OCCRA
Go to Post "So [you're] like battlebots" Standard answer: No -- it's better! - Roger [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 4.67 average. Display Modes
  #106   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-20-2005, 10:59 AM
Queen City Planning Committee
FRC #0144 (ROCK Robotics)
Team Role: Teacher

Rookie Year: 1999
Dave Campbell has a brilliant futureDave Campbell has a brilliant futureDave Campbell has a brilliant futureDave Campbell has a brilliant futureDave Campbell has a brilliant futureDave Campbell has a brilliant futureDave Campbell has a brilliant futureDave Campbell has a brilliant futureDave Campbell has a brilliant futureDave Campbell has a brilliant futureDave Campbell has a brilliant future
Re: Meeting FIRST People in odd places

I am training for a triathlon to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's "Team-in-Training" and met a former mentor from a Colorado team who is also doing the same tri.

FRC Team #144 Advisor
  #107   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-20-2005, 05:07 PM
Gone to school, back in 2016
FRC #0269 (Cooney Robotics); FLL #1855 (Cooney Tech/St. Jerome)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2004
dubious elise has a reputation beyond reputedubious elise has a reputation beyond reputedubious elise has a reputation beyond reputedubious elise has a reputation beyond reputedubious elise has a reputation beyond reputedubious elise has a reputation beyond reputedubious elise has a reputation beyond reputedubious elise has a reputation beyond reputedubious elise has a reputation beyond reputedubious elise has a reputation beyond reputedubious elise has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not too sure if this counts, but I met Neha Batra of 1345 three years ago at a summer camp at Northwestern University, before either of us were involved in FIRST, and we got started talking again just recently via the forums
  #108   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-20-2005, 05:14 PM
JIN
AKA: Wouldn't you like to know...
#1015 (Pi Hi Samurai)
Team Role: Driver

JIN is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Waegelin
So, I'm down here at the University of Michigan for Band Week, and already, in just the Trumpet section, I've met three former FIRST people. One was from 226, one from 240, and one all the way from 374 in Anchorage, Alaska. Apparently, there are quite a few FIRSTers in the Michigan Marching Band that I haven't met, also. This got me thinking about something. Where have you met FIRST people in odd places? By odd places, I mean anywhere that you wouldn't consider a FIRST-related activity. So, what are your stories? They don't have to be much, but I think it would be cool to get an idea of where FIRSTers are in the "outside world."
Hey! a Huron guy! I'm from pioneer HS. Maybe I saw you in Ypsi.

neways, I've met a couple people who sponsor a team in Texas (they didn't know the team name nor number) at my barber shop (Arm and Anvil). It was pretty cool to meet someone involved with FIRST.

Jazz... TRANSFORM and ROLL OUT!
  #109   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-08-2005, 12:20 AM
Robots are so scene nowadays.
AKA: Jill
FRC #1022 (Archer GEeks)
Team Role: Leadership

Rookie Year: 2003
Jill1022 is a splendid one to beholdJill1022 is a splendid one to beholdJill1022 is a splendid one to beholdJill1022 is a splendid one to beholdJill1022 is a splendid one to beholdJill1022 is a splendid one to beholdJill1022 is a splendid one to beholdJill1022 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to Jill1022 Send a message via AIM to Jill1022

I was at one of my regular local band concerts and there was a band from Michigan, One for the books, performing that night. Well I was stuck working Merch table for my friends' band and our stuff was next to One for the Books (OFTB). Well eventually they saw my "Thunderchickens" pin and were like, "are you in robotics?" and I was like, Yeah...

Turns out they were in robotics in high school too! Crazy...

Here we are:

#110   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-08-2005, 07:19 PM
Slashdot Fanatic
AKA: Kevin Cheng
#0639 (Code Red Robotics)
Team Role: Webmaster

plutonium83 can only hope to improve

I met Moshin from 772 while playing Yahoo Euchre, the 2 nights before champs.

#111   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-08-2005, 08:04 PM
...misses her old team.
AKA: BurningQuestion
FRC #0716 (The Who'sCTEKS)
Team Role: Alumni

Jaine Perotti has a reputation beyond reputeJaine Perotti has a reputation beyond reputeJaine Perotti has a reputation beyond reputeJaine Perotti has a reputation beyond reputeJaine Perotti has a reputation beyond reputeJaine Perotti has a reputation beyond reputeJaine Perotti has a reputation beyond reputeJaine Perotti has a reputation beyond reputeJaine Perotti has a reputation beyond reputeJaine Perotti has a reputation beyond reputeJaine Perotti has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Jaine Perotti Send a message via MSN to Jaine Perotti Send a message via Yahoo to Jaine Perotti

This was quite a while ago, but I just remembered it for some reason.

I was in New York City at the same time as the NYC Regional (I feel horrible that I couldn't go!) visiting my aunt and uncle. After visiting their new apartment (they had ust bought a new one) we went to see the art show "Ashes and Snow" at the Nomadic Museam. As we were waiting in line to get in, all of a sudden I heard a bunch of people behind me talking about the regional. I turned around and told them that I was also a FIRSTer. I then asked them what their connection to FIRST was. Apparently it was a family... the daughter was on team 555, and they had come to NYC to see her team compete. It was cool to meet people who you have things in common with, that you would never relate to otherwise. FIRST has a funny way of connecting people... I like it.

-- Jaine
  #112   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-08-2005, 08:36 PM
Old
AKA: Jack Nowakowski
no team
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2005
JackN has a reputation beyond reputeJackN has a reputation beyond reputeJackN has a reputation beyond reputeJackN has a reputation beyond reputeJackN has a reputation beyond reputeJackN has a reputation beyond reputeJackN has a reputation beyond reputeJackN has a reputation beyond reputeJackN has a reputation beyond reputeJackN has a reputation beyond reputeJackN has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to JackN Send a message via Skype™ to JackN

I was at the mall wearing my killer bees hat when someone asked me if i was part of that team. We talked for a while about robotics. It was interesting.
  #113   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-08-2005, 08:45 PM
FRC #0573 (Mech Warriors)

Lisa Perez has a reputation beyond reputeLisa Perez has a reputation beyond reputeLisa Perez has a reputation beyond reputeLisa Perez has a reputation beyond reputeLisa Perez has a reputation beyond reputeLisa Perez has a reputation beyond reputeLisa Perez has a reputation beyond reputeLisa Perez has a reputation beyond reputeLisa Perez has a reputation beyond reputeLisa Perez has a reputation beyond reputeLisa Perez has a reputation beyond repute

I've met two Thunderchickens at church and another FIRSTer from our Championships division at an awards ceremony, that was cool

Mentor - Team 573, Mech Warriors
Former Mentor - Team 830, Rat Pack and Team 3182, Athena's Warriors
Proud Alumna - Team 573, Mech Warriors and Team 1, Juggernauts
  #114   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-08-2005, 10:35 PM
Impossible to rain on my parade.
FRC #1902 (Exploding Bacon)

Barry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond reputeBarry Bonzack has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Barry Bonzack Send a message via Skype™ to Barry Bonzack

Disney Grad was last Friday. After the park let out, my group of friends got on the ferry to get over to the bus parking lot. it was about 3:30ish AM and I was pretty out of it. A girl noticed my collared shirt with the FIRST logo on it and asked if I was on a team. After getting over the shock that 1. a female came over to talk to me and 2. she wanted to talk about robots... we had a short conversation. She was from team 116, which was also somewhat peculiar because I couldn't figure out a group from New Hampshire was doing in Florida, but hey the night was a blast. Good times, Good times.

Jan 12, Emceeing at FTC at University High School
Jan 26, Emceeing FTC Pinellas League Championship Seminole High School in Tampa
Feb 2, Emceeing FTC Tesla League Championship at Cocoa Beach High School
Mar 2, Emceeing FTC State Championship at Embry Riddle Aeronautics University in Daytona
Mar 3, Volunteering for FLL State Championship at UCF in Orlando
Mar 7-9, Announcing FRC Orlando regional
Mar 29-30 Announcing FRC South Florida Regional
Apr 24-27 FTC World Championship in St. Louis
  #115   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-28-2005, 05:03 PM
Not In My House
no team
Team Role: College Student

Kate00 has a reputation beyond reputeKate00 has a reputation beyond reputeKate00 has a reputation beyond reputeKate00 has a reputation beyond reputeKate00 has a reputation beyond reputeKate00 has a reputation beyond reputeKate00 has a reputation beyond reputeKate00 has a reputation beyond reputeKate00 has a reputation beyond reputeKate00 has a reputation beyond reputeKate00 has a reputation beyond repute

Today at a war canoe regatta in Mississauga, I saw a guy wearing a GTR shirt from this year. I didn't go up and talk to him, however, because by the time I screwed up my courage to do it, I couldn't find him, and I was in too many races/cheering for our varsity team. (I was on Junior Varsity, and helped out the Cawthra Varsity)
  #116   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-28-2005, 05:23 PM
Reject False Icons
no team

Rookie Year: 2001
Joe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Bonzack
Disney Grad was last Friday. After the park let out, my group of friends got on the ferry to get over to the bus parking lot. it was about 3:30ish AM and I was pretty out of it. A girl noticed my collared shirt with the FIRST logo on it and asked if I was on a team. After getting over the shock that 1. a female came over to talk to me and 2. she wanted to talk about robots... we had a short conversation. She was from team 116, which was also somewhat peculiar because I couldn't figure out a group from New Hampshire was doing in Florida, but hey the night was a blast. Good times, Good times.
116 is from northern VA. I saw a guy from Kilroy at my church once....
  #117   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-28-2005, 05:33 PM
"Operation FIRST"
AKA: Matt Conte
#1098 (G.I.'s)
Team Role: Driver

MConte05 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MConte05

I was working at Six Flags St. Louis the other week, ride operations on The Boss, and I saw a kid wearing a simple FIRST shirt, didn't manage to ask him what team or where he was from.....
  #118   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-01-2005, 02:42 PM
You may not know me, but I love you
AKA: Lindsay
FRC #1108 (Panther Robotics)
Team Role: Student

Rookie Year: 2004
KORN_lover_2007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to KORN_lover_2007 Send a message via MSN to KORN_lover_2007 Send a message via Yahoo to KORN_lover_2007

I met some people on a team in the town close to us at a hair salon that my mom goes to. It was cool because I was bored wating for my mom to get her hair cut, so I talked to them for a while. They were getting free tanning passes to raffle off for their team.
I heart you all and the championship was so killertubulistic! 2nd place alliance Galileo field! Mr.Bill rox! Thank you alliance teams 447 and 492! Also thank you team 365 for your spirit award! Oh yeah, I almost got ran over by Dean Kamen on his segway, how cool is that?! I now claim all FIRSTers as my family.

www.pantherrobotics.com
  #119   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-02-2005, 12:06 PM
Mechanical Design Engineer
AKA: That silly panda girl from back in the day.
no team
Team Role: Engineer

Nica F. has a reputation beyond reputeNica F. has a reputation beyond reputeNica F. has a reputation beyond reputeNica F. has a reputation beyond reputeNica F. has a reputation beyond reputeNica F. has a reputation beyond reputeNica F. has a reputation beyond reputeNica F. has a reputation beyond reputeNica F. has a reputation beyond reputeNica F. has a reputation beyond reputeNica F. has a reputation beyond repute

i was at my stepfather's friend's party, and i started talking to someone around my age and when i asked him what he did the weekend before he said he was at San Diego for a robotics scrimage, which was awkward because i was there too..lol
  #120   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-03-2005, 03:20 PM
Building robots since 1995
FRC #4914

Rookie Year: 2002
Vince lau has a reputation beyond reputeVince lau has a reputation beyond reputeVince lau has a reputation beyond reputeVince lau has a reputation beyond reputeVince lau has a reputation beyond reputeVince lau has a reputation beyond reputeVince lau has a reputation beyond reputeVince lau has a reputation beyond reputeVince lau has a reputation beyond reputeVince lau has a reputation beyond reputeVince lau has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Vince lau

i met a member from team 180 on a PSP forum

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: