OCCRA
Go to Post *gasp* Robotics? bad for your health? I refuse to accept that as an answer. - Kiwi_queen [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #46   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-17-2003, 07:20 PM
#0151 (Wildcards)

Sean is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Sean
I asked for you opinion of the changes I proposed Not for a 40 post discussion of what GP means. The main focus prupose of the thread has been perverted and I have been verbaly made fun of by old women and some people who cant formulate ideas with facts to back them up. I want this thread deleted because where it has gone is petty bickering over vocab. Alsmot as if wer were arguing over religion. The forums are not the time or the place. If you want to openly ARGUE vocab then PM me i dont want to resort to that here. Until the last few post I have stayed calm consice and I have backed up all my thoughts with valid reasons. I have nothing to be ashamed of.
  #47   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-17-2003, 07:26 PM
McWebmaster du Pi
None #0891 (Neverending Chaos...)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2002
Aaron Knight has a spectacular aura aboutAaron Knight has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Aaron Knight
You may have nothing to be ashamed of, but neither do we who've argued against your points.

Like I said, we gave you our opinions. They just weren't what you wanted to hear....

Aaron Knight
Webmaster and Videographer
Team 891: Neverending Chaos...
Your Lucky Number: 3.141592653589793238964...
Syracuse, NY
email: acknight@syr.edu
aim: akacomputerboy, farktal891
http://www.neverendingchaos.com
DOX, The Un-official FIRST Frat
  #48   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-17-2003, 07:34 PM
#0151 (Wildcards)

You didnt use valid points are and facts to "argue against my posts' all you said was "GP" GP does not mean that the robots cant have a 24 volt system or better motors in the kit or a more developed ruleset that takes all manufacturer specs into account. All i said in regards to battlebots was that FIRST can learn from the limit comercial sucsess of battlebots and Apply some of what they did to make FIRST better. IE dont DQ a team because they nudge a robot and it falls over (ask 121) FIRST + Experience from more comercial robot competitions = Uber allpowerful mighty education GP great loved program.
My original posts were just thoughts I had on improving the FIRST program.
  #49   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-17-2003, 07:37 PM
back to school ;-)
FRC #0696 (Circuit Breakers)
Team Role: Teacher

Rookie Year: 2002
sanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond repute
ADMIN: Please Close

Let's put an end to the malitious amaturism displayed by all members in this thread and have an admin close it or remove it.
Student Mechanical Leader and Driver, Team 696 Circuit Breakers, 2002-2004

Support Team 696 on DonorsChoose!

Last edited by sanddrag : 04-17-2003 at 07:49 PM.
  #50   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-17-2003, 07:39 PM
#0151 (Wildcards)

Thank you
  #51   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-17-2003, 08:05 PM
Ken Leung's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
Dare to Live!
FRC #0115 (Monta Vista Robotics Team)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 1999
Ken Leung has a reputation beyond reputeKen Leung has a reputation beyond reputeKen Leung has a reputation beyond reputeKen Leung has a reputation beyond reputeKen Leung has a reputation beyond reputeKen Leung has a reputation beyond reputeKen Leung has a reputation beyond reputeKen Leung has a reputation beyond reputeKen Leung has a reputation beyond reputeKen Leung has a reputation beyond reputeKen Leung has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ken Leung
Obviously neither of the sides are going to change the other's side's mind. So, if you please just agree to disagree, and continue the conversation else where.

There is no room in this board for bashing of each other, and calling people names, which by the way, was very uncalled for.

If you don't wish understand other's views, that is fine as long as you don't go all out and tell them they are wrong and that they have to believe something else.

Let us know your opinion, back it up with reasons and evidence, then let the other side do the same thing, then take your time to read all the threads, spend time understanding the other's point of view, and have a meaningful discussion instead of all these yelling at each other. That is, afterall, the reason why we come to these board, no?

I don't believe this thread should be deleted neither, because a lot of post have been well thought, and demonstrate a lot of good arguments. If you fail to see that, just don't visit this thread again. Mean while, others are going to come back in here, and learn a little about themselves and others as well.

This thread can be turned into a very interesting discussion, if you want it to. But obviously that's not what you want, so rather than making all these argument worst, I am just going to say again, "Agree to disagree", and you can yell at each other by e-mail.

1999-2001: Team 192 Gunn Robotics Team
2001-2002: Team 100, 192, 258, 419
2002-2004: Western Region Robotics Forum, Score Keeper @ Sac, Az, SVR, SC, CE, IRI, CalGames
2003-2004, 2006-2007: California Robot Games Manager
2008: MC in training @ Sac, CalGames
2009: Master of Ceremony @ Sac, CalGames
2010: GA in training @ SVR, Sac.
2010-2011: Mechanical Mentor, Team 115 MVRT
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: