OCCRA
Go to Post So I guess this is just another case of someone reinventing the leg? - petek [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Off-Season Events
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-12-2005, 03:35 PM
Brandon Martus's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
busy.
AKA: B. Slash Kamen
no team

Rookie Year: 1998
Brandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Brandon Martus Send a message via AIM to Brandon Martus Send a message via Yahoo to Brandon Martus Send a message via Skype™ to Brandon Martus
Dean Simmons & The Kamen Brothers @ 2005 IRI

Eddie Van Kamen (from Dean Simmons & the Kamen Brothers) has e-mailed me about an MP3 they recorded last month. Their current 2005 Midwest Tour last played in Pontiac, Michigan on 6/5 at Powertrain Park and they were able to get the song on their website for all to enjoy.

http://www.deansimmonsandthekamens.com/media

Don't forget to check them out at their last show of the 2005 Midwest Tour .. one week from Friday at the 2005 IRI, after the Talent Show. They'll have tour t-shirts for sale, and maybe some other goodies. Be ready to sing along and have a lot of fun.

He also wanted me to pass on the message to check the Bio section on the site. The guys are busy writing up their biographies -- a couple are up right now actually.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-12-2005, 03:52 PM
Chris Hibner's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
Eschewing Obfuscation Since 1990
AKA: Lars Kamen's Roadie
FRC #0051 (Wings of Fire)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1997
Chris Hibner has a reputation beyond reputeChris Hibner has a reputation beyond reputeChris Hibner has a reputation beyond reputeChris Hibner has a reputation beyond reputeChris Hibner has a reputation beyond reputeChris Hibner has a reputation beyond reputeChris Hibner has a reputation beyond reputeChris Hibner has a reputation beyond reputeChris Hibner has a reputation beyond reputeChris Hibner has a reputation beyond reputeChris Hibner has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dean Simmons & The Kamen Brothers @ 2005 IRI

I heard that after nearly electrocuting himself a few times, Dean finally figured out how to run a line out of the mixing board and straight into a computer to record the sound direct from the board!!!

I hear that the sound quality of Powertrain Park recordings are very good (esp. compared to the old method of a walkman sitting in front of the band).

I hope Dean thinks that getting zapped a few times was worth it. Heck, a little electricity isn't harmful (at least to Dean, anyway).
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-12-2005, 09:03 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero
Broadcast Eng/Chief Robot Inspector
AKA: Big Al
FRC #0111 (WildStang)

Rookie Year: 1996
Al Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hibner
I heard that after nearly electrocuting himself a few times, Dean finally figured out how to run a line out of the mixing board and straight into a computer to record the sound direct from the board!!!

I hear that the sound quality of Powertrain Park recordings are very good (esp. compared to the old method of a walkman sitting in front of the band).

I hope Dean thinks that getting zapped a few times was worth it. Heck, a little electricity isn't harmful (at least to Dean, anyway).
I warned you guys, you need a UNION electronic engineer to hook that stuff up. Don't forget to use the "line out" jacks. BTW, I did a gig with Ringo Starr two weeks ago. Nice guy, laid back and easy going. It was a nice change.
www.wildstang.org
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-13-2005, 08:56 AM
Andy Baker's Avatar Woodie Flowers Award
President, AndyMark, Inc.
FRC #3940 (CyberTooth)

Andy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Andy Baker

After visiting some friends in Ortonville, Michigan, I had the opportunity to catch DS&K at Powertrain Park in Pontiac. These guys rocked! They opened up for Kip Winger, but I gotta say that they were the highlight of the night.

My wife and I both thought that their music had a good beat and was easy to dance to. They played some Beastie Boys song that really got the crowd into it. I thought that the guitarists played off of each other really well and the drummer was very tight, even with the huge afro. My wife thought the lead singer, Ozzy Kamen was cute. Darn those rockers. It will be cool to see these guys at IRI in Indy, but I may have to keep my wife away from Ozzy.

Andy B.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-13-2005, 09:52 AM
Unsung FIRST Hero
Broadcast Eng/Chief Robot Inspector
AKA: Big Al
FRC #0111 (WildStang)

Rookie Year: 1996
Al Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Baker
My wife thought the lead singer, Ozzy Kamen was cute. Darn those rockers.
Andy B.
Good thing! Ya gotta ask what if she hated him?!?
www.wildstang.org
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-13-2005, 09:53 AM
busy.
no team

Brandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Brandon Martus Send a message via AIM to Brandon Martus Send a message via Yahoo to Brandon Martus Send a message via Skype™ to Brandon Martus

I was at that show too ... I didn't see you there, though, Andy.

I was surprised that probably 1/2 of their set was composed of new songs (since the last time I saw them in Chicago).
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-13-2005, 10:29 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero Woodie Flowers Award
My Other Car is a 500 HP Turbine
FRC #0234 (Cyber Blue)

Rookie Year: 1942
Chris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond repute

Since they fired their manager, they seem to be experiencing a rebirth, of sort. Maybe he was holding them down.

I am looking forward to seeing them at IRI - I hope the Kamen-mobile can make the trip all they way from Michigan.
2010 - Woodie Flowers Award - Championship
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-19-2005, 03:18 PM
busy.
no team

There is now a biography for Lars Kamen on the site. More to come ...
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-19-2005, 03:21 PM
Support STEM Education
FRC #3301 (Jay County Robotics)
Team Role: Teacher

Rookie Year: 2004
Kyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so ready! Rock on kids!

Kyle Love
Teams I've been on:
Team 45 - The TechnoKats - Student/Leader/Driver 2004-2007
Team 1646 - Boiler Precision Guessworks - Mentor 2007-2011
Team 3301 - Jay County Robotics - Teacher 2011-Present

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: