OCCRA
Go to Post And if in the end the students are inspired and more of the public becomes aware of the program, and people gain more appreciation for engineering, how can that not be a good thing? - dlavery [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Other > Chit-Chat > Games/Trivia
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#16   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-07-2005, 11:58 PM
FRC 812/3476 Mentor
AKA: George
FRC #0812 (Midnight Mechanics)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2002
DCA Fan has a reputation beyond reputeDCA Fan has a reputation beyond reputeDCA Fan has a reputation beyond reputeDCA Fan has a reputation beyond reputeDCA Fan has a reputation beyond reputeDCA Fan has a reputation beyond reputeDCA Fan has a reputation beyond reputeDCA Fan has a reputation beyond reputeDCA Fan has a reputation beyond reputeDCA Fan has a reputation beyond reputeDCA Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: CD's Unofficial Caption Contest #57

Karen: "ADMIT IT! Dave Lavery has better legs than Amanda Morrison!"

2001-2005 FRC294 Beach Cities Robotics
2005-Present FRC812 Midnight Mechanics
2012, 2014 FRC3476 Code Orange
2003-Present Volunteer, FRC/FTC/FLL/VRC

NEMO | San Diego Regional
| FIRST California
  #17   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-08-2005, 12:46 AM
Support STEM Education
FRC #3301 (Jay County Robotics)
Team Role: Teacher

Rookie Year: 2004
Kyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond repute

Karen: "YOU ARE NOT JVN FOR THE LAST FRIKKEN TIME!!!!"

Kyle Love
Teams I've been on:
Team 45 - The TechnoKats - Student/Leader/Driver 2004-2007
Team 1646 - Boiler Precision Guessworks - Mentor 2007-2011
Team 3301 - Jay County Robotics - Teacher 2011-Present

#18   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-08-2005, 09:46 AM
Old
AKA: Jack Nowakowski
no team

Rookie Year: 2005
JackN has a reputation beyond reputeJackN has a reputation beyond reputeJackN has a reputation beyond reputeJackN has a reputation beyond reputeJackN has a reputation beyond reputeJackN has a reputation beyond reputeJackN has a reputation beyond reputeJackN has a reputation beyond reputeJackN has a reputation beyond reputeJackN has a reputation beyond reputeJackN has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to JackN Send a message via Skype™ to JackN

Girl with gun "This is what you get for getting a 10 point loading zone penalty."
  #19   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-08-2005, 12:38 PM
Gary Dillard's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
Generator of Entropy
AKA: you know, the old bald guy
FRC #2973 (The Mad Rockers)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1998
Gary Dillard has a reputation beyond reputeGary Dillard has a reputation beyond reputeGary Dillard has a reputation beyond reputeGary Dillard has a reputation beyond reputeGary Dillard has a reputation beyond reputeGary Dillard has a reputation beyond reputeGary Dillard has a reputation beyond reputeGary Dillard has a reputation beyond reputeGary Dillard has a reputation beyond reputeGary Dillard has a reputation beyond reputeGary Dillard has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Gary Dillard

<Background narration, Dave Lavery's voice>

"Welcome to the 2006 FIRST robotics competition. This year's game is called "Robot Roulette", and it's a little different from past year's competitions. We on the games and rules committee are fed up with all the whining about interpreting projectiles (2003), tip velocity (2004), and loading infractions (2005), so we've tried to make it simple this year.

'This is a one-on-one single elimination competition. The kit consists of a gun and box of ammo (projectiles). As you can see from this animation, the field consists of a bunch of old furniture (to keep the costs down per your suggestions). Each team has 15 seconds to "lock and load", and the remaining 1:45 has the human players trying to shoot each other. Last one standing is declared the winner; in case of a tie, the human players will spin the chamber and have a "click-off".

'As in recent competitions, the first 15 seconds will be autonomous mode to accomplish some complicated task which has no bearing whatsoever on the result of the match.

'We expect this match format to eliminate the complaints about attendance at multiple regionals and should allow the national competition to be held at a much smaller venue.

'Gracious Professionalism. It's not just a slogan; it's a matter of life and death. Have fun, and see you in Atlanta."
  #20   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-08-2005, 03:11 PM
New year, new team
FRC #1197 (Torbots)

Rookie Year: 2003
EricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to EricH

Karen: You know what I want you to do, right? Go find Heidi, get her to take a picture of Billfred, alter the picture so he looks completely crazy, and then submit it for a caption contest. Got it? Good, get moving. Faster...even faster....
2012: FRC4046 Schroedinger's Dragons

Read the rules and make a picklist before thinking about winning a competition.

"Rockets are tricky..."--Elon Musk
  #21   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-08-2005, 08:11 PM
FRC #0433 (Firebirds)
Team Role: Alumni

Liz C is a splendid one to beholdLiz C is a splendid one to beholdLiz C is a splendid one to beholdLiz C is a splendid one to beholdLiz C is a splendid one to beholdLiz C is a splendid one to beholdLiz C is a splendid one to behold

This is a sad story of a firebird who turned to violence in an effort to cure her robotics-withdrawl - if only she could wait for Capital Clash. (applications for the position of 2nd driver can be sent via pm to Liz C. Great atmosphere, and all you can eat animal crackers during the build season)
  #22   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-09-2005, 07:06 PM
SPAM, the lunchmeat of superheroes!
AKA: Eric Schreffler
FRC #0180 (SPAM)

Rookie Year: 2001
EricS-Team180 has a reputation beyond reputeEricS-Team180 has a reputation beyond reputeEricS-Team180 has a reputation beyond reputeEricS-Team180 has a reputation beyond reputeEricS-Team180 has a reputation beyond reputeEricS-Team180 has a reputation beyond reputeEricS-Team180 has a reputation beyond reputeEricS-Team180 has a reputation beyond reputeEricS-Team180 has a reputation beyond reputeEricS-Team180 has a reputation beyond reputeEricS-Team180 has a reputation beyond repute

...so YOU are the one who's been pilfering my invaluable collection of Wayne Newton 45s...Say you're prayers VARMINT! I'm a-gonna BLAST ya!
  #23   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-09-2005, 08:22 PM
www.TwoPencilDesigns.com
AKA: Grizz, Twinkletoes, PitBull1126
FRC #1405

Alex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Cormier has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Alex Cormier

"oooh shoot, im gona bust a cap in ya if ya dont clean the showers properly this time!"

Two Pencil Designs - Vinyl Graphics, Bumper Numbers, and Strategy Items!
Like us on Facebook & follow us on Twitter
Facebook.com/TwoPencilDesigns & TwoPencilDesign
  #24   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-10-2005, 01:39 AM
Curmudgeon
FRC #0116 (Epsilon Delta)

Rookie Year: 1996
dlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond repute

You are under arrest for failing to complete your VIMS record before attending a FIRST regional competition...
"I know what you're thinking, punk," hissed Wordy Harry to his new editor, "you're thinking, 'Did he use six superfluous adjectives or only five?' - and to tell the truth, I forgot myself in all this excitement; but being as this is English, the most powerful language in the world, whose subtle nuances will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' - well do you, punk?"
- Stuart Vasepuru, 2006 Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest

My OTHER CAR is still on Mars!!!
  #25   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-10-2005, 05:05 PM
Best Available Data
FRC #1778 (Chill Out!)

Ian Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond repute

Girl on Floor: Whats going on, why is there a plastic gun pointed at me?!?!

Karen: What is going on? I just had Billfred on the floor about to give ME *evil laugh* control of the caption contest. And then he just, he just POOFED. Leaving me with nothing, nothing at all...

Girl on Floor: Well that Billfred character is a pretty wily fellow, his 1337 Assassination Attempt Avoidance Skills need to be on par with the those of Heidi Foster to avoid the assasination attempts that result from actions on taken on the Chief Delphi forums.
  #26   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-10-2005, 05:26 PM
Robots are friends
AKA: tagger fanatic
FRC #1345 (Platinum Dragons); FRC# 97 (RoboRuminants)
Team Role: Programmer

nehalita has a reputation beyond reputenehalita has a reputation beyond reputenehalita has a reputation beyond reputenehalita has a reputation beyond reputenehalita has a reputation beyond reputenehalita has a reputation beyond reputenehalita has a reputation beyond reputenehalita has a reputation beyond reputenehalita has a reputation beyond reputenehalita has a reputation beyond reputenehalita has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to nehalita Send a message via MSN to nehalita Send a message via Yahoo to nehalita

Karen: those NOISES! i can bear them no more. *pulls gun*
Girl on the floor: look i know i have hiccups and all but is that really necessary...

Proud Member of H.I.L.
The PLATINUM DRAGONS are on FIRE!
  #27   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-11-2005, 02:19 PM
falling can be fun
AKA: Heidi Foster
FRC #0116 (Epsilon Delta)

Rookie Year: 2001
MissInformation has a reputation beyond reputeMissInformation has a reputation beyond reputeMissInformation has a reputation beyond reputeMissInformation has a reputation beyond reputeMissInformation has a reputation beyond reputeMissInformation has a reputation beyond reputeMissInformation has a reputation beyond reputeMissInformation has a reputation beyond reputeMissInformation has a reputation beyond reputeMissInformation has a reputation beyond reputeMissInformation has a reputation beyond repute

"You promised me we were going to be on "Made". Now, either you call up MTV and get me my TV show, or you're going to be making the 6 o'clock news!"
  #28   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-11-2005, 02:40 PM
Financial Engineer
no team (Robot Yacht Club)

Conor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeConor Ryan has a reputation beyond repute

Karen: If you don't give me a robot i'm gonna bust a cap up in here!
Scared Freshman: Its over there, next to the radio...Take my tiara too, just please don't shoot me.
Karen: That robot better work....
  #29   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-11-2005, 09:37 PM
Support STEM Education
FRC #3301 (Jay County Robotics)
Team Role: Teacher

Kyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond reputeKyle Love has a reputation beyond repute

Karen: "These are our new team uniforms rather you like it or not...STUPID FRESHMEN!!!!!!"

Kyle Love
Teams I've been on:
Team 45 - The TechnoKats - Student/Leader/Driver 2004-2007
Team 1646 - Boiler Precision Guessworks - Mentor 2007-2011
Team 3301 - Jay County Robotics - Teacher 2011-Present

#30   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-11-2005, 10:40 PM
New year, new team
FRC #1197 (Torbots)

EricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to EricH

[not an entry] yes I know I should only do one, but I couldn't resist[/not an entry]

FIRSTers are reminded of why it is an extremely bad idea to sabotage a robot, particularly the Firebirds' latest and "greatest".
2012: FRC4046 Schroedinger's Dragons

Read the rules and make a picklist before thinking about winning a competition.

"Rockets are tricky..."--Elon Musk

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: