OCCRA
Go to Post Well i guess the only thing left for me to do is tip my hat and call Karthik, Chris Hibner, EricH and Bill Gold my daddy. - JackN [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Regional Competitions
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-01-2005, 09:05 PM
Alumni
no team

Rookie Year: 1999
Todd Derbyshire will become famous soon enoughTodd Derbyshire will become famous soon enough
Question Predictions for BAE Regional?

Anybody want to make some predictions for the BAE Regional?
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-01-2005, 11:27 PM
7 years, allready!!???!?!?!
AKA: Mongo
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2000
Greg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Greg Perkins Send a message via MSN to Greg Perkins Send a message via Yahoo to Greg Perkins
Re: Predictions for BAE Regional?

i think everybody has an equal shot.

some of the teaams that i have well noted this yaer will be 121, and 190

XBOX Live Gamertag = TrixAre4Kidss
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-02-2005, 12:17 AM
Joe Ross's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
FRC #0330 (Beachbots)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1997
Joe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond repute

I predict that people's "favorite" going into the finals will not win.

I also predict that most predictions will be wrong.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-02-2005, 06:10 AM
Best Available Data
FRC #1778 (Chill Out!)

Rookie Year: 2004
Ian Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond repute

190 is always incredible in theory and better than most on the field. (I wish I got to see there hanger work more than once...) I think the championship will be up for grabs this year.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-02-2005, 06:23 AM
Karthik's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
VEX Robotics GDC Chairman
FRC #1114 (Simbotics)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 1998
Karthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Derbyshire
Anybody want to make some predictions for the BAE Regional?
I'll bite.

I predict that at least one of 126 and 175 will be playing in the finals.

I predict that 88 will fly under the radar, but do extremely well because of consistent play and smart strategy.

I predict that 121 will win a lot matches by playing tough and aggressive defense.
"Enthusiasm is one of the most powerful engines of success. When you do a thing, do it with all your might. Put your whole soul into it. Stamp it with your own personality. Be active, be energetic, be enthusiastic and faithful and you will accomplish your object. Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm" -- R.W. Emerson
My TEDx Talk - The Subtle Secrets of Success
Full disclosure: I work for IFI and VEX Robotics, and am the Chairman of the VEX Robotics and VEX IQ Game Design Committees
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-02-2005, 10:04 AM
Alumni
no team

Todd Derbyshire will become famous soon enoughTodd Derbyshire will become famous soon enough

I'm going to make a prediction that those who have practiced and have seen the game via attending the "preregionals will have an upper hand this year. Therefore I expect within the first week of regionals and especially at BAE that the veterans will fair better than the rookies. However, I feel that at least one rookie will be in the top 8.
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-02-2005, 10:35 AM
Mechanical Engineer
FRC #0134 (Team Discovery)

Pat Roche is a splendid one to beholdPat Roche is a splendid one to beholdPat Roche is a splendid one to beholdPat Roche is a splendid one to beholdPat Roche is a splendid one to beholdPat Roche is a splendid one to beholdPat Roche is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Pat Roche

From what I've seen everyone this year has put together quality machines. I think this years comp. is up for grabs and anyone could win. Good luck to all.

-Pat
Team Discovery #134 Alumni 1999-2004
Division by Zero #229 Alumni 2004-2009
Team Discovery again?
2010 and Beyond

Where have the last 11 years have gone?
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-02-2005, 10:51 AM
Time to start planning RIDE 2015!
AKA: Rick Blight
FRC #0078 (AIR Strike)
Team Role: Leadership

Rookie Year: 2001
Ricksta has a reputation beyond reputeRicksta has a reputation beyond reputeRicksta has a reputation beyond reputeRicksta has a reputation beyond reputeRicksta has a reputation beyond reputeRicksta has a reputation beyond reputeRicksta has a reputation beyond reputeRicksta has a reputation beyond reputeRicksta has a reputation beyond reputeRicksta has a reputation beyond reputeRicksta has a reputation beyond repute

126 plays it smart every year. Knowing teams abilities will be key and they have the scouting thing down.
Hopefully the Rookie-All-Star of BAE 04 will make a great showing, team 1350, one of the other Rhode Island teams.

Good luck to everyone!

ps. look for 121 in thier new color this year (hint its not white anymore).

#9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-02-2005, 06:02 PM
Finally An Engineer
FRC #3280

Rookie Year: 2005
JamesBrown has a reputation beyond reputeJamesBrown has a reputation beyond reputeJamesBrown has a reputation beyond reputeJamesBrown has a reputation beyond reputeJamesBrown has a reputation beyond reputeJamesBrown has a reputation beyond reputeJamesBrown has a reputation beyond reputeJamesBrown has a reputation beyond reputeJamesBrown has a reputation beyond reputeJamesBrown has a reputation beyond reputeJamesBrown has a reputation beyond repute

121 looked good in Quincy as did the rest of the teams that were there. Of course you dont want to count out 1350. Havent seen it in action yet but if it is close to last years it will be competitive.
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-02-2005, 07:47 PM
GET IT ON!!
FRC #0121 (Rhode Warrior)

Kyle Fenton has much to be proud ofKyle Fenton has much to be proud ofKyle Fenton has much to be proud ofKyle Fenton has much to be proud ofKyle Fenton has much to be proud ofKyle Fenton has much to be proud ofKyle Fenton has much to be proud ofKyle Fenton has much to be proud ofKyle Fenton has much to be proud ofKyle Fenton has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Kyle Fenton

This is a weird year where every team’s functionality is about the same.

The team who is the most reliable, durable, fast, and has a good driver and strategy will probably win.
Quality Robots Since 1996
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-02-2005, 09:47 PM
opportunist
FRC #0195 (Cyberknights)

Rookie Year: 2001
Stephen.Yanczura is a name known to allStephen.Yanczura is a name known to allStephen.Yanczura is a name known to allStephen.Yanczura is a name known to allStephen.Yanczura is a name known to allStephen.Yanczura is a name known to all

I predict Tom Bottiglieri and Stephen Yanczura from Team 195 will be making a cameo at BAE (sans team). Be sure to say hi if you see us and give us a hug (if your cute ).
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-02-2005, 10:05 PM
7 years, allready!!???!?!?!
AKA: Mongo
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Greg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Greg Perkins Send a message via MSN to Greg Perkins Send a message via Yahoo to Greg Perkins

im cute, and will be at bae...does that mean i can get a hug??! lol

XBOX Live Gamertag = TrixAre4Kidss
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-02-2005, 10:09 PM
Carpe diem
FRC #0125 (Nu-Trons)

MikeDubreuil has a reputation beyond reputeMikeDubreuil has a reputation beyond reputeMikeDubreuil has a reputation beyond reputeMikeDubreuil has a reputation beyond reputeMikeDubreuil has a reputation beyond reputeMikeDubreuil has a reputation beyond reputeMikeDubreuil has a reputation beyond reputeMikeDubreuil has a reputation beyond reputeMikeDubreuil has a reputation beyond reputeMikeDubreuil has a reputation beyond reputeMikeDubreuil has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MikeDubreuil

You should look for 125 to be a slow grower for a second year. We're still mending our wounds from last year where we finished rather poorly our first regional and much better the second; bottom 10% at BAE, top 10% at Annapolis.

We have, in theory, a good robot. Our 'bot features a very light arm capable of reaching 12ft and a simple manipulator. A very low center of gravity. Underneath the hood our drive train is powered by 4 CIMs and AndyMark trannies.

Unfortunately, Thursday morning will feature a lot of mechanical work and the afternoon will lead to much programming work. In short, we'll either hit it big or fizzle.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	robot2005.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	3043  
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-02-2005, 10:32 PM
The Resident Gamer -
AKA: Pat or Harry... if you ask its a long story...
FRC #0078 (AIR Strike)
Team Role: Tactician

Rookie Year: 2004
Heretic121 has a reputation beyond reputeHeretic121 has a reputation beyond reputeHeretic121 has a reputation beyond reputeHeretic121 has a reputation beyond reputeHeretic121 has a reputation beyond reputeHeretic121 has a reputation beyond reputeHeretic121 has a reputation beyond reputeHeretic121 has a reputation beyond reputeHeretic121 has a reputation beyond reputeHeretic121 has a reputation beyond reputeHeretic121 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Heretic121

from what i have seen... i think a fast drive train and RELIABLE capping will be out a very fast capper who is not consistent and has flaws...

i KNOW just from past years that coaching is tuff and this year it will be VERY VERY crucial to even just say you get this goal we get this goal you go that way we go this way stop them... chaos to the max... it will be fun stuff lol =P...

another thing that will be huge from what i heard about the UTC scrimmage... THE HUMAN PLAYER... it can make or break a team... espically with 10 pt penalties for each time BOTH feet are not on the loading dock for the HP... so any team ONLY using the HP will HAVE to be careful... and HP's i think will be the biggest penalties and thje most often given penatlies this year...

as for the teams... i heard 88 is good and going to be a tough team overall...

team 190 was underwraps all year and the little i did hear was suberp... and a few other teams that were given good reps from pre-season scrims that im looking forward to seeing... and i think a mix of d by 1 team and o by 2 teams will be the key combination...
'10 NH Regional Finalist (Thank you teams 1922 + 134) / '10 NH GM Industrial Design'09 CMP Division Champion - Newton (thank you teams 1507 + 177) / '09 CT GM Industrial Design / '09 NH Regional Champion (thank you teams 175 + 2621) / '09 NH GM Industrial Design / '08 NH Regional Champion / '08 NH Regional Judges Award / '07 MA Regional Finalist / '05 NH Regional Champion / '04 CT Woodie Flowers Regional Award

2004 - Team 121 Human Player
2005 - Team 121 Student Captian
2006 - Team 38 Drive Team Coach / Mentor
2007 - 2009 - Team 121 Mentor / Strategery Master
2010 - Present - Team 78 Mentor / Strategy / Scouting Lead

Last edited by Heretic121 : 03-02-2005 at 10:36 PM.
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-03-2005, 06:57 AM
FIRST Senior Mentor
AKA: Dana P. Henry
FRC #0839 (Rosie Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2002
Rosiebotboss has a reputation beyond reputeRosiebotboss has a reputation beyond reputeRosiebotboss has a reputation beyond reputeRosiebotboss has a reputation beyond reputeRosiebotboss has a reputation beyond reputeRosiebotboss has a reputation beyond reputeRosiebotboss has a reputation beyond reputeRosiebotboss has a reputation beyond reputeRosiebotboss has a reputation beyond reputeRosiebotboss has a reputation beyond reputeRosiebotboss has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Rosiebotboss Send a message via Skype™ to Rosiebotboss

I happen to know a Team 125 freshman NU student pretty well and he said they are a force to be reckeoned with. Great drive train and good arm. I really like their chassis.

Buzz will be strong as well.

Gompeii drive train is incredible!!!!! Will drive in a straight line and spin on its own axis at the same time. Manuverable to the MAX!
KPCB Entrepreneurship 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 13, 14
Rookie All Star and Top Rookie Seed 2002
CMP Inspector 05-14, LRI NE FIRST NU, District CMP
JTB 1944-2008 "What did you do with your dash?"
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: