Go to Post P.S. While I doubt Karthik's "Delgado" jersey would go for $500,000... it would be much cooler to see Carlos Degado wearing a "Kanagasabapathy" jersey. THAT I might pay for! - dtengineering [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > ChiefDelphi.com Website > Extra Discussion
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-22-2007, 04:28 PM
,':-)
AKA: C. Carey
FRC #0306 (CRT)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2004
Cody Carey has a reputation beyond reputeCody Carey has a reputation beyond reputeCody Carey has a reputation beyond reputeCody Carey has a reputation beyond reputeCody Carey has a reputation beyond reputeCody Carey has a reputation beyond reputeCody Carey has a reputation beyond reputeCody Carey has a reputation beyond reputeCody Carey has a reputation beyond reputeCody Carey has a reputation beyond reputeCody Carey has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Cody Carey Send a message via Yahoo to Cody Carey
pic: Solution to FIRST's radio woes.

#2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-22-2007, 04:31 PM
Addicted to FIRST!
FRC #1126 (SparX)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2006
Jeremytice is a name known to allJeremytice is a name known to allJeremytice is a name known to allJeremytice is a name known to allJeremytice is a name known to allJeremytice is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Jeremytice Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremytice
Re: pic: Solution to FIRST's radio woes.

Haha yea thats a great idea haha. We had so many problems with our radios that we used the older radios to practice. We are going to send our radios in and get new ones from IFI.

2006 SparX FLR champions with 229 and 1567 after being seeded 1st and Radio shack innovation in controls at FLR

2006 Galileo Division-DIVISION CHAMPION (thanks to 177 and 201)
2006 BattleCry great alliance 1519 and 195.
2006 RCCR hometown champs with 378 and 2567
2007 FLR Innovation in Contols award
2007 Buckeye General Motors Industrial Design Award
2007 Buckeye Finalist with 1038 and 1528
2007 Galileo quarterfinalists with 229 and 191
2008 FLR finalists with 378 and 1551
2008 Buckeye Champs with 1024, 1386, and 2048
2008 Buckeye Motorola Quality Award
2008 IRI Finalists with 1024 , 1625, and 1731
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-22-2007, 06:44 PM
RyanN
AKA: Ryan Nazaretian
FRC #0364 (Team Fusion)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2005
RyanN has a reputation beyond reputeRyanN has a reputation beyond reputeRyanN has a reputation beyond reputeRyanN has a reputation beyond reputeRyanN has a reputation beyond reputeRyanN has a reputation beyond reputeRyanN has a reputation beyond reputeRyanN has a reputation beyond reputeRyanN has a reputation beyond reputeRyanN has a reputation beyond reputeRyanN has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to RyanN

At the end of this season, I'm going to take apart the new radio and an old radio to see what the big difference is between the two designs. I think it's crazy that the new ones are about the size of the controller itself. And yes, I'm aware that they switched to a new company for the radios.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-22-2007, 09:38 PM
Controls Engineer
AKA: chakorules
None #1501 (Team THRUST)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2001
Chris_Elston has a reputation beyond reputeChris_Elston has a reputation beyond reputeChris_Elston has a reputation beyond reputeChris_Elston has a reputation beyond reputeChris_Elston has a reputation beyond reputeChris_Elston has a reputation beyond reputeChris_Elston has a reputation beyond reputeChris_Elston has a reputation beyond reputeChris_Elston has a reputation beyond reputeChris_Elston has a reputation beyond reputeChris_Elston has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Chris_Elston Send a message via Yahoo to Chris_Elston

Amen! We are taking our old radios too...

Favorite CD quote:
"That can't be their 'bot. not nearly enough (if any) rivets to be a 1501 machine." ~RogerR: Team #1369
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-22-2007, 09:39 PM
foote stepped in
AKA: E. Foote
no team

Rookie Year: 2005
efoote868 has a reputation beyond reputeefoote868 has a reputation beyond reputeefoote868 has a reputation beyond reputeefoote868 has a reputation beyond reputeefoote868 has a reputation beyond reputeefoote868 has a reputation beyond reputeefoote868 has a reputation beyond reputeefoote868 has a reputation beyond reputeefoote868 has a reputation beyond reputeefoote868 has a reputation beyond reputeefoote868 has a reputation beyond repute

if nothing else, at least they weigh a little less...

#6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-22-2007, 09:47 PM
,':-)
AKA: C. Carey
FRC #0306 (CRT)

Cody Carey has a reputation beyond reputeCody Carey has a reputation beyond reputeCody Carey has a reputation beyond reputeCody Carey has a reputation beyond reputeCody Carey has a reputation beyond reputeCody Carey has a reputation beyond reputeCody Carey has a reputation beyond reputeCody Carey has a reputation beyond reputeCody Carey has a reputation beyond reputeCody Carey has a reputation beyond reputeCody Carey has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Cody Carey Send a message via Yahoo to Cody Carey

I really think that the older teams should take the initiative and bring all of their old radios. A game where you don't have control of your robot for long periods of time is no fun (unless, of course you are talking about autonomous ) It wouldn't take too many teams bringing them to make using them a viable option.
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-22-2007, 09:53 PM
AKA: Josh
FRC #0051 (Wings of Fire)
Team Role: Coach

Josh Murphy has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Murphy has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Murphy has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Murphy has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Murphy has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Murphy has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Murphy has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Murphy has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Murphy has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Murphy has a reputation beyond reputeJosh Murphy has a reputation beyond repute

I only wish..... those put the new ones to shame. We could probably supply a whole regional with the tubs of them that we have. I do like them better and they weigh less. After we had radio issues we hooked them up and had no problems at all, but we fixed the problem with the new ones hopefully
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-23-2007, 01:30 PM
Controls Engineer
AKA: chakorules
None #1501 (Team THRUST)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2001
Chris_Elston has a reputation beyond reputeChris_Elston has a reputation beyond reputeChris_Elston has a reputation beyond reputeChris_Elston has a reputation beyond reputeChris_Elston has a reputation beyond reputeChris_Elston has a reputation beyond reputeChris_Elston has a reputation beyond reputeChris_Elston has a reputation beyond reputeChris_Elston has a reputation beyond reputeChris_Elston has a reputation beyond reputeChris_Elston has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Chris_Elston Send a message via Yahoo to Chris_Elston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody Carey View Post
I really think that the older teams should take the initiative and bring all of their old radios. A game where you don't have control of your robot for long periods of time is no fun (unless, of course you are talking about autonomous ) It wouldn't take too many teams bringing them to make using them a viable option.

I feel really, really bad for the first week regional teams. They are the ones that will suffer if this is going to be a big problem. I know we’ve done everything IFI asked on our modems, and they are being sent back. I hope everything works ok. If it doesn't, it's going to be a mess.

If a ruling is made to allow 2006 radios in mid competition, I think it would be good if everyone can bring their spares to share with the rookie teams.

Favorite CD quote:
"That can't be their 'bot. not nearly enough (if any) rivets to be a 1501 machine." ~RogerR: Team #1369
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-25-2008, 01:18 AM
no team

Madwolvez is an unknown quantity at this point

If you switch I got you back with another 6 or so. I don't like the new radio since they have to be vertical and in a high location. The old one you could put anywhere and no issue would really arise.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: