OCCRA
Go to Post A Mentor is.. A person you can talk to anything about and trust them to not throw it back in your face in any way shape or form and who will help you as much as they can to deal with the problems and situations in life... - Elgin Clock [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Other > Chit-Chat
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#16   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-23-2005, 11:18 AM
-
no team

Rookie Year: 1998
EddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud of
Re: Notice anything familiar?

I'm not sure if I should be mortified or laughing my rear end off...
  #17   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-27-2005, 09:25 AM
Survived year 1–year 2 comes quick!
AKA: @WmLeverette, @GarnetSq, @SCRIW...
FRC #4901 (Garnet Squadron); FLL #7016/7017 (Garnet Squadron Alfa/Bravo)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2004
Billfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond repute

You know, Dave has been such a good sport about this. I mean, all these jokes and he's only said eight words in response. Such a doll...

(I've figured it out--next year's game will involve robots popping balloons shaped strikingly similar to my head.)
Billfred's World Tour: USC Kickoff Palmetto CMP Robot Rodeo Manchester Kickoff Florida Palmetto CMP Capital Clash USC Kickoff FVC Orangeburg Florida Peachtree Palmetto CMP Mission Mayhem Exploding Bacon Vex Event Duel on the Delaware CalGames USC Kickoff Florida Chesapeake Palmetto CMP BattleCry Mission Mayhem Brunswick Eruption 6 Clemson Kickoff Chesapeake Palmetto CMP IRI TNT Greenville Tech Scrimmage Bayou Palmetto CMP IRI GRITS TNT Bayou Palmetto CMP IRI Citadel Kickoff Peachtree Palmetto CMP IRI TNT SCRIW Citadel Kickoff Peachtree Palmetto Championship IRI SCRIW II Chapin Kickoff Palmetto South Florida IRI SCRIW III Chapin Kickoff SC FTC CMP Palmetto SC FLL CMP Orlando CMP Midknight Mayhem SCRIW IV (51,569.9 miles, and still on a mission from Bob)

Rule #1: Do not die. Rule #2: Be respectful. Rule #3: Be safe. Rule #4: Follow the handbook.
  #18   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-27-2005, 11:00 AM
Curmudgeon
FRC #0116 (Epsilon Delta)

Rookie Year: 1996
dlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfred
(I've figured it out--next year's game will involve robots popping balloons shaped strikingly similar to my head.)
Just wait until January. I want to see the look on your face when the announcer says: "Welcome to the 2006 FIRST Robotics Competition, and this year's game 'Whack The Billfred'"
"I know what you're thinking, punk," hissed Wordy Harry to his new editor, "you're thinking, 'Did he use six superfluous adjectives or only five?' - and to tell the truth, I forgot myself in all this excitement; but being as this is English, the most powerful language in the world, whose subtle nuances will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' - well do you, punk?"
- Stuart Vasepuru, 2006 Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest

My OTHER CAR is still on Mars!!!
  #19   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-27-2005, 11:03 AM
The red haired Dremel gnome!
FRC #0623 (Ohm robotics)
Team Role: Electrical

mechanicalbrain has a reputation beyond reputemechanicalbrain has a reputation beyond reputemechanicalbrain has a reputation beyond reputemechanicalbrain has a reputation beyond reputemechanicalbrain has a reputation beyond reputemechanicalbrain has a reputation beyond reputemechanicalbrain has a reputation beyond reputemechanicalbrain has a reputation beyond reputemechanicalbrain has a reputation beyond reputemechanicalbrain has a reputation beyond reputemechanicalbrain has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to mechanicalbrain Send a message via Yahoo to mechanicalbrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlavery
Just wait until January. I want to see the look on your face when the announcer says: "Welcome to the 2006 FIRST Robotics Competition, and this year's game 'Whack The Billfred'"
Does that mean all these pneumatic cannons ive been seeing are going to be legalized for game use?
  #20   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-27-2005, 11:11 AM
I may be teh programmer?
AKA: Keegan
FRC #0414
Team Role: Programmer

Rookie Year: 2003
Squirrelrock will become famous soon enoughSquirrelrock will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Squirrelrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicalbrain
Does that mean all these pneumatic cannons ive been seeing are going to be legalized for game use?
Yeah, but they are not near strong enough to be allowed to use on the billfred balloons. Those 'balloons' are going to be soo thick that you need a spike in the spud to pop the balloons, and the spud needs a gasoline propellant.

<edit>
i saw pneumatic cannon, and immeaditly went to potatoe cannon.
</edit>
Aaacckkk! Guurrkkk! Sssnorrrrkkkkk! Brain ... explode ... will. AAAArrrrggghhh!! Must ... not ... think ... about ... 2007 ... yet. Uuurrgghh!!! Still ... have .... to ... resolve ... how ... to ... pack ... parachutes ... for ... 2006 ... Ooorrrkkggnn!!
Sweet!

The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane.
- Nikola Tesla

Genius might be described as a supreme capacity for getting its possessors into trouble of all kinds.
- Samuel Butler
  #21   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-27-2005, 12:43 PM

Billfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In that case, someone's going to have to pass the hat around for a plane ticket and room in Manchester--the finances (and a little bit of team structure this year) are keeping me in Colatown for kickoff.

(By the way, a piece of advice to all those who haven't gone to Manchester for Kickoff before: Go. It's something you have to do at least once in your time in FIRST.)

<edit>Wait--how are teams going to play Whack The Billfred? There's five regionals going on at once, and only one of me (thankfully, some would say). And I kinda have to take classes and such. I sense a red herring.</edit>
Billfred's World Tour: USC Kickoff Palmetto CMP Robot Rodeo Manchester Kickoff Florida Palmetto CMP Capital Clash USC Kickoff FVC Orangeburg Florida Peachtree Palmetto CMP Mission Mayhem Exploding Bacon Vex Event Duel on the Delaware CalGames USC Kickoff Florida Chesapeake Palmetto CMP BattleCry Mission Mayhem Brunswick Eruption 6 Clemson Kickoff Chesapeake Palmetto CMP IRI TNT Greenville Tech Scrimmage Bayou Palmetto CMP IRI GRITS TNT Bayou Palmetto CMP IRI Citadel Kickoff Peachtree Palmetto CMP IRI TNT SCRIW Citadel Kickoff Peachtree Palmetto Championship IRI SCRIW II Chapin Kickoff Palmetto South Florida IRI SCRIW III Chapin Kickoff SC FTC CMP Palmetto SC FLL CMP Orlando CMP Midknight Mayhem SCRIW IV (51,569.9 miles, and still on a mission from Bob)

Rule #1: Do not die. Rule #2: Be respectful. Rule #3: Be safe. Rule #4: Follow the handbook.

Last edited by Billfred : 10-27-2005 at 12:47 PM.
  #22   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-27-2005, 01:10 PM
The red haired Dremel gnome!
FRC #0623 (Ohm robotics)
Team Role: Electrical

mechanicalbrain has a reputation beyond reputemechanicalbrain has a reputation beyond reputemechanicalbrain has a reputation beyond reputemechanicalbrain has a reputation beyond reputemechanicalbrain has a reputation beyond reputemechanicalbrain has a reputation beyond reputemechanicalbrain has a reputation beyond reputemechanicalbrain has a reputation beyond reputemechanicalbrain has a reputation beyond reputemechanicalbrain has a reputation beyond reputemechanicalbrain has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to mechanicalbrain Send a message via Yahoo to mechanicalbrain

Quote:
In that case, someone's going to have to pass the hat around for a plane ticket and room in Manchester--the finances (and a little bit of team structure this year) are keeping me in Colatown for kickoff.

(By the way, a piece of advice to all those who haven't gone to Manchester for Kickoff before: Go. It's something you have to do at least once in your time in FIRST.)

<edit>Wait--how are teams going to play Whack The Billfred? There's five regionals going on at once, and only one of me (thankfully, some would say). And I kinda have to take classes and such. I sense a red herring.</edit>
Not to worry Billfred, Ohmies are here for you with our Development of Outstanding Mechanics (DOOM) group. Here's a picture of our latest project.

(Note: not the fire hydrant) We can guaranty a Billfred for all the regionals!

Last edited by mechanicalbrain : 10-27-2005 at 01:12 PM.
  #23   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-27-2005, 09:47 PM
Curmudgeon
FRC #0116 (Epsilon Delta)

Rookie Year: 1996
dlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Heh heh heh - yeah, sure...

"I know what you're thinking, punk," hissed Wordy Harry to his new editor, "you're thinking, 'Did he use six superfluous adjectives or only five?' - and to tell the truth, I forgot myself in all this excitement; but being as this is English, the most powerful language in the world, whose subtle nuances will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' - well do you, punk?"
- Stuart Vasepuru, 2006 Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest

My OTHER CAR is still on Mars!!!
  #24   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-27-2005, 10:59 PM
-
no team

Rookie Year: 1998
EddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud of

Quote:
Define "whack". Do you mean "bop him on the head", or the mafia definition that we're not supposed to know about?
  #25   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-27-2005, 11:02 PM
New year, new team
FRC #1197 (Torbots)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2003
EricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to EricH

Quote:
Heh heh heh - yeah, sure...

You mean DAVE knows a photoshop program? Or did Heidi do this one? If it was Dave who did this, then why don't we see more "altered" views of Heidi?
2012: FRC4046 Schroedinger's Dragons

Read the rules and make a picklist before thinking about winning a competition.

"Rockets are tricky..."--Elon Musk
  #26   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-28-2005, 06:34 PM
Now at sub 14's in a 5000lb vehicle
AKA: Maher Attallah
FRC #0005 (Robocards)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2000
Matt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Matt Attallah Send a message via MSN to Matt Attallah Send a message via Yahoo to Matt Attallah

Now I'd pay to play that!
  #27   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-28-2005, 08:18 PM
SAE Formula is FIRST with Gasoline.
FRC #0306 (CRT)
Team Role: Alumni

Andrew Blair has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Blair has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Blair has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Blair has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Blair has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Blair has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Blair has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Blair has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Blair has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Blair has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Blair has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Andrew Blair Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew Blair

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricH
You mean DAVE knows a photoshop program? Or did Heidi do this one? If it was Dave who did this, then why don't we see more "altered" views of Heidi?

Ohhh, I'm sure we will soon...

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."
-Albert Einstein
  #28   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-01-2005, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Attallah
Now I'd pay to play that!
Now that's cold.

Although the image (which I somehow missed--what the heck?!) does give me hope for this year. I mean, if Dave's got 13 as the score, then that can just be 12.93 with rounding, riiiiiiiiight?

(Or maybe I'm missing something--the address for Preston College is 1323 Greene Street. Perhaps we're getting a green alliance as well?)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: