Go to Post What about "I h8 Autonomous Mode" (for the programmers who actually have to make the robots work)? - Tristan Lall [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-11-2005, 08:00 AM
AKA: Ari
FRC #0108 (SigmaC@T)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2001
Arefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond reputeArefin Bari has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Arefin Bari Send a message via AIM to Arefin Bari Send a message via MSN to Arefin Bari Send a message via Yahoo to Arefin Bari
Encouragement for the members

<The purpose of this thread is to only encourage the members on the forum to post more in general/technical forum other than just chit-chat.>

The forum does get a little slow during off-season. But few of us are still here brainstorming ideas, building cool things, designing parts. I would like to encourage all the members to post in the general/technical forums (topic related to FIRST competition) more often than chit chat.

I will admit that I used to post in chit chat a lot. I used to love the game section. But time has changed and I am more interested in looking into the technical threads and picking up some knowledge from there. Whenever I come on Chiefdelphi, I always see posts in the game sections and the general/technical threads just fade away. For example, recently Matt Krass got his vex kit and made a Triple play VEXbot and shared with us on the forum. He wanted input from us in order to make the robot work there. Only few have commented in that thread, when many of us could post in that thread and give him ideas to make his robot work better. Trust me; you will learn a lot just by reading some of these threads specially the posts by the engineers. Let me point out another example, my specialty isnít in the electrical field. But just by reading some of Al Skierkiewicz posts, I learn new things. I am not saying that the chit chat section has no purpose on the forum. It does, it gives us some good laughs when we really need it (game: person above me, questions only).

Donít forget the purpose of Chiefdelphi. It is to keep the community connected and to help each other out. Moderators have been working days and nights to keep this forum going years after years. Letís keep this place professional.

I can be totally wrong on this topic. Please do give your inputs.

</The purpose of the thread is to only encourage the members on the forum to post more in general/technical forum other than just chit-chat.>
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-11-2005, 08:27 AM
Electrical Engineer
AKA: Phil Baltar
FRC #1351
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2004
sciguy125 has a reputation beyond reputesciguy125 has a reputation beyond reputesciguy125 has a reputation beyond reputesciguy125 has a reputation beyond reputesciguy125 has a reputation beyond reputesciguy125 has a reputation beyond reputesciguy125 has a reputation beyond reputesciguy125 has a reputation beyond reputesciguy125 has a reputation beyond reputesciguy125 has a reputation beyond reputesciguy125 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to sciguy125 Send a message via MSN to sciguy125 Send a message via Yahoo to sciguy125
Re: Encouragement for the members

I'm with you. I don't think I've posted in awhile. I've been waiting for something to spark my interests, but not much has lately.

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.12
GE/S/P a-- e y-- r-- s:++ d+ h! X+++
t++ C+ P+ L++ E W++ w M-- V? PS+ PE+
5- R-- tv+ b+ DI+++ D- G
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-11-2005, 10:21 AM
FRCDesigns.com
AKA: Matt Starke
FRC #0174 (Arctic Warriors); (Alumni: 340 (GRR), 1126 (SparX))
Team Role: Leadership

Rookie Year: 2003
Starke has a brilliant futureStarke has a brilliant futureStarke has a brilliant futureStarke has a brilliant futureStarke has a brilliant futureStarke has a brilliant futureStarke has a brilliant futureStarke has a brilliant futureStarke has a brilliant futureStarke has a brilliant futureStarke has a brilliant future

i am with you on the technical threads. they allow to see things that you normally do not think of. i like the game threads also, but technical threads keeps technology up to date.

and i will be posting a technical thread in the near future with a robot something that team 340 is working on.

Team 340 | G.R.R. | Alumni/Mentor | 2003-2007, 2010
Team 1126 | SparX | Engineer | 2008-2009
Dylan Starke Strategy | Engineer | 2011
FRCDesigns.com | Engineer | 2011 - Present
Team 174 | Arctic Warriors | Advisor | 2012 - Present
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-11-2005, 05:34 PM
AKA: Cory McBride
FRC #0254 (The Cheesy Poofs)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2001
Cory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Cory

Most people don't post in the technical forums during the offseason much, because their teams probably aren't doing all that much.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-11-2005, 06:45 PM
New year, new team
FRC #1197 (Torbots)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2003
EricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to EricH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory
Most people don't post in the technical forums during the offseason much, because their teams probably aren't doing all that much.
Still, they can provide encouragement. Also, one person/team may be trying something that another person/team has tried, but hasn't told anyone about. The second person/team may be able to offer insight into what does and doesn't work in that area, thereby helping the first person/team to do better. And if the second person or team makes the thing work, and they share it here, then all the teams may benefit from just one person or team helping another.
2012: FRC4046 Schroedinger's Dragons

Read the rules and make a picklist before thinking about winning a competition.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-11-2005, 11:34 PM
CraigHickman

This forum has a chit-chat section???? WOAH! (seriously, how ever sad, I did not notice......)

So, as proved by my example, it IS possible to live in just the other sections.... heh... and now it's off to treat the mass radiation burns my eyes have suffered from being at this comp too long.....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: