OCCRA
Go to Post I believe that those who have a clear understanding of their capabilities, both physical and financial, and design and build within those capabilities are the teams that succeed. - Daniel_LaFleur [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Rules/Strategy > Scouting
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-17-2005, 12:33 PM
AKA: Jen Sciandra
FRC #1712
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2005
Rudy is an unknown quantity at this point
Scouting and Strategy HELP!

Hi everyone! My name is Jen Sciandra and I am a mentor for team 1712 (Lower Merion School District). We are a pre-rookie team and I have been put in charge of Scouting & Strategy for an upcoming competition. Does anyone have any simple scouting & strategy forms or documents that would help me get started? I just need something that is quick and easy.

Any help that anyone can provide me with would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks so much!
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-17-2005, 12:45 PM
Dancing through life...
FRC #0488 (Xbot)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1999
Madison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Madison
Re: Scouting and Strategy HELP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy
Hi everyone! My name is Jen Sciandra and I am a mentor for team 1712 (Lower Merion School District). We are a pre-rookie team and I have been put in charge of Scouting & Strategy for an upcoming competition. Does anyone have any simple scouting & strategy forms or documents that would help me get started? I just need something that is quick and easy.

Thanks so much!
Jen -

I just wanted to leave a note to let you know that I moved your thread to our scouting subforum. You'd originally posted in the FIRST E-Mail Blast Archive. More people will see it here.

When you start new threads, keep in mind that ChiefDelphi has about 14.6 million subforums about nearly everything you can imagine in the world of FIRST. You have to be in the forum you'd like for your thread to appear in when you choose to start a new topic.

...down at the Ozdust!

Like a grand and miraculous spaceship, our planet has sailed through the universe of time. And for a brief moment, we have been among its many passengers.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-17-2005, 01:04 PM
ChrisH's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
Generally Useless
FRC #0330 (Beach 'Bots)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1998
ChrisH has a reputation beyond reputeChrisH has a reputation beyond reputeChrisH has a reputation beyond reputeChrisH has a reputation beyond reputeChrisH has a reputation beyond reputeChrisH has a reputation beyond reputeChrisH has a reputation beyond reputeChrisH has a reputation beyond reputeChrisH has a reputation beyond reputeChrisH has a reputation beyond reputeChrisH has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy

Thanks so much!
You might want to check out the White Papers section of CD. There is a whole section devoted to scouting. There are 37 items there. Some of them are revisions but it would be a good place to start. Be sure and check the dates as there are items from different years and the scoring will be different each year.

ChrisH

"Who is John Galt?"
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-17-2005, 01:10 PM
#YoDawgSafetyFirst
FRC #4329 (Lutheran Roboteers)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2001
Ryan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ryan Dognaux

I've attached the scouting sheet that team 234 used last year for their scouting. We used an all paper system, had a page for each team and kept those pages in a binder. We also made a large posterboard and took pictures of every team at the regional / championship division for teams to use as a reference.

I would suggest to keep it simple. Some teams make large scouting databases using computer software. Being your first year, just keep it simple. Have enough people in the stands to watch teams during the regional matches and you'll be fine.
Attached Files
File Type: xls ScoutingDatabaseSheet.xls (16.0 KB, 160 views)
Team 4329 Mentor: Current
STL Off-Season Event: www.gatewayroboticschallenge.com
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-17-2005, 01:35 PM
no team

Rookie Year: 2003
AmyPrib has a reputation beyond reputeAmyPrib has a reputation beyond reputeAmyPrib has a reputation beyond reputeAmyPrib has a reputation beyond reputeAmyPrib has a reputation beyond reputeAmyPrib has a reputation beyond reputeAmyPrib has a reputation beyond reputeAmyPrib has a reputation beyond reputeAmyPrib has a reputation beyond reputeAmyPrib has a reputation beyond reputeAmyPrib has a reputation beyond repute

I also suggest that you take some time to read through all the threads and post in the "scouting/strategy" forum, where this is now. The same exact question comes up several times a season, and there's tons of information already here to help you get started.

Here's some reference links:
http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=39364

http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=39517

http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37693

But, this entire subforum is about scouting - you should find just about everything you need, but if you still have questions after reading through some of that, feel free to ask.

Co-Chair Boilermaker Regional Planning Committee 2004-2011
2008 St. Louis Regional Finalists and Engineering Inspiration Award
2007 St. Louis Regional Champions - Thanks 1444 & 829! / St. Louis and Boilermaker Quality Award
2006 Boilermaker Chairman's Award
Referee - IRI - 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
2005 Midwest Regional - Semifinalist, Engineering Inspiration Award, and Safety Award / Boilermaker Regional - Judges Award
2004 Midwest Regional Champions - Thanks 269 and 930! / IRI Runner-Up - Thanks to 234 and 447!!!
2004 Championship: Archimedes Finalist - Thanks 716 and 1272!
"We are going to be praised and criticized more than we deserve. We are not to be affected by either." ~ co-worker
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-18-2005, 06:16 AM
AKA: Jen Sciandra
FRC #1712
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2005
Rudy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Krass
Jen -

I just wanted to leave a note to let you know that I moved your thread to our scouting subforum. You'd originally posted in the FIRST E-Mail Blast Archive. More people will see it here.

When you start new threads, keep in mind that ChiefDelphi has about 14.6 million subforums about nearly everything you can imagine in the world of FIRST. You have to be in the forum you'd like for your thread to appear in when you choose to start a new topic.

Thank you so much!
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: