OCCRA
Go to Post If you want to change the culture sometimes you need to change a little yourself - Koko Ed [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#31   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-16-2006, 01:50 PM
Engineering Tech
FRC #0122 (NASA Knights)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 1997
D.Fahringer is a glorious beacon of lightD.Fahringer is a glorious beacon of lightD.Fahringer is a glorious beacon of lightD.Fahringer is a glorious beacon of lightD.Fahringer is a glorious beacon of lightD.Fahringer is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Loss of a team member

Very sorry to hear of Griffens passing, so young, and so dedicated to the ideals of FIRST, I am sure I speak for Team 122 when I express our most sincere condolences and sympathy to Baxter, the rest of his family and to all members of Team 116.

Dave F.
  #32   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-16-2006, 04:39 PM
Mike Martus's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
FRC #0051 (Wings of Fire)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 1996
Mike Martus has a reputation beyond reputeMike Martus has a reputation beyond reputeMike Martus has a reputation beyond reputeMike Martus has a reputation beyond reputeMike Martus has a reputation beyond reputeMike Martus has a reputation beyond reputeMike Martus has a reputation beyond reputeMike Martus has a reputation beyond reputeMike Martus has a reputation beyond reputeMike Martus has a reputation beyond reputeMike Martus has a reputation beyond repute

To lose any member of a family, friend, fellow robotics member is a tragic hard to deal with event. All of us in the community of FIRST feel the impact and wish to share our deepest thoughts to the family and close friends that are dealing with this loss.

We are here to support each other.
  #33   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-16-2006, 10:31 PM
Jack of all trades...Master of none
AKA: Robert
FRC #1745 (P-51 Mustangs)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2000
Tazlikesrobots has much to be proud ofTazlikesrobots has much to be proud ofTazlikesrobots has much to be proud ofTazlikesrobots has much to be proud ofTazlikesrobots has much to be proud ofTazlikesrobots has much to be proud ofTazlikesrobots has much to be proud ofTazlikesrobots has much to be proud ofTazlikesrobots has much to be proud of
Send a message via Yahoo to Tazlikesrobots

On behalf of team 1745 I send our condolences.
2006 Rookie All-Star - Lone Star Regional
2007 Lone Star Regional Champions
2008 Quarter-finalist - Lone Star Regional
2009 Chairman's Award & Website Award - Dallas Regional
2009 Quarter-finalist - Dallas Regional
2010 - Xerox Creativity Award & Semi-finalist - Dallas Regional
  #34   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-17-2006, 09:58 PM
Builder of a Sweet Drive Train
AKA: Katie
FRC #0116 (Epsilon Delta)
Team Role: Student

Rookie Year: 2005
|20807 61|2|_ is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to |20807 61|2|_ Send a message via Yahoo to |20807 61|2|_

Griffen was one of the greatest men that I have ever known. I only met him once but he was the nicest, funniest, and coolest guys ever. I knew him both through band stories and the few robotics meetings that he came to. We all love him and miss him very much. He will always be in our hearts.

RIP Griffen.

~*Kate*~
  #35   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-18-2006, 06:01 AM
None #0116
Team Role: Engineer

seanwitte has a brilliant futureseanwitte has a brilliant futureseanwitte has a brilliant futureseanwitte has a brilliant futureseanwitte has a brilliant futureseanwitte has a brilliant futureseanwitte has a brilliant futureseanwitte has a brilliant futureseanwitte has a brilliant futureseanwitte has a brilliant futureseanwitte has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to seanwitte

When I started working with team 116 Griffin was one of the few students who went out of his way to try and get to know me and make me feel welcome. He was a character, but he always listened to what I had to say. He will be missed.

Here is a link to a local newspaper story about him:
http://www.observernews.com/stories/...6/obrien.shtml
  #36   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-18-2006, 05:12 PM
#8 Alliance For Life
AKA: Sean Lavery
FRC #1712 (DAWGMA)

Rookie Year: 2003
Lil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Lil' Lavery

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanwitte
Here is a link to a local newspaper story about him:
http://www.observernews.com/stories/...6/obrien.shtml
That article was on the front page of the Herndon Observer (and no, we're not THAT small of a town), a testament to how well known he was. His funeral this morning was one of the best attended any of us have ever seen.
  #37   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-23-2006, 06:23 PM
Mentor, coach, whatever--
FRC #0233 ("The Pink Team")

Rookie Year: 1996
Kit Gerhart has a reputation beyond reputeKit Gerhart has a reputation beyond reputeKit Gerhart has a reputation beyond reputeKit Gerhart has a reputation beyond reputeKit Gerhart has a reputation beyond reputeKit Gerhart has a reputation beyond reputeKit Gerhart has a reputation beyond reputeKit Gerhart has a reputation beyond reputeKit Gerhart has a reputation beyond reputeKit Gerhart has a reputation beyond reputeKit Gerhart has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kit Gerhart

The death of any young adult is exceptionally sad. The person has gone through so much, yet so much more lies ahead. I only met Griffen a time or two, but he was so, well, vibrant, that I remember who he was. All the comments on this thread confirm my positive impressions of him.

I send my condolences to Griffen's family and team members, and it is wonderful to see that a benefit fund is being established in his name for his team.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: