team Role: Coach

Ryan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ryan Dognaux
Quote:
Originally posted by Gadget470
Their Start->Wall was about 4 seconds. I remember one team contacted the wall at the same time their arm did. Their arm was overpowered by the bot and the wall fell against them. (I can't remember positively but I think that it was 343, Metal in Motion)

It's a neat idea, and I'm glad it didn't get broken (which I kind of expected to happen )
Yes it was indeed 343, and I believe we hit the stacks at nearly the exact same moment... from where I was that's what I saw anyways. 343's sail took 3 or so stacks and we took 2 I believe... an excellent match up

And nope, we aren't broken We're ready to go at pheonix!!! woo!
Team 4329 Mentor: Current
STL Off-Season Event: www.gatewayroboticschallenge.com
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-09-2003, 12:50 PM
A Legacy of Impact
FRC #0234 (Cyber Blue)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 1999
David Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to David Kelly Send a message via Yahoo to David Kelly
Video of this match against 343 can be viewed on our website here: http://www.cyberblue234.com/downloads.html This match is Video 1 at that link.

2010 Boilermaker Regional

Chairman's Award, Regional Finalist
2010 Kansas City Regional
Entrepreneurship Award

2010 Championships
Autodesk Inventor Award Winner
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-09-2003, 03:55 PM
Echo 7
no team

LoganB is on a distinguished road
I have to say great bot 234 remember us 435 well I hope we see you guys again at nationals also best of luck to ya at AZ
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-09-2003, 04:39 PM
Mark Ivey
AKA: Mark
no team

Mr. Ivey is a glorious beacon of lightMr. Ivey is a glorious beacon of lightMr. Ivey is a glorious beacon of lightMr. Ivey is a glorious beacon of lightMr. Ivey is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Ivey
I have to say that Cyber Blue 234's flailer was quite impressive at the VCU Regional. When I first saw it I was nervous for my teams bot Sparky, But unfortunately never got to see the two compete. That bot is a mean machine, the only problem that could ever arrive with it is if another team were to go up the ramp the same time the arm was swinning around, and Cyber Blue would get knocked over. But this robot is a very good piece of enginering and design.
~Mr. Ivey
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-09-2003, 05:21 PM
#Don'tBooTheRefs

Ryan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond repute
Unfortunately we will not be at nationals, but we will be at Arizona and the Midwest Regional, so look for us there!

and thanks Mr. Ivey! I must say that Sparkey is an excellent robot too, too bad we didn't get paired together during any matches... that would have been great Good luck in your other competitions this year!
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-22-2003, 08:38 PM
#Don'tBooTheRefs

Edit to previous message: We will be at nationals now, and not the Midwest Regional.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: