Go to Post When you build a practice robot, you're literally buying time. - sanddrag [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > ChiefDelphi.com Website > Extra Discussion
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-04-2005, 09:25 PM
AKA: Dan Quiggle
FRC #0179 (Children of the Swamp)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1999
Swampdude has a reputation beyond reputeSwampdude has a reputation beyond reputeSwampdude has a reputation beyond reputeSwampdude has a reputation beyond reputeSwampdude has a reputation beyond reputeSwampdude has a reputation beyond reputeSwampdude has a reputation beyond reputeSwampdude has a reputation beyond reputeSwampdude has a reputation beyond reputeSwampdude has a reputation beyond reputeSwampdude has a reputation beyond repute
pic: Match killer or life saver?

#2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-04-2005, 09:28 PM
Financial Engineer
FRC #4991 (HORSEpower)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2004
Conor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: pic: Match killer or life saver?

Did they Keep people safe or Ruin the Fun?

Well, if they were called on the human player they kept everyone safe, but usually when called on a robot ruined the fun for our spectators looking some hardcore metal grinding on the playing field. But the fun was there for me anyway so it couldn't possibly ruin it since i had fun anyway.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-04-2005, 09:43 PM
Gone the way of the dinosaur
AKA: "Big Mike"
no team

Rookie Year: 1999
Mike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond reputeMike Schroeder has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mike Schroeder Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Schroeder

how about C) there because with out them the competition wouldnt be fun.

"We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard"-JFK
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-04-2005, 10:58 PM
Go VOLS!!
AKA: Budda648
no team (QC Elite)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2002
Jeremiah Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJeremiah Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJeremiah Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJeremiah Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJeremiah Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJeremiah Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJeremiah Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJeremiah Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJeremiah Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJeremiah Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJeremiah Johnson has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Jeremiah Johnson Send a message via MSN to Jeremiah Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mike
how about C) there because with out them the competition wouldnt be fun.
This is true but they were a "dream killer" for those on Team 648 and its alliance of 79 and 107. Ugh... if you don't know already, at MWR 79 was tagged with a 10 pter for over-aggressiveness in SF 1.3 vs. #1 alliance of 71, 111, and 537. Consequently losing by 1 PT! AND we had to wait ~20 mins for the call... o well... it's over and we've moved on. Gives us something to motivate us for next year...

XBOX Live Gamertag = theVelvetLie
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-04-2005, 11:36 PM
Hmm..now what?
FRC #1138 (Eagle Engineering)

Rookie Year: 2005
Jeff K. has a reputation beyond reputeJeff K. has a reputation beyond reputeJeff K. has a reputation beyond reputeJeff K. has a reputation beyond reputeJeff K. has a reputation beyond reputeJeff K. has a reputation beyond reputeJeff K. has a reputation beyond reputeJeff K. has a reputation beyond reputeJeff K. has a reputation beyond reputeJeff K. has a reputation beyond reputeJeff K. has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Jeff K. Send a message via MSN to Jeff K.

One match on Saturday, we were called on a 10 pt. human player penalty because our human player wasn't in the loading zone. Well...the front of his body was in the loading zone, just that the heels of his shoes weren't. In that match, we would have won by ONE point if that wasn't called. That call was definitely a match killer because we would've had 4 wins, 2 losses, and only one tie.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-05-2005, 12:50 AM
Curmudgeon
FRC #0116 (Epsilon Delta)

Rookie Year: 1996
dlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond repute

OK, I just can't hold myself back on this one.

fn(comments_about_event) + [fn(Date(today - DateOfMWR)) = 40 days] != fn("it's over and we've moved on")

We all need to keep things in perspective. When you look back at the entire 2005 FIRST season, is your entire experience defined by the presence of a little cloth flag on the play field? Or is it based on the knowledge, fun, inspiration, friendships, education, growth, insight, creativity, and camaraderie you gained during the pre-season, build season and competition season? Which one is really important? And which memory do you want to carry forward?

-dave
"I know what you're thinking, punk," hissed Wordy Harry to his new editor, "you're thinking, 'Did he use six superfluous adjectives or only five?' - and to tell the truth, I forgot myself in all this excitement; but being as this is English, the most powerful language in the world, whose subtle nuances will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' - well do you, punk?"
- Stuart Vasepuru, 2006 Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest

My OTHER CAR is still on Mars!!!
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-05-2005, 01:15 AM
Hmm..now what?
FRC #1138 (Eagle Engineering)

Rookie Year: 2005
Jeff K. has a reputation beyond reputeJeff K. has a reputation beyond reputeJeff K. has a reputation beyond reputeJeff K. has a reputation beyond reputeJeff K. has a reputation beyond reputeJeff K. has a reputation beyond reputeJeff K. has a reputation beyond reputeJeff K. has a reputation beyond reputeJeff K. has a reputation beyond reputeJeff K. has a reputation beyond reputeJeff K. has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Jeff K. Send a message via MSN to Jeff K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlavery
Which one is really important? And which memory do you want to carry forward?

-dave
Ya Dave, you're right. Even though we lost the match, the 6 weeks we had to build the robots were probably the best 6 weeks of my life. I met a lot of really cool people on the team and got to know them a lot better. I also met a lot of really cool people at competitions that share many interests. I'm really looking forward to the next 6 weeks of build season and to see what kind of game you're going to come up with next.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: