OCCRA
Go to Post Removing too much of the challenge removes too much of the accomplishment when you solve the problem. Removing too much of the challenge removes too much of the innovation in the solutions... removing too much of the challenge removes too much of the fun. - dlavery [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > Rumor Mill
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#16   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-28-2006, 10:58 PM
FRC #0939
Team Role: Student

sirbleedsalot has a spectacular aura aboutsirbleedsalot has a spectacular aura aboutsirbleedsalot has a spectacular aura about
Re: Who has a finished robot?

My team is not finished yet but it seems you guys could help me out, how do i program my robot to have a motor spin counter clockwise when i pull the trigger on the joystick, then released it stops turning the motor, and when i press the thumb button i want the motor to spin clockwise. I am using easyc and i was wondering how to write that code. Please help.
  #17   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-28-2006, 11:36 PM
New year, new team
FRC #1197 (Torbots)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2003
EricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to EricH

Done???? What does this word mean? In FIRST, no robot is "done" until at least after the last competition of the year (offseason or otherwise). And we still aren't done with our '04 bot--it's been used as a practice bot for last year and a sensor testbed this year. (I know of a team that modified their robot in a big way between Championship and IRI last year. 'Nuff said.)
2012: FRC4046 Schroedinger's Dragons

Read the rules and make a picklist before thinking about winning a competition.

"Rockets are tricky..."--Elon Musk
  #18   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-29-2006, 12:06 PM
Mentor, Tactician
AKA: Evan "Numbers" Morrison
FRC #1983 (Skunk Works Robotics) and FRC #0971 (Spartan Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2005
Nuttyman54 has a reputation beyond reputeNuttyman54 has a reputation beyond reputeNuttyman54 has a reputation beyond reputeNuttyman54 has a reputation beyond reputeNuttyman54 has a reputation beyond reputeNuttyman54 has a reputation beyond reputeNuttyman54 has a reputation beyond reputeNuttyman54 has a reputation beyond reputeNuttyman54 has a reputation beyond reputeNuttyman54 has a reputation beyond reputeNuttyman54 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Nuttyman54

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbleedsalot
My team is not finished yet but it seems you guys could help me out, how do i program my robot to have a motor spin counter clockwise when i pull the trigger on the joystick, then released it stops turning the motor, and when i press the thumb button i want the motor to spin clockwise. I am using easyc and i was wondering how to write that code. Please help.
search in the easy-c section of the programming forum. if it's not there, post

Email | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Twitch
  #19   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-29-2006, 03:07 PM
AKA: David Hillman
FRC #1577 (Steampunk) & FRC #125 (NUTRONS)
Team Role: Mentor

David55 is a splendid one to beholdDavid55 is a splendid one to beholdDavid55 is a splendid one to beholdDavid55 is a splendid one to beholdDavid55 is a splendid one to beholdDavid55 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbleedsalot
if(p1_sw_trig==1)
pwm01=0;
else if(p1_sw_trig==0)
pwm01=127;

if(p1_sw_top==1)
pwm01=255;
else if(p1_sw_top==0)
pwm01=127;

This is how you would do it in mplab...not sure if it will work in easy c.

The "p1's" in the "if's" are dependent on what port your joystick is plugged into in the OI. If your joystick is plugged into port 2- change it to p2_sw_trig.

Also...the ""pwm01" should be changed to whatever pwm your motor is connected to. You should also check if the thumb button is p1_sw_top...it could also be p1_sw_aux1 or p1_sw_aux2.

Please tell me if I confused you and I will try to make it simpler.
  #20   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-29-2006, 05:59 PM
Kappa != 1/(4Pi-Epsilon-Naut)
AKA: Steve Graff
FRC #1111 (The Power Hawks)
Team Role: Alumni

Sgraff_SRHS06 is a jewel in the roughSgraff_SRHS06 is a jewel in the roughSgraff_SRHS06 is a jewel in the roughSgraff_SRHS06 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Sgraff_SRHS06 Send a message via Yahoo to Sgraff_SRHS06

When we mean finished, we mean "it's working in full, functional form," not "let's sell this as the next GM hybrid." And by the first definition, we're shooting for a completely-constructed bot by Thursday (and it gives me time to work on my other duties: awards.)

2006 Chesapeake Regional Semifinalists (Thank you 614 and 339!)

UM Class of 2010!!
  #21   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-29-2006, 07:03 PM
FRC #0939
Team Role: Student

sirbleedsalot has a spectacular aura aboutsirbleedsalot has a spectacular aura aboutsirbleedsalot has a spectacular aura about

I understand what you are saying, however i am not building it in MPLAB, if i was to build it there is there a defualt code that already is programmed to drive the bot. In easyc i need to know what to drag and drop into the code(pwm control, OI to Digital output, OI to analog, and that whole list) what i would drag and drop.
  #22   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-29-2006, 07:41 PM
Kappa != 1/(4Pi-Epsilon-Naut)
AKA: Steve Graff
FRC #1111 (The Power Hawks)

Sgraff_SRHS06 is a jewel in the roughSgraff_SRHS06 is a jewel in the roughSgraff_SRHS06 is a jewel in the roughSgraff_SRHS06 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Sgraff_SRHS06 Send a message via Yahoo to Sgraff_SRHS06

Then I cannot help much, since my team is not using much of the EasyC yet.

2006 Chesapeake Regional Semifinalists (Thank you 614 and 339!)

UM Class of 2010!!
  #23   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-30-2006, 06:24 AM
Mad Scientist
AKA: Me
FRC #3694 (Warbotz)

Daniel_LaFleur has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel_LaFleur has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel_LaFleur has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel_LaFleur has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel_LaFleur has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel_LaFleur has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel_LaFleur has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel_LaFleur has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel_LaFleur has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel_LaFleur has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel_LaFleur has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Daniel_LaFleur

Quote:
Originally Posted by David55
if(p1_sw_trig==1)
pwm01=0;
else if(p1_sw_trig==0)
pwm01=127;

if(p1_sw_top==1)
pwm01=255;
else if(p1_sw_top==0)
pwm01=127;

This is how you would do it in mplab...not sure if it will work in easy c.

The "p1's" in the "if's" are dependent on what port your joystick is plugged into in the OI. If your joystick is plugged into port 2- change it to p2_sw_trig.

Also...the ""pwm01" should be changed to whatever pwm your motor is connected to. You should also check if the thumb button is p1_sw_top...it could also be p1_sw_aux1 or p1_sw_aux2.

Please tell me if I confused you and I will try to make it simpler.
I would not use '0' or '255' as PWM #s. Use '1' and '254'. two '255's in a row indicate end of packet and can cause some erratic behavior.

I havent looked at easy C but you should be able to look at the code behind each icon and edit it, thus the code above should be useable.

Good luck.
  #24   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-30-2006, 08:17 AM
Deadlines? What are those?
AKA: Stephanie
FRC #0639 (Code Red Robotics)

StephLee has a reputation beyond reputeStephLee has a reputation beyond reputeStephLee has a reputation beyond reputeStephLee has a reputation beyond reputeStephLee has a reputation beyond reputeStephLee has a reputation beyond reputeStephLee has a reputation beyond reputeStephLee has a reputation beyond reputeStephLee has a reputation beyond reputeStephLee has a reputation beyond reputeStephLee has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to StephLee

Our robot can't drive yet.

We've got our priorities backwards; we have several of the harder aspects done to the point where they work decently well, but the "easier" things we have yet to finish. Now we're trying to get it to the point where we can have our drive team start playing with it to figure out what needs to be changed. We're way behind where we were this time last year, but that's because we're pushing our limits a lot more this year. I just hope it can move before ship date...
  #25   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-31-2006, 07:24 PM
Lead Mentor
FRC #0330 (The Beach Bots)

ShaneP is a splendid one to beholdShaneP is a splendid one to beholdShaneP is a splendid one to beholdShaneP is a splendid one to beholdShaneP is a splendid one to beholdShaneP is a splendid one to beholdShaneP is a splendid one to behold

I suppose you could say that robots are never done with, until they are permanently sitting in the robot grave yard.

But as for finished robots for this season, I doubt any team is done just yet. Even if they were, there would still be brainstorming of how to make it better.

Team 330
2005-2008: Student/Driver
2009-current: Mentor/Coach
  #26   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-31-2006, 08:45 PM
The Arizona Mentor
AKA: Andrew
FRC #0167 (Children of the Corn)

Rookie Year: 2004
Donut has a reputation beyond reputeDonut has a reputation beyond reputeDonut has a reputation beyond reputeDonut has a reputation beyond reputeDonut has a reputation beyond reputeDonut has a reputation beyond reputeDonut has a reputation beyond reputeDonut has a reputation beyond reputeDonut has a reputation beyond reputeDonut has a reputation beyond reputeDonut has a reputation beyond repute

We've already been informed by our mechanical group today that with how things are going building wise, we'll have ~3 days to actually test code. No finished robots anytime soon at our school.

We have most (or all) of the chassis built, the problem is electrical is way behind (all new people and difficulty in getting engineers in to help put us there), and they still have to finish alot of the "extra" parts that go on the chassis.

Programming we've managed to jump from no code to almost all manual control done in only 3 days.

I'll check Easy C tonight and try to figure that one out.
  #27   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-31-2006, 09:23 PM
no team

Bharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond reputeBharat Nain has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Bharat Nain Send a message via MSN to Bharat Nain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik
I've learned never to say never when it comes to FIRST teams. Frankly, I guarantee you that at least one team is done at this point.
That's correct. But I do not speak of team 25. Or do I...

Whatever you do, you need courage. Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising that tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires some of the same courage that a soldier needs. Peace has its victories, but it takes brave men and women to win them. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
  #28   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-31-2006, 10:11 PM
FRC #0095 (Grasshoppers)

Rookie Year: 2002
kaszeta is a glorious beacon of lightkaszeta is a glorious beacon of lightkaszeta is a glorious beacon of lightkaszeta is a glorious beacon of lightkaszeta is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut
We've already been informed by our mechanical group today that with how things are going building wise, we'll have ~3 days to actually test code. No finished robots anytime soon at our school.
3 days? That's 72 hours of pure testing! Luxury!

Two years ago, our team didn't finish our bot until the last hour of pit day (that's not really legal anymore), and we spent entirely too much time creatively shedding weight in the pits. So, as you might imagine, the code wasn't, err, optimal. Last year we had plenty of time with the kitbot, but the final bot wasn't really ready until ship day (with some substantial changes), so it was again a lot of pit engineering getting the code up to snuff.

That said, our team this year seems to be in good shape, especially with respect to the building, and the software is coming along nicely with incremental features added. This year's bot will never be "done", it will just keep getting better and better.
  #29   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-31-2006, 10:24 PM
is all over it.
AKA: Sarah Le
no team

LightWaves1636 is a splendid one to beholdLightWaves1636 is a splendid one to beholdLightWaves1636 is a splendid one to beholdLightWaves1636 is a splendid one to beholdLightWaves1636 is a splendid one to beholdLightWaves1636 is a splendid one to beholdLightWaves1636 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to LightWaves1636 Send a message via Yahoo to LightWaves1636

*gasp* robot? what robot? we were suppose to build a robot?

we've only began, but we'll get there.
  #30   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-01-2006, 09:29 PM
no team

NERD12345 is an unknown quantity at this point

well, our team isn't actually building a robot, we're covering our team leader in foil. so, technically we are finished. we just have to figure our shipping and handling packages.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: