OCCRA
Go to Post We can relate anything back to water, and by anything, I literally mean ANYTHING. Surfing around on Chief Delphi has proven that to me. - karomata [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Awards > Chairman's Award
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-02-2006, 07:54 AM
Serial Volunteer
AKA: Ed Patterson
FRC #0191 (X-Cats)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2002
Koko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond repute
So who do you think is the favorite to win this years Chairman's award?

Here are the nominies:
190 Gompei the H.E.R.D.
25 Raider Robotics
384 Sparky
492 Titans
842 Falcon Robotics
48 Delphi E.L.I.T.E.
340 G.R.R. Robotics
233 The Pink Team
66 Willow Run Robotics
365 M.O.E.
71 Team Hammond
236 Techno Ticks
45 Technokats
612 Robo Knights
217 THunderchickens
111 WIldstang
1002 The Circutrunners
192 G.R.T.
383 The Brazillian MAchine
245 Adamsbots
375 Robotic Plauge
514 RPM
812 The Midnight Mechanics
1114 Simbotics
1108 Panther Robotics
1657 Boeing & Mevoot Eron
159 Alpine Robotics
522 The Robowizards
79 The Navigators
922 ULTIMATE: United Longhorn Team Inspiring Mental Attitude Towards Engineering
1398 Robo-Raiders
357 Royal Assault
503 Frog Force

Well the first thing I notice is that the favorites from the last couple of years 118 and 341 are not in the mix making the race wide open. This year alot of "old warriors" in FIRST are getting thier just rewards and definately are at the top of the favorite list.
My pick goes to 45 the Technokats who were finalist in '94 and '96 and haven't had a sniff of a Chairman's since. Their good works are ledgendary and they are one of the greatest example of what is so great about FIRST.

Note: If you are going to toot your own team's horn feel free to do so but you have to tell us why. Not just because they're great. There's 32 other great teams here so that's a very weak reason. Build us a case why the team is great not just because you feel your team is being neglected.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-02-2006, 09:23 AM
Rich Ross
no team (The Rat Pack)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2003
pakrat is just really nicepakrat is just really nicepakrat is just really nicepakrat is just really nicepakrat is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to pakrat
Re: So who do you think is the favorite to win this years Chairman's award?

I feel that 1114 has a strong chance because they've been sewing patches of FIRST throughout their community and working hard to spread first's message. There will be another Niagra Team next year, and I think its clear to see that the triplets have become quite united, but at the same time, any one of them could function independently both on and off the field. Their sponsor recognition and FLL involvement is a great bonus as well. I hope that judges dont ignore this entry, and that they will make the best decision overall.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-02-2006, 10:36 AM
AKA: Dave Ellis
FRC #1002 (CircuitRunners)
Team Role: Parent

Rookie Year: 2004
dangerousdave has a reputation beyond reputedangerousdave has a reputation beyond reputedangerousdave has a reputation beyond reputedangerousdave has a reputation beyond reputedangerousdave has a reputation beyond reputedangerousdave has a reputation beyond reputedangerousdave has a reputation beyond reputedangerousdave has a reputation beyond reputedangerousdave has a reputation beyond reputedangerousdave has a reputation beyond reputedangerousdave has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, what an impressive list of CA winning teams. I really don't see how anybody can say their team deserves it more than others on this list because we just don't know most other teams history and what they do in the community.

The judges in Atlanta will have a very tough job finding a Championship CA winner. While any team would love to win it including 1002, what a legacy of teams there are in the running! Good luck to everyone!

Dave
FRC & FVC Team #1002 - The CircuitRunners - Wheeler High School, Marietta, GA
Friend of Team 2415 - Wiredcats Robotics - Westminster schools
2009 & 2010 FRC Peachtree Engineering Inspiration Award
2007 FRC Engineering Inspiration Awards - Peachtree & VCU Regional
2007 FVC Regional Inspire Award
2004, 2005 & 2006 Regional Chairman's Award Winner
2004 Championship Chairman's Award Honorable Mention - Atlanta

2006 Vex Challenge Award & Vex Competition Champions - Duluth, GA - Thanks teams 4 & 80
2004 Competition Winner - Peachtree Regional - Undefeated in 6 straight finals matches (Thanks to Teams #1057 & #1369)

I took my screen name from a MS-DOS based computer game that I played before most of you were born.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-02-2006, 10:45 AM
Grow Up? Why?
FRC #0610

Steve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond repute

If I voted with my heart I would choose 1114. I feel however that I have seen a lot from 1 team that puts them a little ahead of others I know or have seen. I will go out on a limb and say 217.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-02-2006, 10:50 AM
My Gaming Is FIRST!
AKA: Joey
FRC #0862 (Lightning Robotics)
Team Role: Coach

Joe J. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe J. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe J. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe J. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe J. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe J. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe J. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe J. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe J. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe J. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe J. has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Joe J.

Right now I think it will be 45, 71, or 217. Though somethings telling me 45 will win.

#6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-02-2006, 12:39 PM
3 Fs..... Fun Friends FIRST!!
AKA: Imad
FRC #0612
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2005
RoboMadi has a brilliant futureRoboMadi has a brilliant futureRoboMadi has a brilliant futureRoboMadi has a brilliant futureRoboMadi has a brilliant futureRoboMadi has a brilliant futureRoboMadi has a brilliant futureRoboMadi has a brilliant futureRoboMadi has a brilliant futureRoboMadi has a brilliant futureRoboMadi has a brilliant future

Those 32 teams up there are STAR teams. We all know the reason why, but choosing one of those stars is going to be really difficult. In my one and half year experience with FIRST, i learned that all teams contribute to wards their community in different ways, and they all deserve something.
I"m really not sure, if history can play an important role in determining whose the winners, but as Dean has said "At the end everyone is going to be a winner."
As part of Team 612, i see alot of competition out there. This is the first time in our 6 year history that we've made it to this point. But the way we've evolved in just one year, is one of its own example. I really don't care who wins the CA; our team is going to Atlanta to celebrate its victory as being part of FIRST, in fact we all are going there to celebrate out victories.
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-02-2006, 12:58 PM
updates this status less than FB!
AKA: the one who "will break into your thoughts..."
FRC #0237 (Black Magic)

Rookie Year: 2001
Elgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Elgin Clock

236.. They won Chairman's at multiple events for the past 4 years in a row. It's time to make them win at the national level to give someone else a chance at the regional level.

And I think they actually do deserve to win at the National level as well.

#8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-02-2006, 01:01 PM
FRC #0204
Team Role: Alumni

Freddy Schurr has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Schurr has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Schurr has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Schurr has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Schurr has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Schurr has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Schurr has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Schurr has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Schurr has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Schurr has a reputation beyond reputeFreddy Schurr has a reputation beyond repute

I believe that 357 deserves it this year!
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-02-2006, 01:04 PM
AKA: 2415
FRC #2415

santosh has a reputation beyond reputesantosh has a reputation beyond reputesantosh has a reputation beyond reputesantosh has a reputation beyond reputesantosh has a reputation beyond reputesantosh has a reputation beyond reputesantosh has a reputation beyond reputesantosh has a reputation beyond reputesantosh has a reputation beyond reputesantosh has a reputation beyond reputesantosh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to santosh

I am thinking that 612 and 236 may be the favorites to win it this year.
kiddies kiddies kiddies
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-02-2006, 01:05 PM
Always be shipping.
no team

Rookie Year: 1999
Jessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond repute

It really needs to go to one of the multiple-winners. I am curious to see if there is a decline in RCA entries at those events where a multiple-winner is attending.

But, it could really go either way. There's lots of great teams that recieved it this year!
Advisor, NE FIRST
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-02-2006, 07:19 PM
AKA: Mason Markee
FRC #0118 (Robonauts)

MasonMM has a reputation beyond reputeMasonMM has a reputation beyond reputeMasonMM has a reputation beyond reputeMasonMM has a reputation beyond reputeMasonMM has a reputation beyond reputeMasonMM has a reputation beyond reputeMasonMM has a reputation beyond reputeMasonMM has a reputation beyond reputeMasonMM has a reputation beyond reputeMasonMM has a reputation beyond reputeMasonMM has a reputation beyond repute

Well, i dont really know what all the teams have done, hopefully some of them will step up and let us know what they do. But from what i do knkow...

My vote goes with M.O.E. they relly have an outstanding program over there that has been building over the years and didn't they get Honorable Mention last year. They do Robot walk/run to raise awareness, they have the FYI (First Year Info base) set up for rookie teams, they are doing FLL tournaments, and much much more.

They are a famous team and everyone knows there bright color.

Sorry to dissappoint you Ed, that 118 wont be competing at the national level this year, but the Lone Star Region has a large number of teams competing and a lot of them have some high quality programs. If anything it will keep 118 working harder and hopefully we will be back ready to compete at the national level again next year.
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-02-2006, 08:28 PM
It's hard hat time here in Boston
AKA: DFB
FRC #0125 (NUTRONS)
Team Role: Engineer

Daniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Daniel Brim

I think 812 has a decent shot. They did win the championship EI two years ago and won SoCal twice in a row now. The description that was read was extremely impressive and won in a very stacked chairmans lineup of teams that have won regional chairmans in the past.
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-02-2006, 08:56 PM
Too young to be an 'old guy'
FRC #0155 (Technonuts)
Team Role: Teacher

Rookie Year: 1999
Jeff Rodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Rodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Rodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Rodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Rodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Rodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Rodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Rodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Rodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Rodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Rodriguez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Jeff Rodriguez Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff Rodriguez Send a message via Skype™ to Jeff Rodriguez

I'm gonna say either 192 or 383.
Most people have read the articles and things about 192, and if they did a bang up job on their submission, I think they would have a chance to win.
While I don't know much about the Brazilian Machine, they have to have played a big role in expanding FIRST in Brazil and South America. Bringing FIRST to another continent, that seems like a winner.
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-02-2006, 09:02 PM
I ᐸ3 Robots
AKA: Joey Gannon
no team

jgannon has a reputation beyond reputejgannon has a reputation beyond reputejgannon has a reputation beyond reputejgannon has a reputation beyond reputejgannon has a reputation beyond reputejgannon has a reputation beyond reputejgannon has a reputation beyond reputejgannon has a reputation beyond reputejgannon has a reputation beyond reputejgannon has a reputation beyond reputejgannon has a reputation beyond repute

My top 5: 236, 365, 217, 111, 383

236 has won four in a row. I'm certain it's not because there's a lack of competition in New England.
2007 Pittsburgh Website Award
2006 Pittsburgh Regional Champions (thanks to 395 and 1038)
2006 Pittsburgh Rookie Inspiration & Highest Rookie Seed

Team 1388 - Eagle Robotics
2005 Sacramento Engineering Inspiration
2004 Curie Division Champions (thanks to 1038 and 175)
2004 Sacramento Rookie All-Star

_
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-02-2006, 09:03 PM
Andy Baker's Avatar Woodie Flowers Award
President, AndyMark, Inc.
FRC #3940 (CyberTooth)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1998
Andy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Andy Baker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koko Ed
My pick goes to 45 the Technokats who were finalist in '94 and '96 and haven't had a sniff of a Chairman's since. Their good works are ledgendary and they are one of the greatest example of what is so great about FIRST.
Thanks, Ed. It was good to see you in Toronto this past weekend. Just to clarify, we did have a strong shot in 2002, winning the Regional CA at Midwest during the year 175 won the big prize.

As for who to win this year, there are many deserving teams. Looking down the list, I can cite reasons for each team to win. Judging the Championship CA must be the hardest thing to do in FIRST. I'd rather try to stop an alliance of 1114, 111, and 25 from scoring 3 pointers than to judge the CA between these teams.

I'll go out on a limb and make an underdog pick: 812

Andy B.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: