Go to Post Funding and success is no accident. - waialua359 [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Other > Unsung FIRST Heroes
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#16   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-15-2004, 02:33 PM
Mr MOE's Avatar Woodie Flowers Award
MOE 365 Team Coordinator
AKA: John Larock
None #0365 (Miracle Workerz)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2000
Mr MOE has a reputation beyond reputeMr MOE has a reputation beyond reputeMr MOE has a reputation beyond reputeMr MOE has a reputation beyond reputeMr MOE has a reputation beyond reputeMr MOE has a reputation beyond reputeMr MOE has a reputation beyond reputeMr MOE has a reputation beyond reputeMr MOE has a reputation beyond reputeMr MOE has a reputation beyond reputeMr MOE has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UFH: Wayne Cokeley

Way to go, Wayne!

On behalf of MOE and the Miracle Workerz, we salute you for your tireless efforts and your obvious results.
  #17   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-15-2004, 02:41 PM
Support STEM Education
FRC #3301 (Jay County Robotics)
Team Role: Teacher

Rookie Year: 2004
Kyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: UFH: Wayne Cokeley

Congrats Mr. Cokeley! Great guys like you and all the other Unsung heros keep FIRST going!

Kyle Love
Teams I've been on:
Team 45 - The TechnoKats - Student/Leader/Driver 2004-2007
Team 1646 - Boiler Precision Guessworks - Mentor 2007-2011
Team 3301 - Jay County Robotics - Teacher 2011-Present

#18   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-15-2004, 03:47 PM
6 years and counting! :)
AKA: the only fish in FIRST
FRC #0007 (Team 007); FRC #1719 (Umbrella Corp)

Rookie Year: 2003
Dorienne has a reputation beyond reputeDorienne has a reputation beyond reputeDorienne has a reputation beyond reputeDorienne has a reputation beyond reputeDorienne has a reputation beyond reputeDorienne has a reputation beyond reputeDorienne has a reputation beyond reputeDorienne has a reputation beyond reputeDorienne has a reputation beyond reputeDorienne has a reputation beyond reputeDorienne has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Dorienne

Biggest congratulations to you, Mr. Cokeley! I've only met you briefly, but your team speaks so highly and so much of you that I feel as if I've known you for years! You truly deserve this honor, and I'm so glad you have finally received it. =) My most utter congratulations from the bottom of my heart to you.

Proud mentor to teams 007 and 1719!
  #19   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-15-2004, 06:51 PM
Now comes without cockiness.
AKA: Corn Dog
FRC #0125
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2003
Corey Balint has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Balint has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Balint has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Balint has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Balint has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Balint has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Balint has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Balint has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Balint has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Balint has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Balint has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Corey Balint

Honestly, i dont know what to say about Cokeley. Theres wayy too much to even try to think of at once. Bharat and the Mikes really said what i would say. Theres soo much to say we cant say anything and that Cokeley really is a good friend.

The best way i can describe it, i just got back from a meeting that started at 230 went til 5 and then we went out to Fuddruckers(Cokeley, another mentor, and a few teammates) and talked about the team and all our normal random things for another 2 hours.

Congratulations on a long overdue awards Cokeley.

-CB
Don't be scared to post something that is more than "dave is great" "here's my caption contest entry" and "overdrive is the best thing ever". Say something interesting. Say something that will make others think. Create discussion.
If you do say something that isn't just for fun or praising something, which hopefully you do, just be prepared to back up what you said.

Remember: GP is Gracious Professionalism, not Glorifiying Plesantries. Saying something negative does not mean you are evil. It could help someone out a lot.

Anything that I post is an opinion from my own mind. Some may agree with it, others may not. However do not negatively associate anyone else, including any team I work with, with my opinion.
  #20   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-16-2004, 11:23 AM
FRC #0084 (Chuck 84)

Rookie Year: 1997
JudyVandy has much to be proud ofJudyVandy has much to be proud ofJudyVandy has much to be proud ofJudyVandy has much to be proud ofJudyVandy has much to be proud ofJudyVandy has much to be proud ofJudyVandy has much to be proud ofJudyVandy has much to be proud ofJudyVandy has much to be proud of

Congrads on the well deserved recognition. Your spirit and dedication are outstanding! Keep up the great work, not only with your team, but with the entire FIRST community.
  #21   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-16-2004, 03:32 PM
Engineer
FRC #0716 (Who'sCTEKS)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2001
Andy Brockway has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Brockway has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Brockway has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Brockway has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Brockway has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Brockway has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Brockway has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Brockway has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Brockway has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Brockway has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Brockway has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Wayne! I was honored to finally meet you at this year's NJ Regional. Your support of all in the FIRST family is fantastic!
  #22   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-17-2004, 01:44 AM
updates this status less than FB!
AKA: the one who "will break into your thoughts..."
FRC #0237 (Black Magic)

Rookie Year: 2001
Elgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Elgin Clock

Happy Birthday Wayne.. Oh.. DOH!! Wrong thread.

Umm.. Congratulations on your UFH nomination Wayne.
There we go, that's the right topic.

All kidding aside, I was so glad to see that you were able to make it to the New Jersey Regional this year, and I would like to wish you and your teams continued success in the years to come.

Maybe I'll see you at the NJ Regional in 2005?

#23   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-17-2004, 08:53 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero
NYC FIRST Planning Committee Member
no team (NYC FIRST)

Rookie Year: 1999
Rich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Rich Wong

Congratulations Wayne!
I had the pleasure of meeting you and your team during the 2003 NJ Regional at Rutgers University. You probably don’t remember me, I was kind of in the way when you guys were busy fixing something… I think it was another team’s bot! I actually visited your pit several time to admire both the pit and your robot. I took many pictures to show NYC teams what an awesome FIRST team looks like.

Before then, I heard many stories about the legend of Wayne on Team# 25 from Randy (Director of NJ Regional). And that year was my pleasure of seeing you win the FIRST Regional Volunteer Award.

All I can said is….. “I’M NOT WORTHY…..”

Again Congrats…. and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Please help feed the hungry.
  #24   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-18-2004, 01:38 PM
Raul's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
Somewhat Useful Person
no team (Formerly - Wildstang)

Rookie Year: 1996
Raul has a reputation beyond reputeRaul has a reputation beyond reputeRaul has a reputation beyond reputeRaul has a reputation beyond reputeRaul has a reputation beyond reputeRaul has a reputation beyond reputeRaul has a reputation beyond reputeRaul has a reputation beyond reputeRaul has a reputation beyond reputeRaul has a reputation beyond reputeRaul has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Wayne,

Your leadership on team 25 and on the CD forums is evident. I greatly respect what your team has accomplished under yours and the other mentor's guidance.

I am glad that you got your "shot" at us and made good on the opportunity. No excuses, you beat us fairly in that rematch - I do not mind losing to a great team who truly earned the win.

I look forward to seeing what your team cooks up this year.

Raul
  #25   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-18-2004, 06:04 PM
#0025 (Raider Robotix)

Matrix3000k is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Matrix3000k Send a message via AIM to Matrix3000k
Red face Re: UFH: Wayne Cokeley

Mr. C whats up man. i was just sitting here in cali and thought i would check out whats going on in with first and came along the article of the UFH and i want to extend my deepest congrats to you. i have known Mr. C for 9 years. he was my science teacher when i was a freshman in high school and hes the one that got me interested in the FIRST program when it started. I'm really glad that he did introduce me to FIRST. not only did i meet lots of people and made friends with many guys, girls, mentors, engineers and parents but he gave me a gift that most sports teams would have never given me. i mean we all have played on sports teams before and we all know that we get yelled at for the most little mistake that we do out on the field. but not in first if you make a mistake at anything you would not get yelled at but you would be educated on how not to make that mistake again. that is what Mr cokeley always believed in. our team/club never turned away any student and still will not turn anyone away. from being a student to a team mentor i have spent many interesting years with Mr cokeley. he is a very kind man loving, cares about everyone, and he is sooooooo spirited about first. i wanna thank Mr cokeley for who i am today. being involved with raider robotix and first have made a deep impact on my life and the way to do things now. i have never seen a man that would take the time away from his family time to help out a bunch of adolescents in an after school program. he totally deserve this award cokeley and i miss you and the team very very much. not only have you made a huge impact on my life but the other lives of the students that have graduated from NBTHS. hopefully i will be able to see you and team at nationals this year. but if i can't i will be wearing my Hawaiian shirt and cheering for raider robotix. Congrats again to a teacher, mentor, friend and deffently a hero!!!!!

Mario Azar
Raider Robotix Senior Mentor
Quote: Nothing is beyond anyones reach!!!!!!
Year 2002 Archimedes Div. Champions
2002 winners of PARC, Duel on the Delaware and Ramp Riot
plus a plethora of great awards in 2000,2001 and 2002
http://www.matrix3000k.com
http://www.raiderrobotix.com
  #26   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-21-2004, 11:35 PM
Mentor
AKA: Tom McLean
FRC #0025 (Raider Robotix)

Rookie Year: 2000
tjrage_25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to tjrage_25

Hey Mr. Cokeley!!!

I just randomly stopped by to see what was up in FIRST and I saw this. Congratulations!

You and the team have had an indescribable impact on my life. This team was my pride and my life for the four years that I was on it. I would like to thank you and the team in general for making that possible. The friends made on that team and your guidance and inspiration made those four years the best years of my life.

Once again, congratulations, this has been a long time coming and it is most definitly well deserved.

-Tom McLean

PS: The website that I developed for the team during those years helped me land a job interview with Drexel's web development department. I figured I should post the link, so here it is www.pages.drexel.edu/~tjm44/robotics
  #27   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-22-2004, 12:43 AM
no team

Adel Hodiwala is on a distinguished road

words can not describe the impact that this man has had on so many students lives, whether he knows it or not

i know that as i attempt to write this i will not truley be able to express in words the impact that Mr. C has had on me and it is probably better that way because he is an individual that you really need to know to realize what a diverse and unique person he is.
His patience for the program and his students is tremendous. i believe that this is what has allowed team 25 to prosper for so long, and is what keeps the students coming back, whether it be active High schoolers, or alumni (ask big mike)

The team in general like many first teams, (esp. in the early years) went through a lot of hardships which would drive any sane person away from the project. But it truley takes a certain type of person to be a FIRST coach, Mr. C is without a doubt one of these gifted individuals.

His drive to the team and students who look up to him is incredible, it truely bares witness to the legacy that i feel he has created for himself.
He is an genuinly amazing and caring teacher, no in fact he is the definition of what a genuine teacher should be.

He spent the majority of his time trying to better our team, i honestly think that we and FIRST became a part of his family

By just observing over the years that i was in FIRST the way he carried himself and dealt with each obstacle that came in our way really left an impact on me. I learned about how FIRST really is about so much more than a robot competition, it is about team building and the individual. Mr. C knew this better than anyone i met throughout my whole FIRST experience. Truly one of the few teachers in my HS years that gave me actual guidance on where i wanted to direct my future.

Bringing the program into our school and sticking with it is something that i will always be so eternally greatful for, it was easily the best thing that i could have had in my life at the time

I realize more and more as i get older about how much of a positive impact he and his work ethic have had in my life. Im really glad youve gotten the recognition that you have becuase it is quite overdue

So MR. C thank you so much for your hard work and patience it is truly something that i will always be greatful to you for. Whether you realize it or not you have instilled in me morals that i will carry with me for the rest of my life.

Thank you

hes a really funny guy too, you should hear him rap sometime
  #28   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-30-2004, 10:57 PM
Superpower: Knows Everyone
AKA: Sara Reffler
FRC #1089 (Team Mercury)

Rookie Year: 1999
BandChick has a reputation beyond reputeBandChick has a reputation beyond reputeBandChick has a reputation beyond reputeBandChick has a reputation beyond reputeBandChick has a reputation beyond reputeBandChick has a reputation beyond reputeBandChick has a reputation beyond reputeBandChick has a reputation beyond reputeBandChick has a reputation beyond reputeBandChick has a reputation beyond reputeBandChick has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to BandChick Send a message via Skype™ to BandChick

Like everyone else above me, congratulations, you really deserved this!

Cokeley to me was more than just a mentor or a teacher or an advisor. The more time I spent around him and around both 1089 and 25 the more I realized that he is like another father to me. He guides and teaches and inspires kids to strive for things that before don't even seem obtainable. I've watched him do amazing things with the kids on 25 and it makes me want to keep coming back and find some way to help as much as he has. In fact, I've watched the hours that he puts in with 1089, a team that he puts in extra time to help mentor and it fills me with pride. His kids are even interested in it, and they, I'm sure take their ques from him.

Cokeley is one of the most inspirational people I know, and I'm really happy that he finally got his just desserts. Congratulations again!

Get your 2014 Championship userbars here!

1089 Mentor | 2014 MAR Championship Finalists
2014 Bridgewater District Finalists, 2014 Excellence in Engineering Award, 2014 Xerox Creativity Award

2013 Lenape District Finalists | 2009, 2011, 2013 KCP&B Entrepreneurship Award Winners | 2012 Gracious Professionalism Award Winners
2011 NJ Regional Finalists | 2009 NJ Regional Chairman's Award Winners

"Success in life is a matter not so much of talent or opportunity as of concentration and perseverance." C.W. Wendte

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: