OCCRA
Go to Post Not only does Dave like to post hints about the the new game...but now he's starting to post hints about the activities of the Mars rover. Does it ever stop?! - Alexa Stott [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#16   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-11-2008, 05:25 PM
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2003
Racer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: hybrid rules are not quite stable..

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeForce View Post
While I may agree (we had video of both matches), it's not up to us to determine how FIRST runs their competitions.
This is where you and I differ, I feel that we SHOULD be the ones to determine how FIRST runs the competitions. FIRST is not some guys in NH, FIRST is US, the teams that compete.
  #17   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-11-2008, 06:07 PM
I REALLY want to be Andy Baker
FRC #1018 (RoboDevils)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2002
Stu Bloom has a reputation beyond reputeStu Bloom has a reputation beyond reputeStu Bloom has a reputation beyond reputeStu Bloom has a reputation beyond reputeStu Bloom has a reputation beyond reputeStu Bloom has a reputation beyond reputeStu Bloom has a reputation beyond reputeStu Bloom has a reputation beyond reputeStu Bloom has a reputation beyond reputeStu Bloom has a reputation beyond reputeStu Bloom has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Stu Bloom Send a message via Yahoo to Stu Bloom Send a message via Skype™ to Stu Bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1075guy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeForce View Post
While I may agree (we had video of both matches), it's not up to us to determine how FIRST runs their competitions.
This is where you and I differ, I feel that we SHOULD be the ones to determine how FIRST runs the competitions. FIRST is not some guys in NH, FIRST is US, the teams that compete.
Actually I think you guys differ in many many Many MANY more ways than that ...

my humblest apologies to CD for the OT remark ...
FIRST Team 1018 - Pike HS RoboDevils
My activity for 2012:
  • Boilermaker planning committee
  • Israel Head Ref - DONE (and it was FANTASTIC!)
  • Boilermaker Regional (with 1018) - DONE
  • Midwest Head Ref - DONE
  • WORLD Championships (with 1018) - DONE
  • IRI Head Ref - DONE
  • CAGE Match Head Ref
  #18   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-11-2008, 06:37 PM
#8 Alliance For Life
AKA: Sean Lavery
FRC #1712 (DAWGMA)

Lil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Lil' Lavery

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Krass View Post
To my knowledge, the real-time scoring input is the only method referees have for recording the score during the match. Only for counting laps during teleoperated mode is it the redundant system. In such a case, it's absurd to think that they're meant to input the score on those devices, mentally recall every scoring action, and watch and call penalties correctly -- and all simultaneously.
I filled in as the "manual scorekeeper" (pen & paper records of final scores) for about 10-15 matches at VCU. During that span, scores were adjusted from the real time scores in at least 3 matches. Hybrid was the most common adjustment, as refs knew they had either missed pressing the button or pressed it one too many times, etc.
Also note that there are nine refs this year, one on each corner, two on each finish line (one for balls, one for bots) and one head ref. They do talk to each other and pick up each other's mistakes more than most people think they do.
  #19   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-11-2008, 08:10 PM
New year, new team
FRC #1197 (Torbots)
Team Role: Engineer

EricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to EricH

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1075guy View Post
If the scoring was done WRONG and there is irrefutable evidence to prove it (ie. a team member videotaped the match), ...
Would you use the same video to prove that your opponent won?

Also, please see the thread on instant replay from a few years ago. I believe this very situation was brought up.

If the hybrid mode (or any other part of the game) is being scored incorrectly, then they need to find out why and fix it. That is all I have to say on this.
2012: FRC4046 Schroedinger's Dragons

Read the rules and make a picklist before thinking about winning a competition.

"Rockets are tricky..."--Elon Musk
  #20   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-11-2008, 08:40 PM
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Racer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricH View Post
Would you use the same video to prove that your opponent won?
That depends on a few things A) if I noticed they scored the opposing alliance incorrectly (unlikely as I'd be watching my own score) B) The opposing alliance noticed, and asked if we'd taken video, I would let them view, and if they were correct, absolutely.
  #21   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-11-2008, 09:24 PM
Andy Baker's Avatar Woodie Flowers Award
President, AndyMark, Inc.
FRC #3940 (CyberTooth)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1998
Andy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Andy Baker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikesrock View Post
I was merely trying to say that the official recorded score appears to be correct, including the knockdown of the red alliance's trackball during hybrid by 525.

I was not trying to say that this is something to be relied on, or that it happens often.
Also, this could be a case of the announcer saying one thing and the score being entirely different. Often, an announcer may say something that the head ref may disagree with.

Announcers don't keep the score. They are fairly outgoing people, make witty remarks, and wear goofy shirts. We can't take them too seriously.

Andy b.
  #22   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-11-2008, 09:29 PM
FRC #0910

johnr has a reputation beyond reputejohnr has a reputation beyond reputejohnr has a reputation beyond reputejohnr has a reputation beyond reputejohnr has a reputation beyond reputejohnr has a reputation beyond reputejohnr has a reputation beyond reputejohnr has a reputation beyond reputejohnr has a reputation beyond reputejohnr has a reputation beyond reputejohnr has a reputation beyond repute

There seems to be a problem. What i would like to know is how teams are handling this? Do the robocoach or driver coach keep track of your score. do you have someone in stands? does he signal you if score is right? aren't only student members of drive team allowed to talk to head ref? would like to know if we need to set up sub group out of scouting team. thanks.
  #23   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-11-2008, 10:45 PM
VEXpro Engineer
no team

Rookie Year: 2005
Aren_Hill has a reputation beyond reputeAren_Hill has a reputation beyond reputeAren_Hill has a reputation beyond reputeAren_Hill has a reputation beyond reputeAren_Hill has a reputation beyond reputeAren_Hill has a reputation beyond reputeAren_Hill has a reputation beyond reputeAren_Hill has a reputation beyond reputeAren_Hill has a reputation beyond reputeAren_Hill has a reputation beyond reputeAren_Hill has a reputation beyond repute

In 2006 Division Galileo our team was breezing through qualification matches #1 seed, then one match came and if you watched the match it was quite obvious our alliance put in more balls than the other alliance, we questioned the ref and the cool part is the other alliance that "won" also questioned it. We found out that the ref's had counted all of the 3 point shots as 1 point shots and 1 pointers as 3 pointers. we didn't have anybody dumping...

First replayed that match at the end of qualifiers on saturday, we won and were undefeated #1 seed. The part about this i like is the fact the ref did something about it and the mistake was corrected in a fashion.

VEX Robotics Mechanical Engineer
  #24   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-12-2008, 12:45 AM
FRC #0932 (Memorial Circuit Chargers)
Team Role: Electrical

Rookie Year: 2006
maxican is an unknown quantity at this point

there was a match that we were not counted in the autonomous at all, while are other alliance partners were counted. again this was probably a human error by not backing up the computer system correctly. we contested the match but it was finalized before we could do any thing.

2008 Saint Louis regional Chairman's award winner
2007 Kansas City regional Inspiration award winner
2006 Lone Star regional Finalist

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: