OCCRA
Go to Post So is this how cRIOs are made? - pSYeNCe [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Other > Chit-Chat
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #151   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-24-2007, 09:01 PM
Onward through the fog.
FRC #0418 (LASA Robotics/Purple Haze)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2002
JaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I am a geek because...

a geek haiku would
not be unusual for
geeks to contemplate

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
~ Helen Keller
(1880-1968)

Last edited by JaneYoung : 01-24-2007 at 10:40 PM. Reason: word change
  #152   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-29-2007, 05:34 PM
FRC #0191 (X-Cats)

Rookie Year: 2005
kyleg242 will become famous soon enoughkyleg242 will become famous soon enough

I thougt of somemore after my last meeting...

you have more thumbdrives than fingers,

you spend allmost as much time looking for upgrades as you do at you team site,

you can rember what any piece of code is that you had to write for midterm but can't quite remember what you had for dinner last night .

More to come?
  #153   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-29-2007, 05:43 PM
meE wEr HeER
FRC #0116 (Epsilon Delta)
Team Role: Animator

Rookie Year: 2007
raymaniac is a splendid one to beholdraymaniac is a splendid one to beholdraymaniac is a splendid one to beholdraymaniac is a splendid one to beholdraymaniac is a splendid one to beholdraymaniac is a splendid one to beholdraymaniac is a splendid one to behold

I'm a 9th grader in a computer class that's only supposed to be for 10th graders and up

I have the highest grade in my Algebra II class, which is made up of 10th and 11th graders (and one other 9th grader (also in FIRST))

Everyone have fun at the regionals Atlanta. Or else...
Vote for 116's animation!!!
  #154   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-29-2007, 09:08 PM
Kaboom!
AKA: Nick Fisher
FRC #0237 (TRIBE/sie-h20-bots)
Team Role: Mechanical

Rookie Year: 2005
FISHER 237 is a jewel in the roughFISHER 237 is a jewel in the roughFISHER 237 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by EHaskins View Post
If that doesn't make me a geek I don't know what would.
...snowboarding in a banana suit
  #155   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-30-2007, 03:55 PM
meE wEr HeER

raymaniac is a splendid one to beholdraymaniac is a splendid one to beholdraymaniac is a splendid one to beholdraymaniac is a splendid one to beholdraymaniac is a splendid one to beholdraymaniac is a splendid one to beholdraymaniac is a splendid one to behold

I've got some more!
  1. I make programs on my TI83+ when I get bored in math class
  2. My calculator is filled with programs because of 1, the only ones of which are actually somewhat useful are 3 and 4
  3. My calculator has an uncompleated program that can calculate the score of an aliance for this year's game (not the best program, but oh well)
  4. I spent a couple months of boring classes making an RPG on my calcultor (not as good as most of the actual games that are downloaded on my calculator, but it's still an acomplishment)
  5. It is nearly impossable for my mom and siblings to do any work on a computer without asking me for help with something (even if it's only MSpaint)
  6. I am constantly teaching my family how to do things on a computer (eg. keyboard shortcuts)
  7. I try to find ways to do all my school projects on a computer
  8. I have used screenshots and other pictures from Age of Mythology (and the expansion pack) in 3 of my projects this year (and gotten good grades on all of them)
  9. I have used pictures from other video games in some projects too, but not as much
  10. I can't get through one World Civilizations class without coneecting what we are learning to Age of Empires and/or Age of Mythology
  11. When I'm with my freinds I call my flash drive my bling
  12. I've replied to this thread twice within the past 24 hours
There are probably more to come...

#156   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-30-2007, 11:36 PM
no team ((no team))

Rookie Year: 2006
Éowyn is a splendid one to beholdÉowyn is a splendid one to beholdÉowyn is a splendid one to beholdÉowyn is a splendid one to beholdÉowyn is a splendid one to beholdÉowyn is a splendid one to beholdÉowyn is a splendid one to behold

I am a geek because of FIRST! Seriously, I was reeaalllllyyy boring before robotics. Not mechanically inclined at all. Now I love it!
  #157   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-30-2007, 11:53 PM
Perpetually Stunned Speechless
AKA: Joeseph Smith
FRC #0066

Rookie Year: 2001
JoeXIII'007 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeXIII'007 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeXIII'007 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeXIII'007 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeXIII'007 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeXIII'007 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeXIII'007 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeXIII'007 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeXIII'007 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeXIII'007 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeXIII'007 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to JoeXIII'007

First of all, kudos for the revival of a 5 year old thread...

Secondly, there's one reason why I am a geek: I gave Leo Laporte a week watching The Screen Savers and Call For Help back in the year when this thread was created, and I became a geek, a VERY happy one at that.

#158   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-30-2007, 11:55 PM
Reject False Icons
no team

Rookie Year: 2001
Joe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond repute

I'm listening to a song that is about rods and cones and the unique phenomenon persistance of vision...
  #159   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-31-2007, 02:59 PM
meE wEr HeER

• Whenever I mess up in school, people say it's a sign of the apocalypse
  • People have finally started to realize I don't consider 'geek' an insult
  • I can remember most of the theorems and formulas from my geometry class last year, but not vocabulary for Spanish class this year
  • I learn how to use computer programs by messing around with them for ten minutes
  • When I was young, before I had any video games, I would entertain myself by playing with Microsoft Word
  • I have responded to this thread three times within the past 48 hours

#160   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-31-2007, 10:57 PM
Lunatic! Lunatic!
AKA: Taylor Tsuboi
FRC #1293 (D5 Robotics)
Team Role: Student

taylort has a reputation beyond reputetaylort has a reputation beyond reputetaylort has a reputation beyond reputetaylort has a reputation beyond reputetaylort has a reputation beyond reputetaylort has a reputation beyond reputetaylort has a reputation beyond reputetaylort has a reputation beyond reputetaylort has a reputation beyond reputetaylort has a reputation beyond reputetaylort has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to taylort Send a message via MSN to taylort Send a message via Yahoo to taylort Send a message via Skype™ to taylort

1. I have 2 computers of my own...and run Ubuntu (Linux) on them both.
10. I found four grammatical and spelling errors on my Language Arts midterm exam....before I even got to the error correction section (and then found another later)
11. I program. (Python, (X)HTML (not technically a programming language but I know it), XML, CSS, JavaScript, ASP, some PHP, and some C (for Robotics, duh)
100. I know all of the lyrics to "White and Nerdy"--and acknowledge that it's my theme song.
101. I am the webmaster of four different websites, and do some work (I'm not the webmaster of it, though) on my team's website: http://d5robotics.org/
110. It's been said that my bio on my team's site is the best designed out of all of the team members. (Though I'm still working on it)
111. I have a habit of looking at the source of every single web page I visit....
1000. I just realized that I should number these in binary.
1001. I numbered these in binary.
1010. A girl asked for my number and I gave it to her--in binary, hexadecimal, and octal. Needless to say, she never called me.
1011. I know that I'm forgetting some more reasons.
<edit reason="remembered some">
1100. I once wore my safety glasses all day during school. And on another occasion, I wore safety goggles to lunch with the team.
</edit>

Last edited by taylort : 01-31-2007 at 11:05 PM.
  #161   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-31-2007, 11:00 PM
AKA: Zander Guerra
FRC #0108 (Sigmac@t)

zander_108 will become famous soon enoughzander_108 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to zander_108 Send a message via AIM to zander_108

I am a geek because im on a forum site about robots. lol
  #162   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-01-2007, 08:45 AM
One T
AKA: Mat
no team
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2004
65_Xero_Huskie has a reputation beyond repute65_Xero_Huskie has a reputation beyond repute65_Xero_Huskie has a reputation beyond repute65_Xero_Huskie has a reputation beyond repute65_Xero_Huskie has a reputation beyond repute65_Xero_Huskie has a reputation beyond repute65_Xero_Huskie has a reputation beyond repute65_Xero_Huskie has a reputation beyond repute65_Xero_Huskie has a reputation beyond repute65_Xero_Huskie has a reputation beyond repute65_Xero_Huskie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylort View Post
1. I have 2 computers of my own...and run Ubuntu (Linux) on them both.
10. I found four grammatical and spelling errors on my Language Arts midterm exam....before I even got to the error correction section (and then found another later)
11. I program. (Python, (X)HTML (not technically a programming language but I know it), XML, CSS, JavaScript, ASP, some PHP, and some C (for Robotics, duh)
100. I know all of the lyrics to "White and Nerdy"--and acknowledge that it's my theme song.
101. I am the webmaster of four different websites, and do some work (I'm not the webmaster of it, though) on my team's website: http://d5robotics.org/
110. It's been said that my bio on my team's site is the best designed out of all of the team members. (Though I'm still working on it)
111. I have a habit of looking at the source of every single web page I visit....
1000. I just realized that I should number these in binary.
1001. I numbered these in binary.
1010. A girl asked for my number and I gave it to her--in binary, hexadecimal, and octal. Needless to say, she never called me.
1011. I know that I'm forgetting some more reasons.
<edit reason="remembered some">
1100. I once wore my safety glasses all day during school. And on another occasion, I wore safety goggles to lunch with the team.
</edit>
Im a geek because i actually knew this was binary before reading your post.
Im a geek because whenever my friends have computer problems, they call me for help.
Im a geek because i fix my work schedule around the crazy 6 week build season.
  #163   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-01-2007, 09:00 PM
AKA: Sam "tha Man"
FRC #1569 (Haywire)

wtfsam_tha_man is an unknown quantity at this point

i'm a NERD because i refer to the FIRST Manual as the Bible,
I'm a NERD because the gift i got most excited about this christmas was my jumpdrive, and because i'm on a robotics team, need i say more???!!! I have a counter on my myspace until the next kickoff...
  #164   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-01-2007, 09:01 PM
AKA: Sam "tha Man"
FRC #1569 (Haywire)

wtfsam_tha_man is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah..i'm a nerd...not a geek!!!!!!!
  #165   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-01-2007, 09:13 PM
trilogism