Go to Post The mediocre do the minimum, then exclaim how easy it is. The exceptional never stop to gloat... they're too busy figuring out new ways to make it even better... - Mr. Lim [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Off-Season Events
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #136   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-12-2009, 05:25 PM
Driver/Drivetrain Subteam Leader
FRC #1816 (The Green Machine)
Team Role: Driver

Rookie Year: 2006
Matt382 has a spectacular aura aboutMatt382 has a spectacular aura aboutMatt382 has a spectacular aura about
Re: 2009 IRI- Who has applied?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XaulZan11 View Post
Although I'm disapointed we didn't make it, I feel a little better when looking at some of the other teams that were not invited. When you have two teams playing Saturday afternoon at the Championship, the top pick at one of the tougher regionals, and many finalist and semifinalists, not get invited, you know you have a strong field of teams. I'm glad I'm not in the position of choosing which teams to invite.

Anyway, my prediction (or teams I would like to see win) is 111-68-469-910.
We are also dissapointed we didn't make the cut after a great performance at North Star, even though it wasn't one of the tougher regionals. Good luck to all the teams! (especially 2970 and 79, great job in MN!)
  #137   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-12-2009, 06:46 PM
Ambitiously Disappointing
AKA: Andy Burchardt
FRC #0171 (Cheese Curd Herd)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2004
AndyB has a reputation beyond reputeAndyB has a reputation beyond reputeAndyB has a reputation beyond reputeAndyB has a reputation beyond reputeAndyB has a reputation beyond reputeAndyB has a reputation beyond reputeAndyB has a reputation beyond reputeAndyB has a reputation beyond reputeAndyB has a reputation beyond reputeAndyB has a reputation beyond reputeAndyB has a reputation beyond repute

I was pretty shocked at 1816's missing of the cut as well. You guys, along with Krunch and eBots were among the best at Northstar.
  #138   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-12-2009, 07:21 PM
.999~=1
FRC #0399 (Eagle Robotics)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2005
Brad Voracek is a glorious beacon of lightBrad Voracek is a glorious beacon of lightBrad Voracek is a glorious beacon of lightBrad Voracek is a glorious beacon of lightBrad Voracek is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Brad Voracek

11:59 pm...

Which timezone... ? =p

Team 399 - Eagle Robotics
  #139   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-12-2009, 07:46 PM
AKA: Paul
FRC #2970 (E-bots)
Team Role: Leadership

Rookie Year: 2008
dabeast13 will become famous soon enoughdabeast13 will become famous soon enough
Cool Re: 2009 IRI- Who has applied?

I see you guys making out all these alliance predictions and i find myself wondering why you left team 79 out of the elimination teams. I would find it strange indeed if they weren't chosen at IRI. Team 2970 is really looking forward to IRI. This should be one heck of a competition!!!
2009 North Star Rookie All-Star
2009 North Star Winner
  #140   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-12-2009, 07:51 PM
Currently teamless
no team

Akash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeast13 View Post
I see you guys making out all these alliance predictions and i find myself wondering why you left team 79 out of the elimination teams. I would find it strange indeed if they weren't chosen at IRI. Team 2970 is really looking forward to IRI. This should be one heck of a competition!!!
Look at the team list again please. IRI is one place where extremely competent teams get left out. That's the way this field works. Either you fit into a strategy or you don't. There's also plenty of teams who applied and didn't get in when they could be argued to replace some on the list. Its just tough.

By the way, I so wish 968 could've applied and gone

My posts do not necessarily reflect the views & opinions of affiliated teams.

['13- 14]: Alumni/Mentor FRC 11 - MORT 2014 Robot Reveal |
['12-'14]: Mentor FRC 2495
| ['11-'13]: Co-Founder/Mentor FRC 3929 | ['06-'10]: Student FRC 11- MORT | ['08-'12]: Founder - EWCP

Last edited by Akash Rastogi : 05-12-2009 at 07:54 PM.
  #141   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-12-2009, 08:23 PM
Circuit Breaker
FRC #0254 (The Cheesy Poofs)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2001
Pat Fairbank has a reputation beyond reputePat Fairbank has a reputation beyond reputePat Fairbank has a reputation beyond reputePat Fairbank has a reputation beyond reputePat Fairbank has a reputation beyond reputePat Fairbank has a reputation beyond reputePat Fairbank has a reputation beyond reputePat Fairbank has a reputation beyond reputePat Fairbank has a reputation beyond reputePat Fairbank has a reputation beyond reputePat Fairbank has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Pat Fairbank Send a message via Skype™ to Pat Fairbank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Voracek View Post
11:59 pm...

Which timezone... ? =p
It's up as of now... so UTC-2?
Team 296 | Alumnus (2001-2004) | Mentor (2005-2006)

patfairbank.com
  #142   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-12-2009, 08:29 PM
Onward through the fog.
FRC #0418 (LASA Robotics/Purple Haze)

Rookie Year: 2002
JaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond repute

I think if you were to put a pin in the map for each of the teams that have been listed, you would allow yourself to see a broader view. If you step back away from the actual robot competition possibilities and look at some of these teams such as the Hall of Fame teams that have been extended invitations, you will see a broader picture still. If you look at some of the mentors that support and have continued to support these teams, you have an increasingly broader picture. I'm sure if you could read the essay submissions, they would offer insight to the growth and development of each of these teams, casting a brighter light and illuminating the solid opportunities that await everyone who participates, who watches, and who learns from the IRI 2009 event.

The event planners go to great lengths to provide a well-rounded event, including the opportunities for the newly forming teams. They also value and support the very real importance of giving back, of charity, of doing what you can to improve circumstances.

Making predictions is a great deal of fun and I'm sure teams are over the moon with that aspect of the IRI event, but there is so much more to this competition. I think it was planned to be that way. I also think it was very very difficult for the selection committee to make the final cuts, leaving teams off. These folks have bigger hearts than most. I think they grow them that way in Indiana.

Just an .02.

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
~ Helen Keller
(1880-1968)

Last edited by JaneYoung : 05-13-2009 at 04:07 PM.
  #143   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-12-2009, 08:30 PM
AKA: Mentor / Coach
FRC #1538 (The Holy Cows)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2005
Jon Jack has a reputation beyond reputeJon Jack has a reputation beyond reputeJon Jack has a reputation beyond reputeJon Jack has a reputation beyond reputeJon Jack has a reputation beyond reputeJon Jack has a reputation beyond reputeJon Jack has a reputation beyond reputeJon Jack has a reputation beyond reputeJon Jack has a reputation beyond reputeJon Jack has a reputation beyond reputeJon Jack has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Jon Jack

Our check is in the mail (next day delivery) and we've formally accepted our invitation!
2013 World Championship - Chairman's Award, Newton Division #1 Seed (8-0-0) & Finalists w/ 1986 & 217
2013 Inland Empire Regional - Champions w/ 2485 & 968
2013 San Diego Regional - Chairman's Award
  #144   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-12-2009, 08:51 PM
New year, new team
FRC #1197 (Torbots)

Rookie Year: 2003
EricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to EricH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akash Rastogi View Post
By the way, I so wish 968 could've applied and gone
Psst... Don't tell anyone, but Devastator, their twin, is coming, or rather, on the list.
2012: FRC4046 Schroedinger's Dragons

Read the rules and make a picklist before thinking about winning a competition.
  #145   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-12-2009, 09:15 PM
Currently teamless
no team

Akash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricH View Post
Psst... Don't tell anyone, but Devastator, their twin, is coming, or rather, on the list.
Yea yea, I know.. but still....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akash Rastogi View Post
After their season being cut short, I'd love to see 968 take the win at IRI.
=/

My posts do not necessarily reflect the views & opinions of affiliated teams.

['13- 14]: Alumni/Mentor FRC 11 - MORT 2014 Robot Reveal |
['12-'14]: Mentor FRC 2495
| ['11-'13]: Co-Founder/Mentor FRC 3929 | ['06-'10]: Student FRC 11- MORT | ['08-'12]: Founder - EWCP
  #146   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-12-2009, 10:14 PM
OZ_341's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
#0341 (Wissahickon)

Rookie Year: 2000
OZ_341 has a reputation beyond reputeOZ_341 has a reputation beyond reputeOZ_341 has a reputation beyond reputeOZ_341 has a reputation beyond reputeOZ_341 has a reputation beyond reputeOZ_341 has a reputation beyond reputeOZ_341 has a reputation beyond reputeOZ_341 has a reputation beyond reputeOZ_341 has a reputation beyond reputeOZ_341 has a reputation beyond reputeOZ_341 has a reputation beyond repute

Assuming that a team has accepted the invitation on time to be in the first 72 teams completing the process, when would you be notiifed that you are officially on the list?
I saw from the registration info that the acceptance phase ends on May 22nd and that the list is frozen in July, but it does not say when you will be notified of your final status.

I just don't want to tell the kids we are in and then be wrong.

Thanks in advance to anyone answering this question.
2014 Hatboro District Champions (thanks 2590 & 272)
2014 Lenape District Team Spirit Award
2014 Finger Lakes and MAR CMP KPCB Award
Overall Record 60 W - 37 L
  #147   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-13-2009, 03:44 AM
Work harder, do better.
AKA: Pinecone
FRC #2791 (Shaker Robotics) (EWCP)

Chris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Chris is me

Man, I was going to wait until our team meeting tonight to get the information to fill out the acceptance form, but I'm super nervous that by waiting 18 hours all of the spots will be taken . What's a troubled IRI rookie to do?
2013 WPI Regional #1 Seed / Delphi Excellence in Engineering / Finalists (with 20, 3182), BAE Motorola Quality
2012 BAE Imagery / Finalists (with 1519, 885), CT Xerox Creativity / Semifinalists (with 2168, 118)

Proud 1714 Alumnus (2009) - 2009 Minnesota 10,000 Lakes Regional Champions (with 2826, 2470)
2791 Build Season Photo Gallery - Look here for mechanism photos
My Robotics Blog (Updated April 11 2014)

Last edited by Chris is me : 05-13-2009 at 03:47 AM.
  #148   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-13-2009, 04:17 AM
AKA: Cory McBride
FRC #0254 (The Cheesy Poofs)

Rookie Year: 2001
Cory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond reputeCory has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Cory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris is me View Post
Man, I was going to wait until our team meeting tonight to get the information to fill out the acceptance form, but I'm super nervous that by waiting 18 hours all of the spots will be taken . What's a troubled IRI rookie to do?
The thing that really matters is when your check gets in. Accepting the form right now doesn't get you into the top 72-it's only half the equation.
  #149   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-13-2009, 05:23 AM
Mentor,QCR Planning, OhioFIRST-Pres
FRC #1038 (The Thunderhawks)

Rookie Year: 2004
Jimmy Nichols has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy Nichols has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy Nichols has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy Nichols has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy Nichols has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy Nichols has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy Nichols has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy Nichols has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy Nichols has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy Nichols has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy Nichols has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jimmy Nichols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Jack View Post
Our check is in the mail (next day delivery) and we've formally accepted our invitation!
ditto

2013 - Crossroads Team Spirit,Quarter-Finalists - Queen City WFFA - Paul George,Quarter-Finalists - Ohio FRC State Championship Champions
2012 - Queen City Volunteer of the Year,Team Spirit,Finalists - Smoky Mountains Engineering Inspiration,Quarterfinalists
2011 - Pittsburgh Semifinalists - Buckeye Engineering Excellence Award,Coopertition Award,SemiFinalists
2010 - Pittsburgh Judge’s Award,Quarterfinalists - Buckeye Industrial Design Award,Finalists - IRI Mentor Round Champions
2009 - Buckeye GM Industrial Design,Champions
2008 - Midwest Engineering Inspiration,Quarterfinalist - IRI Semifinalist
2007 - Pittsburgh Motorola Quality,Finalist - Buckeye Rockwell Automation Innovative Controls,Finalist - Championship Newton Quarterfinalist
  #150   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-13-2009, 07:43 AM
Unsung FIRST Hero Woodie Flowers Award
My Other Car is a 500 HP Turbine
FRC #0234 (Cyber Blue)

Rookie Year: 1942
Chris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond reputeChris Fultz has a reputation beyond repute

to answer a few questions -

1. it is postmark date and time.

2. you cannot do the early career and IRI comp both
2010 - Woodie Flowers Award - Championship

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: