OCCRA
Go to Post I gave up football and a chance to be ignorant the remainder of my hs career....so ive gained more than loss - TheNotoriousKid [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Other > Chit-Chat
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#16   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-18-2004, 02:22 PM
Amanda Morrison's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
the stars at night are big & bright
FRC #0148 (Robowranglers)
Team Role: Marketing

Rookie Year: 2002
Amanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond repute
Re: If the world was like Chief Delphi...

Moderators wouldn't be able to walk down the street without the following happening:

"Do you know where Brandon is?"
"Can you fix this for me?"
"Hey, that's not fair. Why did you do that?"
"*grumble grumble I hate (insert moderator's name) grumble grumble*"
"I don't like what you're saying, you stink, and here's why..."
"Amanda, break this fight up!"

- forty people would be speaking at once, with horrible grammar, and we'd have to read every word of it and try to make some sense of it.
- there would be a lot of finger pointing, name calling, and accusations.
- there would be a lot of bickering over stupid things.

From a moderator's point of view, especially through some of the stickier and sketchier moments of the 2004 season on ChiefDelphi: Present yourself as you would if the great Dr. Flowers was standing over your shoulder - would you say some of the things you say to each other on these boards? Would you challenge, backtalk, and pester someone who didn't agree with you?

I hope this helps some of you realize what kind of behavior you (or your teammates) display, whether you think you represent your team or not! No disclaimer on earth lets you disassociate yourself with your team or what you represent because you want to say something not particularly nice, but lets you be associated again when you want to say something to encourage others, etc. By being on your team, you are just that - on a team of people. Every person represents a team... You do, too.
  #17   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-18-2004, 02:45 PM
Gone the way of the dinosaur
AKA: "Big Mike"
no team

Rookie Year: 1999
Mike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mike Schroeder Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Schroeder
Re: If the world was like Chief Delphi...

If the world was like chief delphi,

Then i would have to be around Brandon All the time just so he doesnt feel so tall
Hawiian Shirts would be "in"
instead of flags we would all wave Trinagles Circles and Squares outside our houses
and
there would'nt be states or countries just team numbers
we would elect leaders based on their tranny designs

"We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard"-JFK

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: