Go to Post I would proudly put an AndyMark sticker on our robot any day! - Andy Grady [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-15-2006, 11:14 AM
no team
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1996
Covey41 is a glorious beacon of lightCovey41 is a glorious beacon of lightCovey41 is a glorious beacon of lightCovey41 is a glorious beacon of lightCovey41 is a glorious beacon of light
FIRST Web site down due to Flooding

FIRST has taken down their web site due to flooding and the power company not able to ensure good/constant power.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-15-2006, 11:19 AM
back to school ;-)
FRC #0696 (Circuit Breakers)
Team Role: Teacher

Rookie Year: 2002
sanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond repute
Re: FIRST Web site down due to Flooding

Wow. That's too bad. I've always wondered why they don't have a remote dedicated server.
Student Mechanical Leader and Driver, Team 696 Circuit Breakers, 2002-2004

Support Team 696 on DonorsChoose!
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-15-2006, 11:20 AM
updates this status less than FB!
AKA: the one who "will break into your thoughts..."
FRC #0237 (Black Magic)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2001
Elgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Elgin Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by USFIRST.org
As of May 15, 2006, the FIRST offices and servers have been shut down due to impending flooding and/or power outages. As of now there is no estimated time of return.

I heard the Merrimack was cresting last night on the news and immediately wondered if it would affect FIRST in any way.

I guess I have my answer.

It's kind of funny too in a sense, as we were just discussing the flood of 02 in FIRST's headquarters the weekend if Nats, and the possible relevance to the game the following year.

My theory was that FIRST needed some storage totes to save stuff from the water that was coming in from the floor above them, and then someone was inspired to use those storage containers as game objects.

What will this flood mean for next year's game???
One can only speculate..

#4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-15-2006, 11:28 AM
Unsung FIRST Hero
Lets do this....
FRC #2848 (All-sparks)

Greg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Greg Needel Send a message via Skype™ to Greg Needel

yup. I got the day off of work because my office has standing water in it. DEKA is right next to the river, and when i got there this morning they wouldn't let us into the building, but apparently there is 4ft in the basement of the building, and standing water on the first floor (my floor). The ironic thing is that i work on the water project and we can't deal with a bit of water on the floor
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-15-2006, 11:30 AM
7 years, allready!!???!?!?!
AKA: Mongo
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2000
Greg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Greg Perkins Send a message via MSN to Greg Perkins Send a message via Yahoo to Greg Perkins

The Merrimack is supposed to crest about 10 feet above flood stage today into tommorow, Manchester is worried, if it gets much worse 3/4 of the mill yard will be devastated. I myself am high and dry, but the mighty Merrimack River is showing no mercy. I can't speak for Massachussetts, but in NH we as of today have 700 roads in NH closed because of impassable washouts, EVERY River is above flood stage, and 32 communities have been displaced since thursday. The one saving grace so far in this storm, is that all of our major dams have withstood the force *so far*. A few have shown concern, but have stood at this point. The town of Goffstown has closed EVERY road to residents, and only Emergency vehicles can traverse the roads. In Henniker NH, EVERY road in the town has some sort of damage making it almost impossible to commute to. This rain isnt supposed to stop until NEXT THURSDAY. Anybody wanna build an Ark with me?

XBOX Live Gamertag = TrixAre4Kidss
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-15-2006, 11:30 AM
Reject False Icons
no team

Rookie Year: 2001
Joe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond repute

AGAIN? I know FIRST doesn't have a lot of money, but still guys, think about maybe moving the servers to somewhere better, like, oh, Dean's house?

Well, that's bad news. I hope everything is alright.
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-15-2006, 11:41 AM
Onward through the fog.
FRC #0418 (LASA Robotics/Purple Haze)

JaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond repute

CNN.com is showing some really bad flooding. Bad.

I was thinking about posting and asking if everyone is ok......
Please keep us all posted -
Jane

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
~ Helen Keller
(1880-1968)
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-15-2006, 11:44 AM
7 years, allready!!???!?!?!
AKA: Mongo
no team

Greg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Greg Perkins Send a message via MSN to Greg Perkins Send a message via Yahoo to Greg Perkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane
CNN.com is showing some really bad flooding. Bad.

I was thinking about posting and asking if everyone is ok......
Please keep us all posted -
Jane
So far there has been no known fatalities. But the devastation is immensly growing.

This is a pic of what most roads in Henniker look like

Stairs leading to Arms Park in Manchester, this is the walk along the millyard, you can see how HIGH the water is

This is the Amoskeag Dam that feed the Merrimack just upstream from the Millyard, those trees shown are usually on an island above water

Another look at what most roads in NH look like in some way or another.

XBOX Live Gamertag = TrixAre4Kidss

Last edited by Greg Perkins : 05-15-2006 at 12:04 PM.
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-15-2006, 11:47 AM
no team

Rookie Year: 1996
Covey41 is a glorious beacon of lightCovey41 is a glorious beacon of lightCovey41 is a glorious beacon of lightCovey41 is a glorious beacon of lightCovey41 is a glorious beacon of light

Instead of negative replies/statements, let's all of us here on Chief Delphi wish the best of luck to everyone in the effected area including but not limited to: FIRST, DEKA, AutoDesk, and everyone who's home, health and love ones are at risk.

Maybe next years game will have something to do with water?

Imagine building a field, then flooding it with 2 feet of water!
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-15-2006, 11:49 AM
Win Anyway.
AKA: @WmLeverette, @GarnetSq, @SCRIW...
FRC #4901 (Garnet Squadron)

Rookie Year: 2004
Billfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond reputeBillfred has a reputation beyond repute

I'm willing to bet that if FIRST was considering a water game before, they'll be sick of it by the end of that storm.

I hope everyone and everything up there bounces back quickly.
Billfred's World Tour: USC Kickoff Palmetto CMP Robot Rodeo Manchester Kickoff Florida Palmetto CMP Capital Clash USC Kickoff FVC Orangeburg Florida Peachtree Palmetto CMP Mission Mayhem Exploding Bacon Vex Event Duel on the Delaware CalGames USC Kickoff Florida Chesapeake Palmetto CMP BattleCry Mission Mayhem Brunswick Eruption 6 Clemson Kickoff Chesapeake Palmetto CMP IRI TNT Greenville Tech Scrimmage Bayou Palmetto CMP IRI GRITS TNT Bayou Palmetto CMP IRI Citadel Kickoff Peachtree Palmetto CMP IRI TNT SCRIW Citadel Kickoff Peachtree Palmetto Championship IRI SCRIW II Chapin Kickoff Palmetto South Florida IRI SCRIW III Chapin Kickoff SC FTC CMP Palmetto SC FLL CMP Orlando CMP IRI? SCRIW IV (48,749.9 miles)

Rule #1: Do not die. Rule #2: Be respectful. Rule #3: Be safe. Rule #4: Follow the handbook.
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-15-2006, 01:18 PM
probably needs a new WAI
FRC #0075 (RoboRaiders)

Rookie Year: 2006
Rohith Surampudi has a reputation beyond reputeRohith Surampudi has a reputation beyond reputeRohith Surampudi has a reputation beyond reputeRohith Surampudi has a reputation beyond reputeRohith Surampudi has a reputation beyond reputeRohith Surampudi has a reputation beyond reputeRohith Surampudi has a reputation beyond reputeRohith Surampudi has a reputation beyond reputeRohith Surampudi has a reputation beyond reputeRohith Surampudi has a reputation beyond reputeRohith Surampudi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Rohith Surampudi

yikes

Thats a recent picture of the area...wow i hope everybody out there stays safe and dry.
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-15-2006, 01:59 PM
misses FIRST
AKA: HOT's first female operator
FRC #0067 (HOT- Heroes of Tomorrow)

Rookie Year: 1998
anna~marie has a reputation beyond reputeanna~marie has a reputation beyond reputeanna~marie has a reputation beyond reputeanna~marie has a reputation beyond reputeanna~marie has a reputation beyond reputeanna~marie has a reputation beyond reputeanna~marie has a reputation beyond reputeanna~marie has a reputation beyond reputeanna~marie has a reputation beyond reputeanna~marie has a reputation beyond reputeanna~marie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to anna~marie

and I thought I was getting sick of the rain here in MI

#13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-15-2006, 02:06 PM
Big Daddy
FRC #0176 (Aces High)

BobC is a name known to allBobC is a name known to allBobC is a name known to allBobC is a name known to allBobC is a name known to allBobC is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to BobC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgin Clock

I heard the Merrimack was cresting last night on the news and immediately wondered if it would affect FIRST in any way.

I guess I have my answer.

It's kind of funny too in a sense, as we were just discussing the flood of 02 in FIRST's headquarters the weekend if Nats, and the possible relevance to the game the following year.

My theory was that FIRST needed some storage totes to save stuff from the water that was coming in from the floor above them, and then someone was inspired to use those storage containers as game objects.

What will this flood mean for next year's game???
One can only speculate..
Noah and building an Ark sound familiar??

1999 National Champions
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-15-2006, 02:09 PM
Brandon Martus's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
busy.
AKA: B. Slash Kamen
no team

Brandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Brandon Martus Send a message via AIM to Brandon Martus Send a message via Yahoo to Brandon Martus Send a message via Skype™ to Brandon Martus

Quote:
Originally Posted by anna~marie
and I thought I was getting sick of the rain here in MI
10 more days of rain, according to weather.com
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-15-2006, 02:11 PM
misses FIRST
AKA: HOT's first female operator
FRC #0067 (HOT- Heroes of Tomorrow)

anna~marie has a reputation beyond reputeanna~marie has a reputation beyond reputeanna~marie has a reputation beyond reputeanna~marie has a reputation beyond reputeanna~marie has a reputation beyond reputeanna~marie has a reputation beyond reputeanna~marie has a reputation beyond reputeanna~marie has a reputation beyond reputeanna~marie has a reputation beyond reputeanna~marie has a reputation beyond reputeanna~marie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to anna~marie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Martus
10 more days of rain, according to weather.com
shoot me.
hasn't it rained enough yet?!
guess I shouldn't be complaining...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: