OCCRA
Go to Post Gotta love the blurred robots :cool: - Steven Donow [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Regional Competitions
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-28-2005, 07:36 PM
I come through in a spinsch
AKA: George- The Voice
FRC #0303 (TEST Team)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2001
George A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to George A.
Volunteering

This if for all the volunteers...whos volunteering where and whos doing what?

I'm volunteering at the NJ regional...they say that I'm the pit announcer but when I inquired as to what my duties were they said this: "You work as of part of a team with the MC to energize the teams and spectators, generate and maintain interest, enth., and excitement throughout the matches. Announce play-by-play commentary for each match. Manage flow of match play and maintaining the pace of the event."

So I assume that this means that I'm the announcer for the event...if this is the case...WOOHOO if not could someone please tell me what the real deal is? I'd appreciate it.
Game Announcer NY: 2005-2008
Game Announcer Champsionships: 2005-2008

#2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-28-2005, 07:45 PM
AKA: Cory McBride
FRC #0254 (The Cheesy Poofs)
Team Role: Engineer

Cory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Cory
Re: Volunteering

I'll be volunteering at Sacramento, UTC, and Nationals.

So far I'm reffing at Sac. and doing field setup/teardown, and field reset at UTC.

Last edited by Cory : 03-01-2005 at 10:27 AM.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-28-2005, 07:55 PM
54... What a good number!
no team

Rookie Year: 2000
dez250 has a reputation beyond reputedez250 has a reputation beyond reputedez250 has a reputation beyond reputedez250 has a reputation beyond reputedez250 has a reputation beyond reputedez250 has a reputation beyond reputedez250 has a reputation beyond reputedez250 has a reputation beyond reputedez250 has a reputation beyond reputedez250 has a reputation beyond reputedez250 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to dez250

You should* be able to find me at the following events

Week 1 - Finger lakes Regional
Week 2 - UTC New England Regional
Week 3 - Chesapeake Regional
Week 4 - NYC Regional
Week 5 - Greater Toronto Regional

Week "6" - Championship Event [in Atlanta, Ga.]

I will be working in a variety of roles this year. Mainly though if you would like to find me, look near the Scorekeepers table.

*Just because i will be there doesn't mean you will be able to find me.

-Michael Dessingue
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-28-2005, 07:55 PM
Survived year 1–year 2 comes quick!
AKA: @WmLeverette, @GarnetSq, @SCRIW...
FRC #4901 (Garnet Squadron); FLL #???? (Garnet Squadron Alfa)

Rookie Year: 2004
Billfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond repute

I was signed up for Palmetto and the Championship, but I scratched Palmetto in order to help 1293. If 1293, by some random miracle, goes to Atlanta, I'll probably hunt for a replacement there, too.
Billfred's World Tour: USC Kickoff Palmetto CMP Robot Rodeo Manchester Kickoff Florida Palmetto CMP Capital Clash USC Kickoff FVC Orangeburg Florida Peachtree Palmetto CMP Mission Mayhem Exploding Bacon Vex Event Duel on the Delaware CalGames USC Kickoff Florida Chesapeake Palmetto CMP BattleCry Mission Mayhem Brunswick Eruption 6 Clemson Kickoff Chesapeake Palmetto CMP IRI TNT Greenville Tech Scrimmage Bayou Palmetto CMP IRI GRITS TNT Bayou Palmetto CMP IRI Citadel Kickoff Peachtree Palmetto CMP IRI TNT SCRIW Citadel Kickoff Peachtree Palmetto Championship IRI SCRIW II Chapin Kickoff Palmetto South Florida IRI SCRIW III Chapin Kickoff SC FTC CMP Palmetto SC FLL CMP Orlando CMP Midknight Mayhem SCRIW IV (51,569.9 miles, and still on a mission from Bob)

Rule #1: Do not die. Rule #2: Be respectful. Rule #3: Be safe. Rule #4: Follow the handbook.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-28-2005, 08:04 PM
Gone the way of the dinosaur
AKA: "Big Mike"
no team

Rookie Year: 1999
Mike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mike Schroeder Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Schroeder

I'll be volunteering at NJ this year even though i am attending NJ, Palmetto and Nats

"We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard"-JFK
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-28-2005, 08:24 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero
NYC FIRST Planning Committee Member
no team (NYC FIRST)

Rich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Rich Wong

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.R.T.
This if for all the volunteers...whos volunteering where and whos doing what?

I'm volunteering at the NJ regional...they say that I'm the pit announcer but when I inquired as to what my duties were they said this: "You work as of part of a team with the MC to energize the teams and spectators, generate and maintain interest, enth., and excitement throughout the matches. Announce play-by-play commentary for each match. Manage flow of match play and maintaining the pace of the event."

So I assume that this means that I'm the announcer for the event...if this is the case...WOOHOO if not could someone please tell me what the real deal is? I'd appreciate it.
Sounds like you are the GAME/EVENT ANNOUNCER! (you're special!)
That is a swell job; take care of that voice!

I'm hoping to volunteer for the Long Island Regional, if not I'll be at the NJ Regional.
Then I'll be at the NYC Regional.
Hope to see some CD folks!
Please help feed the hungry.
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-28-2005, 08:37 PM
General Manager
no team
Team Role: Engineer

Erin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Erin Rapacki

Quote:

I hate to crack down on your hopes, but I'd double check with the volunteer coordinator about the job description of "pit announcer." As far as I'm am aware; roles such as play-by-play Announcer and MC are selected by Regional committees long ahead of time because such roles require a certain amount of training. In addition, Regional committees are really selective about who they put behind a microphone on the field - they prefer people they know, trust, and have experience (experience is becoming rare these days, but it's funny they won't train more people. They just spread the same amount of people thinner every year).

I'm an "on call" volunteer for Saturday of BAE, refereeing UTC, a safety advisor for Philadelphia, and working the FIRST Robotics Conferences in Atlanta.
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-28-2005, 08:45 PM
Grow Up? Why?
FRC #0610

Rookie Year: 2002
Steve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond repute

Erin, don't forget that you promised me your Segway for Championships. I will be there looking for you. I will also be announcing at Rochester, Pittsburgh, Detroit, Waterloo ant Greater Toronto Regional.

Pit announce is not the same as game announce. It is still a demanding job. Erin is right when she said that special training is required. If you listen to me announce then you should do the exact opposite. I blow my voice out at every event and am now paying the piper. I have had a sore throat for more than a year. If you were to be a Game Announcer then you would have received an email from Blair H with training suggestions.
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-28-2005, 08:55 PM
I come through in a spinsch
AKA: George- The Voice
FRC #0303 (TEST Team)

George A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge A. has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to George A.

Ok well I emailed the person that has been in contact with me...he said that I was pit announcer first and then sent me that description...I emailed him back for clarical purposes, and am awaiting a response...for those of you that DO announce, what do I have to do in order to do that? Ever since I started FIRST i've wanted to be behind the mic doing the play by play. I've done some announcing at off season competitions, but where do i go from there?

HELP ME! LOL
Game Announcer NY: 2005-2008
Game Announcer Champsionships: 2005-2008

#10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-28-2005, 09:01 PM
Grow Up? Why?
FRC #0610

Steve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ok well I emailed the person that has been in contact with me...he said that I was pit announcer first and then sent me that description...I emailed him back for clarical purposes, and am awaiting a response...for those of you that DO announce, what do I have to do in order to do that? Ever since I started FIRST i've wanted to be behind the mic doing the play by play. I've done some announcing at off season competitions, but where do i go from there?

HELP ME! LOL

Follow this link http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=28424 to a thread that you started.
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-28-2005, 09:03 PM
(Insert witty comment here)
FRC #0057 (The Leopards)

Rookie Year: 1998
Kevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kevin Sevcik Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin Sevcik

I was going to be primary scorekeeper at Lone Star, but due to our main mentor/coach moving to Abu Dahbi, I've been bumped up to coach at all our events. Nothing like GLR for your inaugural stint as a coach, lemme tell ya.

Lone Star Regional Troubleshooter
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-28-2005, 09:41 PM
FRC 812/3476 Mentor
AKA: George
FRC #0812 (Midnight Mechanics)

DCA Fan has a reputation beyond reputeDCA Fan has a reputation beyond reputeDCA Fan has a reputation beyond reputeDCA Fan has a reputation beyond reputeDCA Fan has a reputation beyond reputeDCA Fan has a reputation beyond reputeDCA Fan has a reputation beyond reputeDCA Fan has a reputation beyond reputeDCA Fan has a reputation beyond reputeDCA Fan has a reputation beyond reputeDCA Fan has a reputation beyond repute

I plan to volunteer at LA and Nationals, but I haven't gotten around to signing forms.

2001-2005 FRC294 Beach Cities Robotics
2005-Present FRC812 Midnight Mechanics
2012 FRC3476 Code Orange
2003-Present Volunteer, FRC/FTC/FLL/VRC

NEMO | San Diego Regional
| FIRST California
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-28-2005, 09:44 PM
Gone the way of the dinosaur
AKA: "Big Mike"
no team

Mike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mike Schroeder Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Schroeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin Rapacki
As far as I'm am aware; roles such as play-by-play Announcer and MC are selected by Regional committees long ahead of time because such roles require a certain amount of training. In addition, Regional committees are really selective about who they put behind a microphone on the field - they prefer people they know, trust, and have experience (experience is becoming rare these days, but it's funny they won't train more people. They just spread the same amount of people thinner every year).
Thats not entirly true, Erin, acctually its wrong because according to an email sent to me last monday (feb 21) I will most likely be one of the emcee's at the NJ Regional, and that i would be getting information about some web-based training for my postion

and this is from the FIRST VIMS website :

Quote:
Originally Posted by US FIRST WEBSITE
TRAINING

Provided by FIRST headquarters prior to start of competition season, may include: live and/or recorded web conferences, teleconference(s), manual and other support materials, email communications and one-on-one support. First-year volunteer may serve in an apprentice role, working with a veteran emcee. Event Manager and AV Tech Director provide guidance during the competition.
that was what i got when i clicked on the link about Master of Ceremonies

"We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard"-JFK
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-28-2005, 10:07 PM
GO IRISH
FRC #0177 (Bobcat Robotics)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2004
Alex Pelan has a brilliant futureAlex Pelan has a brilliant futureAlex Pelan has a brilliant futureAlex Pelan has a brilliant futureAlex Pelan has a brilliant futureAlex Pelan has a brilliant futureAlex Pelan has a brilliant futureAlex Pelan has a brilliant futureAlex Pelan has a brilliant futureAlex Pelan has a brilliant futureAlex Pelan has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Alex Pelan Send a message via Yahoo to Alex Pelan

I just found out I would be able to go to BAE the other day, and thus didn't sign up until then. I still haven't gotten anything back, but I'll be there on Saturday anyway.
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-28-2005, 10:13 PM
Grow Up? Why?
FRC #0610

I know that Karthik will be training for MC at Waterloo with Blair and then I believe that he will be MC in Toronto. It is true that there are limited MC's out there. Don't forget that MC and announcers carry the flow of the event. If you have bad on or the other then there can be problems. It takes a lot to keep things alive and well for 2 days. Check out Blair or Dave V if you want to see how hard these guys work. Mark L has to take breaks between matches because he is so intense. I once thought that the MC didn't do much till I worked with them. Blair and Dave I know do a lot of prep work before even coming to an event.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: