OCCRA
Go to Post Winning a competition is great, but seeing kids who never thought they had a chance before suddenly discover a brand new future would be the most amazing experience. - MissInformation [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > FRC Game Design
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #61   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-02-2006, 04:35 PM
Good old Parker
AKA: Michael
FRC #0233 (The Pink Team)
Team Role: Driver

Rookie Year: 2006
hoorayforpink is a splendid one to beholdhoorayforpink is a splendid one to beholdhoorayforpink is a splendid one to beholdhoorayforpink is a splendid one to beholdhoorayforpink is a splendid one to beholdhoorayforpink is a splendid one to beholdhoorayforpink is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to hoorayforpink
Re: pic: 2007 Game Hint?

i say the robot has to carry a banana to a point on the field drop it and try to peel it without slipping in to a water barrier

ya i dont know
  #62   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-03-2006, 09:05 AM
FIRST's Spare, Queuer & Tech guy =)
AKA: Mike M. / Mouse =)
no team (FRC Volunteer)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2001
mtaman02 has a brilliant futuremtaman02 has a brilliant futuremtaman02 has a brilliant futuremtaman02 has a brilliant futuremtaman02 has a brilliant futuremtaman02 has a brilliant futuremtaman02 has a brilliant futuremtaman02 has a brilliant futuremtaman02 has a brilliant futuremtaman02 has a brilliant futuremtaman02 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to mtaman02 Send a message via Yahoo to mtaman02

Key Words Slip, Peeling and Bunch - Known Colors Red Blue and Green - Confusion Sets in on a very tired brain
FRC: NYC Remote Kickoff '04 & NYC Regionals '04-'07 ,'10-'13 & NJ Regionals '06-'10, Finger Lakes Regional '09 & SBPLI Regional '08-'13 and the World Championship in '05 (Galileo Field) '07 (Newton Field) '09 (Practice Fields Attendant / FTA(A)), CeBIT Convention in '04 & NextFEST in '06 both held @ the Javitts Center, Monty Madness '07-'10, Panda-monium '08, B.Eruption '08 & '09, Ramp Riot '08, PARC '09 & '10, BR^2 '09 & Wol. Inv. '09 -'12
2013 FIRST Robotics Off Season Events that I hope to volunteer at:
Where is Wolcott Invitational
2013 FIRST Robotics Events that I will be volunteering at:
SBPLI Reg.
Volunteer Resume:
Alt & Lead Team Queuer, Field Repair/Reset, Field Setup/Breakdown, Spare Parts Attendant, Field Power Controller/Score Keeper, Co-Emcee & Official Scorer, Control System Advisor, FIRST Tech Advisor Assistant & recently Practice Field Attendant.
  #63   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-03-2006, 12:18 PM
probably needs a new WAI
FRC #0075 (RoboRaiders)

Rookie Year: 2006
Rohith Surampudi has a reputation beyond reputeRohith Surampudi has a reputation beyond reputeRohith Surampudi has a reputation beyond reputeRohith Surampudi has a reputation beyond reputeRohith Surampudi has a reputation beyond reputeRohith Surampudi has a reputation beyond reputeRohith Surampudi has a reputation beyond reputeRohith Surampudi has a reputation beyond reputeRohith Surampudi has a reputation beyond reputeRohith Surampudi has a reputation beyond reputeRohith Surampudi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Rohith Surampudi

there are white dots on the clown fish like thing...as far as i know clown fish dont have circular markings.
  #64   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-05-2006, 10:50 PM
Mechanical/Photographer/Photoshoper
AKA: LJ (Little John)
FRC #0100 (The Wildhats)

Rookie Year: 2005
spinmunky will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to spinmunky Send a message via MSN to spinmunky Send a message via Yahoo to spinmunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Blair
Wow, great observation! I really do think that thats a legitamate reflection! You could definently get a reflection like that in MAX. Hmmm, maybe, maybe...
wow your really observant! it took me a bit to find it after u told us about it! very interesting about the colors.. maybe he wasn't kidding about the different colored lights or maybe the balls are going to be different colors and we have to shoot or place them in their appropriate colored goals.
  #65   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-05-2006, 11:05 PM
Mechanical/Photographer/Photoshoper
AKA: LJ (Little John)
FRC #0100 (The Wildhats)

spinmunky will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to spinmunky Send a message via MSN to spinmunky Send a message via Yahoo to spinmunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlavery
Just to make sure that I don't slip up and give away too much, are you a-peeling for one clue or a bunch?

-dave
i have some more thoughts after re-reading this. i think that the blue line in the middle will be a river which might explain the slip part. and i think that u can't cross this river and u have to use an arm or something to grab different colored fish on the other side held down by Velcro or something sticky which might go with the peeling part. and about the bunch part.. maybe if u can grab more than on fish at a time u get more points? now i have no idea about the banana....maybe there could be some banana like obstacles on the field?
  #66   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-06-2006, 02:30 PM
Builder of a Sweet Drive Train
AKA: Katie
FRC #0116 (Epsilon Delta)
Team Role: Student

|20807 61|2|_ is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to |20807 61|2|_ Send a message via Yahoo to |20807 61|2|_

Quote:
Just to make sure that I don't slip up and give away too much, are you a-peeling for one clue or a bunch?

-dave
This game just gets crazier everytime we get a new hint. Maybe we are stuck in one place? Or mabye a floor with no traction?i still don't know.

~*Kate*~
  #67   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-15-2006, 09:00 PM
FRC Mentor
AKA: Dylan Stoll
FRC #0830 (Rat Pack)
Team Role: Mentor

Dylan has much to be proud ofDylan has much to be proud ofDylan has much to be proud ofDylan has much to be proud ofDylan has much to be proud ofDylan has much to be proud ofDylan has much to be proud ofDylan has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Dylan Send a message via Yahoo to Dylan

I don't think a water game will happen for the following reasons:

A) Practice fields would be INSANELY hard to construct, because in addition to the field elements, teams would have to basically build a POOL to test their robot in.

B) It occurs to me that dripping wet robots being constantly wheeled to and from the field would create an enormous wet floor hazard throughout the pits.

C) Aside from the obvious problems of robots sinking and then needing their entire electrical system replaced, the water would quickly become polluted with grease and who knows what else. Besides the "yuck" factor, how would FIRST dispose of this water after the event?

D) Considering how much damage was done to the fields this year, I shudder to think what could happen with a water filled field. (Tsunami!! )

"You can't spread Democracy with the barrel of a gun" ~ Helen Thomas

2006 Great Lakes Regional Semi-Finalists (Thanks to our allies: Team 66 and Team 68)
Thanks 469 for lending us your old OI in ATL!
  #68   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-15-2006, 09:09 PM
Mentor, Tactician
AKA: Evan "Numbers" Morrison
FRC #1983 (Skunk Works Robotics) and FRC #0971 (Spartan Robotics)

Nuttyman54 has a reputation beyond reputeNuttyman54 has a reputation beyond reputeNuttyman54 has a reputation beyond reputeNuttyman54 has a reputation beyond reputeNuttyman54 has a reputation beyond reputeNuttyman54 has a reputation beyond reputeNuttyman54 has a reputation beyond reputeNuttyman54 has a reputation beyond reputeNuttyman54 has a reputation beyond reputeNuttyman54 has a reputation beyond reputeNuttyman54 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Nuttyman54

Quote:
Originally Posted by |20807 61|2|_
This game just gets crazier everytime we get a new hint. Maybe we are stuck in one place? Or mabye a floor with no traction?i still don't know.
an all HDPE floor would be awsome. If they had that, I think it would be the first year since 1992 that they wouldn't have carpeting as the main field cover...

Email | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Twitch
  #69   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-15-2006, 09:52 PM
Onward through the fog.
FRC #0418 (LASA Robotics/Purple Haze)

Rookie Year: 2002
JaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond repute

I love to look up words in dictionaries and find things to think about, has anyone done this with these words?

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
~ Helen Keller
(1880-1968)

Last edited by JaneYoung : 05-16-2006 at 06:16 AM.
  #70   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-16-2006, 01:19 AM
Pocket Full of Tools
FRC #0604 (Quixilver)
Team Role: College Student

Gabe has a reputation beyond reputeGabe has a reputation beyond reputeGabe has a reputation beyond reputeGabe has a reputation beyond reputeGabe has a reputation beyond reputeGabe has a reputation beyond reputeGabe has a reputation beyond reputeGabe has a reputation beyond reputeGabe has a reputation beyond reputeGabe has a reputation beyond reputeGabe has a reputation beyond repute

HOW DID THE WATER IDEA GET STARTED???
I noticed that everyone here is talking about a water based challenge sometime in the future. Why is this? There must have been some rumor or story that I never heard about. I really would like to know why everyone seems to take this idea so seriously. I'm not criticizing either FIRST or any one individual. I just really want to know the reason why WATER is being anticipated.

What I would like someone to do is to reply to this on this post and include links to other threads within this forum where I may find the story behind the idea of the water based challenge.
  #71   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-16-2006, 09:24 AM
FIRST on my mind
AKA: Evan Raitt
no team

Tetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond repute

Water can not be a possibility. The safely percautions, the extra materials, the necessity to make robots water-tight and protection from electricty. It would be a mess I can't see FIRST doing. Teams that can't build so wonderous carpet robots will have a heck of a time with water bots.
  #72   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-16-2006, 09:45 AM
Curmudgeon
FRC #0116 (Epsilon Delta)

Rookie Year: 1996
dlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond repute

For a quick reprise of the never ending discussion about a water-based game, you can read through this thread. And for all those that believe that a water-based game is an absolute impossibility, I would recommend that you pay particular attention to Post #11 in that thread.

Nothing is "impossible." "Highly improbable" is just the start of an interesting intellectual exercize.

-dave (I am still holding out for the jello-based game)
"I know what you're thinking, punk," hissed Wordy Harry to his new editor, "you're thinking, 'Did he use six superfluous adjectives or only five?' - and to tell the truth, I forgot myself in all this excitement; but being as this is English, the most powerful language in the world, whose subtle nuances will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' - well do you, punk?"
- Stuart Vasepuru, 2006 Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest

My OTHER CAR is still on Mars!!!
  #73   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-16-2006, 11:54 AM
FIRST on my mind
AKA: Evan Raitt
no team

Tetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond repute

I just got pwned by Dave...how awesome is that?!

I don't think FIRST would still have a water game though.
  #74   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-16-2006, 01:02 PM
no team (NEW Apple Corps)

Katie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond reputeKatie Reynolds has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Katie Reynolds Send a message via Yahoo to Katie Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetraman
I don't think FIRST would still have a water game though.
I told Dave at IRI 2002 I didn't think FIRST would lower robot weight, either.

I said something like, "It would throw off veteran teams and - for rookies - it's hard enough to meet the 130 lb limit, as it is!"

Dave said, "Hm, interesting ..." and walked away.
Team #93 - NEW Apple Corps
Student - 2001-2004
Team #857 - Superior Roboworks
Mentor - 2006-2009
  #75   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-16-2006, 02:44 PM
is getting lost in her new home
FRC #0116 (Epsilon Delta), #1504 (alum), #67 (alum)

Rookie Year: 2003
Beth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I am still holding out for the jello-based game
You only want a jello based game so that you can eat the jello at the end of the competition

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: