OCCRA
Go to Post Robot teams will expand to fill the available space. - topgun [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Thanks and/or Congrats
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #46   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-14-2003, 08:07 AM
Andy Baker's Avatar Woodie Flowers Award
President, AndyMark, Inc.
FRC #3940 (CyberTooth)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1998
Andy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Andy Baker
Thank you all

Thank you all.

I am still in shock.

A big, long thank you note will be written shortly.

Andy B.
  #47   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-14-2003, 09:51 AM
{Error Processing Custom Title}
AKA: oneangrydwarf/jtosh
no team (old school gangsta)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2000
Josh Hambright has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Hambright has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Hambright has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Hambright has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Hambright has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Hambright has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Hambright has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Hambright has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Hambright has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Hambright has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Hambright has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Josh Hambright
Andy your my hero!!!!

Keep on rocking and rolling and what not!!!!!

I <3 Andy. Dont make me start my team mates cheering again.

I need to scan your autograph i got
Co-Founder IndianaFIRST

Share your FIRST photos on Flickr!
  #48   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-14-2003, 10:02 AM
Raul's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
Somewhat Useful Person
no team (Formerly - Wildstang)

Rookie Year: 1996
Raul has a reputation beyond reputeRaul has a reputation beyond reputeRaul has a reputation beyond reputeRaul has a reputation beyond reputeRaul has a reputation beyond reputeRaul has a reputation beyond reputeRaul has a reputation beyond reputeRaul has a reputation beyond reputeRaul has a reputation beyond reputeRaul has a reputation beyond reputeRaul has a reputation beyond repute
Congratulations Andy!

Ever since our first alliance in 1999, I have been very impressed with the way you represent the ideals of FIRST. It would be hard for me to list all the great things that you have done that I have witnessed. DJ obviously did a great job of this and I'm sure he has witnessed many more. It would be great to see the submission posted in the white paper section so everyone can appreciate all that you have done, not just for your team, but for the FIRST community.

Hope to see you again soon.
  #49   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-14-2003, 10:02 AM
Woodie Flowers Award
#0027 (Team RUSH)
Team Role: Leadership

Rookie Year: 1997
Kyle Hughes is just really niceKyle Hughes is just really niceKyle Hughes is just really niceKyle Hughes is just really nice
Talking You're fantastic!

Andy -

Live it up! Winning this award is a once in a lifetime experience. I remembered feeling like an instant hero in one day. A celebrity in the lives of mathematics, science and technology! It is toooooo cooooool!

Absorb every minute. Write down your thoughts - keep them for a "rainy day", for this is truly the greatest experience and you need to remember it forever!

Andy, I am so proud of you!

Kyle
  #50   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-14-2003, 10:12 AM
Should be teaching right now
FRC #0085 (B.O.B. (Built On Brains))
Team Role: Mentor

Steve Yasick is a splendid one to beholdSteve Yasick is a splendid one to beholdSteve Yasick is a splendid one to beholdSteve Yasick is a splendid one to beholdSteve Yasick is a splendid one to beholdSteve Yasick is a splendid one to behold
Andy,

Congratulations! I can't think of a more deserving person. I am proud to know you.

Steve Yasick
Team 85
  #51   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-14-2003, 11:55 AM
Reject False Icons
no team

Rookie Year: 2001
Joe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats to Andy B for winning and DJ for putting it all together!

WOW!
  #52   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-14-2003, 12:12 PM
Software guy
FRC #0111 (Wildstang)

Mike Soukup has a reputation beyond reputeMike Soukup has a reputation beyond reputeMike Soukup has a reputation beyond reputeMike Soukup has a reputation beyond reputeMike Soukup has a reputation beyond reputeMike Soukup has a reputation beyond reputeMike Soukup has a reputation beyond reputeMike Soukup has a reputation beyond reputeMike Soukup has a reputation beyond reputeMike Soukup has a reputation beyond reputeMike Soukup has a reputation beyond repute
Let me join in the long list of people congratulating you Andy. This thread alone should be a sign that you are more than deserving of the award. You have touched and inspired so many people, including me. I look at your team as an example and a model for all FIRST teams. I constantly wonder why we can't be more like the Technokats. You are the reason team 45 and many of the other Indiana teams are so successful. I strive to be as good a mentor as you are. See you soon, and don't be surprised if I call or email you for advice this summer.

As a few others have said, this means you can never quit FIRST
  #53   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-14-2003, 12:41 PM
#0047 (Chief Delphi)
Team Role: Student

Christina47 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Christina47
congrats andy. deserved it. =)
  #54   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-14-2003, 12:54 PM
Mentor, coach, whatever--
FRC #0233 ("The Pink Team")

Kit Gerhart has a reputation beyond reputeKit Gerhart has a reputation beyond reputeKit Gerhart has a reputation beyond reputeKit Gerhart has a reputation beyond reputeKit Gerhart has a reputation beyond reputeKit Gerhart has a reputation beyond reputeKit Gerhart has a reputation beyond reputeKit Gerhart has a reputation beyond reputeKit Gerhart has a reputation beyond reputeKit Gerhart has a reputation beyond reputeKit Gerhart has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kit Gerhart
I had the chance to congratulate Andy when his winning of the Woodie Flowers award was announced, but want to congratulate him here as well. Andy has done so much to make TechnoKats what the team is today. He joined the team in 1998. and those who were around at the time know that the previous few years were not good ones for our team. Andy's various skills, including engineering, game strategy, and coaching helped us win the Championship in '98. There were others, to be sure, including Mark Coors who designed the arm on the machine, and Tim Railey, the team's lead teacher since 1992. Also we had an awesome driver and equally awesome button pusher, and many other people too numerous to mention who contributed to our success in '98. Still, Andy was one of the most important people in our competition success in '98 and subsequent years, and Andy may well have done more to "bring the team together" than any other person after some not-so-good years for our team.

Since then, Andy has turned TechnoKats in a team known throughout the FIRST community for helping other teams. He publishes our designs, gives away spare parts to other teams who need them, and helps new teams get started, and not just those near Kokomo, Indiana. Also, on a number of occasions he has been seen in other teams' pits helping them fix their robots when they need and want help. Andy is responsible for Kokomo's remote kickoff, and the list of his contributions to the FIRST community goes on.

Andy, you deserved it, and DJ Fluck deserves lots of credit for presenting Andy's case well enough to win out over all those other good candidates whose cases were presented in that pile of letters the judges had to go through.

Last edited by Kit Gerhart : 04-14-2003 at 01:34 PM.
  #55   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-14-2003, 01:06 PM
Ellery's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
Working on my 10 month old robot...
AKA: Ellery
no team (X-CATS - on Sabbatical)
Team Role: Leadership

Rookie Year: 1999
Ellery has a reputation beyond reputeEllery has a reputation beyond reputeEllery has a reputation beyond reputeEllery has a reputation beyond reputeEllery has a reputation beyond reputeEllery has a reputation beyond reputeEllery has a reputation beyond reputeEllery has a reputation beyond reputeEllery has a reputation beyond reputeEllery has a reputation beyond reputeEllery has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ellery Send a message via Yahoo to Ellery
All you!

Andy,

On behalf of the Xerox FIRST community and the Rochester FIRST Coalition I'd like to Congratualte you on your Woodie Flower's Award. You have definitley been a major contributor to the FIRST community for all these years and a great guy in general.

Ellery Wong

191 X-CATS
  #56   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-14-2003, 01:19 PM
Paul Copioli's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero Woodie Flowers Award
#BuildBlitz #TeamCopioli
no team (TeamCopioli)

Rookie Year: 2000
Paul Copioli has a reputation beyond reputePaul Copioli has a reputation beyond reputePaul Copioli has a reputation beyond reputePaul Copioli has a reputation beyond reputePaul Copioli has a reputation beyond reputePaul Copioli has a reputation beyond reputePaul Copioli has a reputation beyond reputePaul Copioli has a reputation beyond reputePaul Copioli has a reputation beyond reputePaul Copioli has a reputation beyond reputePaul Copioli has a reputation beyond repute
My Friend, My Inspiration!

Andy,

As I said on Saturday, I will say it now: There is no one more deserving of this award than you. You are what this world needs: a hero kids of all ages and backgrounds can look up to.

I am a better person today than before I met you, because of how you touched my life. I thank-you and a great big congratulations.

Your Friend,

Paul

P.S. - Did anyone else notice Andy wearing the Thunderchicken hat as he went up for the award?
  #57   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-14-2003, 01:47 PM
D.J. Fluck

Re: My Friend, My Inspiration!

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Copioli
P.S. - Did anyone else notice Andy wearing the Thunderchicken hat as he went up for the award?
Ha! I saw it and I was wearing mine too...thanks for the hats Paul!
  #58   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-14-2003, 01:50 PM
Door Opener Mint Mentor
AKA: Cheryl Miller
#0294 (Beach Cities Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2003
Redhead Jokes is a glorious beacon of lightRedhead Jokes is a glorious beacon of lightRedhead Jokes is a glorious beacon of lightRedhead Jokes is a glorious beacon of lightRedhead Jokes is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally posted by Raul
It would be hard for me to list all the great things that you have done that I have witnessed. DJ obviously did a great job of this and I'm sure he has witnessed many more. It would be great to see the submission posted in the white paper section so everyone can appreciate all that you have done, not just for your team, but for the FIRST community.
Posters...altho I'm familiar with Andy on this site, I'd like to hear from you a little description of what's he's done that touched your life,

and I hope that white paper is posted.
motto: Two Rival Schools, One Team...ride the Tide.
2004 So Cal Chairman's Award, Phoenix Regional DaimlerChrysler Team Spirit Award
2003 So Cal Regional Finalist and Sportsmanship Award, Phoenix Regional Engineering Inspiration Award
2001 So Cal Regional and National Champions, Regional Image Award
Gracious Professionalism Poster
Mint: To invent; to forge; to fabricate; to fashion. Mentor: a wise and trusted guide and advisor.
  #59   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-14-2003, 01:54 PM
Half the JVN,All theTaste
no team
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 1998
Pamela has a spectacular aura aboutPamela has a spectacular aura aboutPamela has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pamela
Andy-

I would just like to say congratulations on winning, I cannot think of one person in FIRST that deserves this over you. You are an insperation and role model to all those on Chief Delphi, you have helped to shape the FIRST community into the caring, helpful, friendly group it is today. I hope you have many more years to come in this program because you truly are a legend and an incredible person. Keep up the good work!
  #60   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-14-2003, 01:57 PM
SoCal Pride!!!!!!!!!!
#0330 (Beach Bot V 4.0)

Sean_330 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Sean_330
Andy, congrats on your award! You deserve it more than anyone!
2002/2003 Head Referee, SCRRF
2003 Referee, SV Regional
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: