OCCRA
Go to Post FIRST isn't about money or robots... it is about people. Take care of that and the rest will follow. - dtengineering [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #181   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-06-2010, 11:59 PM
College Mentor
AKA: Trent Borman
FRC #3928 (Team Neutrino)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2008
Trent B is a splendid one to beholdTrent B is a splendid one to beholdTrent B is a splendid one to beholdTrent B is a splendid one to beholdTrent B is a splendid one to beholdTrent B is a splendid one to beholdTrent B is a splendid one to beholdTrent B is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Trent B Send a message via Yahoo to Trent B Send a message via Skype™ to Trent B
Re: 2010 Game Hint #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveGPage View Post
Yes, I know. But "WHY" did they use two isometric CAD drawings.
True, last year all we got was a fish. They could also be completely unrelated in the hopes people would get confused about a supposed relationship (Dave is probably laughing somewhere). But now that I think about it it is pretty intriguing.

infinitydex I highly doubt a simple google search could get you the whole FRC game. I also doubt you would just lose the link if you truely thought it was the game. If I found this supposed "entire FRC game site" online I would hit the bookmark button so fast...

Last edited by Trent B : 01-07-2010 at 12:12 AM.
  #182   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-07-2010, 12:01 AM
13 Years of FIRST!
AKA: Oscar Vasquez
FRC #4501 (Humans)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2001
SpaceOsc has a brilliant futureSpaceOsc has a brilliant futureSpaceOsc has a brilliant futureSpaceOsc has a brilliant futureSpaceOsc has a brilliant futureSpaceOsc has a brilliant futureSpaceOsc has a brilliant futureSpaceOsc has a brilliant futureSpaceOsc has a brilliant futureSpaceOsc has a brilliant futureSpaceOsc has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to SpaceOsc Send a message via Yahoo to SpaceOsc
Talking Re: 2010 Game Hint #2

THE GATES ARE THE SAME SIZE, but there weren't any yellow pads at the very ends of the field as shown in green, only the center fits best.

http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/at...8&d=1262840708
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FE-00032-1.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	149.8 KB
ID:	8238  

2014: Team 4501 Coach
2002-2011: Team 702 Mentor
2001-2002: Team 702 Student/Captain

Last edited by SpaceOsc : 01-07-2010 at 12:12 AM.
  #183   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-07-2010, 12:01 AM
mr robotics man
AKA: Mr. I DESTROYED U
FRC #2932 (mid pac terminators)
Team Role: Operator

infinitydex will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboMaster View Post
Yeah I've thought about that too. But there's no real way to tell and I think it could just as well be regular carpet.

Your focus on the carpet brings me to think (in my opinion) that the focus is on the gate. There must be some significance about it, so I think this furthers the possibility that the gates are moved and possibly too that the field is majorly re-organized.
a few years ago they had just plain carpet not tiles
  #184   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-07-2010, 12:04 AM
mr robotics man

Lightbulb Re: 2010 Game Hint #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent B View Post
True, last year all we got was a fish. They could also be completely unrelated in the hopes people would get confused about a supposed relationship (Dave is probably laughing somewhere). But now that I think about it it is pretty intriguing.

infinitydex I highly doubt a simple google search could get you the whole FRC game. You are not giving yourself much credibility on the forum. Especially when you changed your description because you realized that the ramp like thing was for bringing bots in and out.
i noticed that 2 i actually thought it was watever i said it was because last year they removed them instead of leaving um in a 90 degree angle
  #185   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-07-2010, 12:04 AM
College Mentor

Trent B is a splendid one to beholdTrent B is a splendid one to beholdTrent B is a splendid one to beholdTrent B is a splendid one to beholdTrent B is a splendid one to beholdTrent B is a splendid one to beholdTrent B is a splendid one to beholdTrent B is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Trent B Send a message via Yahoo to Trent B Send a message via Skype™ to Trent B

Tiles? Do you mean the regolith from last year? As far as I know all the competitions but last year were on carpeting.

Removing does sound familiar since I remember them putting a piece of Lexan on the gate.
  #186   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-07-2010, 12:09 AM
mr robotics man

Quote:
Tiles? Do you mean the regolith from last year? As far as I know all the competitions but last year were on carpeting.

Removing does sound familiar since I remember them putting a piece of Lexan on the gate.
no not the luner surface stuff like regulag house carpet
  #187   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-07-2010, 12:10 AM
College Mentor

So tiles of carpet instead of one big roll? I am still confused what you mean by tiles.
  #188   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-07-2010, 12:11 AM
Tech once...
AKA: Kara Bakowski
no team (FRC1189 alum)

Karibou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Karibou Send a message via Skype™ to Karibou

Quote:

Not quite. Maize Craze was played on corn, if Wikipedia is indeed correct (and I trust the FIRST community to keep it as such). I think that there were a few other playing surfaces too, but as I have little knowledge of past games, I don't know which ones they were. Weren't the ramps for 2007 diamond-plate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitydex View Post
a few years ago they had just plain carpet not tiles
I don't think that FIRST has ever used tiled carpet. It's probably always been the big rolls - probably cheaper, and considerably easier to set up.
FRC 1189 (2008-2011): Team Captain, Pit Crew, Website group leader, Team Education group leader, Proud Alum. We've got spirit, yes we do...
Volunteer (2010-present): Escanaba District '14, MidKnight Mayhem '13, Detroit District '13, IRI '10 '12, Waterford District '11 '12, MARC '12, CMP Galileo '11

WMWBS '10 '11

Last edited by Karibou : 01-07-2010 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Added another response
  #189   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-07-2010, 12:13 AM
AKA: Chris Leung
FRC #1989 (Viking Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2009
TD912 has much to be proud ofTD912 has much to be proud ofTD912 has much to be proud ofTD912 has much to be proud ofTD912 has much to be proud ofTD912 has much to be proud ofTD912 has much to be proud ofTD912 has much to be proud ofTD912 has much to be proud ofTD912 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karibou View Post
...internet game management? Enlighten me. Link, or it didn't happen.
Maybe he means this?
http://www.usfirst.org/roboticsprogr....aspx?id=16119

It's already been posted by a couple other people...
  #190   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-07-2010, 12:14 AM
mr robotics man

still the top right corner of the image hint #2 does look like a wall

i cant belive last year someteams goal was just ram another bot (lol) is
waiting for the kick off is like studing the molecular structure of grass
while being hit on the head by a frying pan

ya and i mean like a role of carpet
  #191   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-07-2010, 12:15 AM
Work harder, do better.
AKA: Pinecone
FRC #2791 (Shaker Robotics) (EWCP)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2006
Chris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond reputeChris is me has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Chris is me

Quote:
So tiles of carpet instead of one big roll? I am still confused what you mean by tiles.
VEX / FTC fields are made of interlocking foam tiles. Think "puzzle piece" foam you might see in kid's play areas....

Someone cool suggested it as a joke, but what about a rubber high traction field? Smart programming and gearing would be needed to avoid tripping a breaker on such a surface...
2013 WPI Regional #1 Seed / Delphi Excellence in Engineering / Finalists (with 20, 3182), BAE Motorola Quality
2012 BAE Imagery / Finalists (with 1519, 885), CT Xerox Creativity / Semifinalists (with 2168, 118)

Proud 1714 Alumnus (2009) - 2009 Minnesota 10,000 Lakes Regional Champions (with 2826, 2470)
2791 Build Season Photo Gallery - Look here for mechanism photos
My Robotics Blog (Updated April 11 2014)
  #192   Spotlight this post!  
Hawaiin Pizza = Best Pizza
AKA: Sean Lavery
FRC #1712 (DAWGMA)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2003
Lil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Lil' Lavery

I'm not so sure why everyone (save one other poster in this thread) assumes this is a CAD program instead of an animation program.
  #193   Spotlight this post!  
College Mentor

I am trying to figure out plain carpet vs tiles now it sorta seems like he means a solid roll of carpet instead of carpet tiles / multiple pieces of carpet.

I am aware of maize craze, the 2007 rack was made of some diamond plate.

Are you thinking of Raising the Bar? from 04? Had the steps with the bar in the center, not sure what that was made out of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD912 View Post
Maybe he means this?
http://www.usfirst.org/roboticsprogr....aspx?id=16119

It's already been posted by a couple other people...
Thats called a hint... it doesn't lay out the game... last year we got a picture of a fish as our clue... that isn't exactly an all telling website

CAD files can still be imported into animation programs though I suppose the materials may not act correctly.

Last edited by Trent B : 01-07-2010 at 12:19 AM.
  #194   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-07-2010, 12:17 AM
Tech once...
AKA: Kara Bakowski
no team (FRC1189 alum)

Karibou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Karibou Send a message via Skype™ to Karibou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Lavery View Post
I'm not so sure why everyone (save one other poster in this thread) assumes this is a CAD program instead of an animation program.
That was my original thought! The first hint was definitely in Inventor, but this looked distinctly different to me, and I can't believe that I forgot to bring it up earlier.

Animation screenshottttt.
FRC 1189 (2008-2011): Team Captain, Pit Crew, Website group leader, Team Education group leader, Proud Alum. We've got spirit, yes we do...
Volunteer (2010-present): Escanaba District '14, MidKnight Mayhem '13, Detroit District '13, IRI '10 '12, Waterford District '11 '12, MARC '12, CMP Galileo '11

WMWBS '10 '11
  #195   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-07-2010, 12:21 AM
College Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karibou View Post
I don't think that FIRST has ever used tiled carpet. It's probably always been the big rolls - probably cheaper, and considerably easier to set up.
I couldn't imagine setting up individual tiles and taping them together even a few rolls of carpet, at 10k lakes in 08 there was a robot that ended up almost driving through the carpet when it hit the wall in autonomous (speed controllers at full speed after impact) so I don't think tiles would hold up.

edit: It is time to sleep, I am slowly becoming a game hint addict...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: