OCCRA
Go to Post Everyone better enjoy the broadcast, Dave had to cancel a shuttle launch to make it happen :D - The Lucas [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Technical Discussion
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-11-2004, 02:23 PM
Bankai!
FRC #0111 (WildStang)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2001
Brian Lesser is a splendid one to beholdBrian Lesser is a splendid one to beholdBrian Lesser is a splendid one to beholdBrian Lesser is a splendid one to beholdBrian Lesser is a splendid one to beholdBrian Lesser is a splendid one to beholdBrian Lesser is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Brian Lesser
Drive System Animation Project help is needed

First off, if this is in the wrong forum, then i deeply apoligize.

Onto the topic. Here at Wildstang, all Juniors and Seniors were given an option to either do the traditional mini-competition (using Lego Mindstorms) or a special project. Well, I decided to do the special project. So after getting into a group, we made the decision to study and animate 4 different drive systems using 3D Studio MAX. Not only that, but our group wanted to get some real life pictures of the different drive systems as well. If anyone has any pictures/links to pictures of different drive systems, it would really help out alot. Oh yeah. Here are the drive systems we decided to study...

4-wheel crab
2-wheel crab with BUPOD
2-wheel skidplate
Tank

Thank you in advance,
Brian
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-11-2004, 04:12 PM
13 Years of FIRST!
AKA: Oscar Vasquez
FRC #4501 (Humans)
Team Role: Coach

SpaceOsc has a brilliant futureSpaceOsc has a brilliant futureSpaceOsc has a brilliant futureSpaceOsc has a brilliant futureSpaceOsc has a brilliant futureSpaceOsc has a brilliant futureSpaceOsc has a brilliant futureSpaceOsc has a brilliant futureSpaceOsc has a brilliant futureSpaceOsc has a brilliant futureSpaceOsc has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to SpaceOsc Send a message via Yahoo to SpaceOsc
Re: Drive System Animation Project help is needed

id go to your teams website lol, cause i dont know of any other team who have actually have used all those (i realized u didnt ask for any of these from a single team) but still your wildstang... the one and only.. yanno?

2014: Team 4501 Coach
2002-2011: Team 702 Mentor
2001-2002: Team 702 Student/Captain
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-12-2004, 11:11 AM
FRC #0111 (WildStang)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2002
Dave Scheck has a reputation beyond reputeDave Scheck has a reputation beyond reputeDave Scheck has a reputation beyond reputeDave Scheck has a reputation beyond reputeDave Scheck has a reputation beyond reputeDave Scheck has a reputation beyond reputeDave Scheck has a reputation beyond reputeDave Scheck has a reputation beyond reputeDave Scheck has a reputation beyond reputeDave Scheck has a reputation beyond reputeDave Scheck has a reputation beyond repute

I think that Brian was looking for as many different types of designs as he could get. There is always more than one way to design something.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-12-2004, 11:26 AM
AKA: Anthony Lapp
None #0118 (Team RUSH and Robonauts)

Rookie Year: 1996
ajlapp has a reputation beyond reputeajlapp has a reputation beyond reputeajlapp has a reputation beyond reputeajlapp has a reputation beyond reputeajlapp has a reputation beyond reputeajlapp has a reputation beyond reputeajlapp has a reputation beyond reputeajlapp has a reputation beyond reputeajlapp has a reputation beyond reputeajlapp has a reputation beyond reputeajlapp has a reputation beyond repute

i have pictures of two seperate tank drives, a two-wheeled crab with bupods and our patented kiwi drive that i could e-mail to you....just give me an address to send to and i'll try to get them to you today. i even have video of most of them actually moving, but most of the files are quite large.
221 Robotics Systems - Quality Hardware, Made in the USA
RobotOpen
anthony@221robotics.com
Twitter us: @221RobotSystems
Team 1 --> 94 --> 68 --> 221 --> 857 --> 27 --> 118
Design Engineer/Fabricator and 17 year vet
Team Rush (FRC27) and Robonauts (FRC118)
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-12-2004, 05:09 PM
Bankai!
FRC #0111 (WildStang)
Team Role: Alumni

Brian Lesser is a splendid one to beholdBrian Lesser is a splendid one to beholdBrian Lesser is a splendid one to beholdBrian Lesser is a splendid one to beholdBrian Lesser is a splendid one to beholdBrian Lesser is a splendid one to beholdBrian Lesser is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Brian Lesser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceOsc
id go to your teams website lol, cause i dont know of any other team who have actually have used all those (i realized u didnt ask for any of these from a single team) but still your wildstang... the one and only.. yanno?
Why didnt I think of that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajlapp
i have pictures of two seperate tank drives, a two-wheeled crab with bupods and our patented kiwi drive that i could e-mail to you....just give me an address to send to and i'll try to get them to you today. i even have video of most of them actually moving, but most of the files are quite large.
Sure that can work. I'll PM you...right now *BOOM*

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: