OCCRA
Go to Post Brains and hard work aren't necessarily about age or grade. - Redhead Jokes [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 24 votes, 4.67 average. Display Modes
  #736   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-01-2011, 11:13 PM
AKA: Sarah
FRC #2729 (Storm 2729)
Team Role: Marketing

Rookie Year: 2009
Sarah2729 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2011 Game Hint #1

I've been trying to think of what the picture could mean, and I'm probably reading wayyyy too much into it, but here are some ideas/thoughts I had:

-Dimensions- The fact that the picture was an album cover from Dimension Records could mean something
-Like someone said earlier, the fact that it's an album cover could signify a disk and the column could represent a goalpoast, so maybe some sort of frisbee thing?
- Based on lyrics from The Loco-Motion, maybe part of it is forming a train or chain with alliance members
-Someone else on here said something really clever: the fact that the image was reversed and Little Eva is famous for the Loco-Motion could signify doing something backwards, such as pulling objects.
-Not sure if anyone said this, but the nickname "Little Eva" comes from a character in the book Uncle Tom's Cabin...that could be significant.

I'm really anxious to see what the game is going to be!

2009: Washington DC Regional Rookie All Star Award
2009: Philadelphia Regional Rookie All Star Award
2009: Atlanta Championship Highest Rookie Seed Award
2010: Florida Regional
2010: Philadelphia Regional Quarterfinalists
Upcoming in 2011: Philadelphia Regional and New Jersey Regional

I'm just a little bit caught in the middle, life is a maze, and love is a riddle...<3
  #737   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-02-2011, 09:24 AM
Mike Kizer Proud Mentor Team 1502
FRC #1502 (Technical Difficulties)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2005
Mikekizer is an unknown quantity at this point

She looks like a mo-town singer, this could be an album cover. Finding her and the song could be part of the clue.

Or it could be a pole to climb or simply an obstacle in the game...
  #738   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-02-2011, 09:57 AM
FIRST AmeriCorps VISTA
AKA: Ryan
FRC #2614 (MARS)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2008
rutzman has a brilliant futurerutzman has a brilliant futurerutzman has a brilliant futurerutzman has a brilliant futurerutzman has a brilliant futurerutzman has a brilliant futurerutzman has a brilliant futurerutzman has a brilliant futurerutzman has a brilliant futurerutzman has a brilliant futurerutzman has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikekizer View Post
She looks like a mo-town singer, this could be an album cover. Finding her and the song could be part of the clue.

Or it could be a pole to climb or simply an obstacle in the game...
Please read the first 3-5 pages of the thread...

Last edited by rutzman : 01-02-2011 at 10:13 AM.
  #739   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-02-2011, 10:09 AM
AKA: Dripto Debroy
FRC #0694 (StuyPulse)
Team Role: Student

Rookie Year: 2009
Dripto is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah2729 View Post
-Dimensions- The fact that the picture was an album cover from Dimension Records could mean something
That seems like an interesting way to look at it.
  #740   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-02-2011, 10:10 AM
436f6465206765656b
AKA: Matt Soucy
FRC #0166 (Chop Shop 166)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2007
demosthenes2k8 is a splendid one to beholddemosthenes2k8 is a splendid one to beholddemosthenes2k8 is a splendid one to beholddemosthenes2k8 is a splendid one to beholddemosthenes2k8 is a splendid one to beholddemosthenes2k8 is a splendid one to beholddemosthenes2k8 is a splendid one to beholddemosthenes2k8 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to demosthenes2k8 Send a message via Yahoo to demosthenes2k8 Send a message via Skype™ to demosthenes2k8

Well, my team found that the singer's Little Eva, who has the hit "Loco-Motion". Could that mean anything?

Just kidding, don't worry.

If the reversed image and title "Loco-Motion" were to mean anything, wouldn't it mean PUSHING, not pulling, because trains pull, and you're reversing it?

GSR Dean's List Finalist 2011
  #741   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-02-2011, 10:18 AM
AKA: Grant
FRC #3357

Rookie Year: 2004
GGCO is a splendid one to beholdGGCO is a splendid one to beholdGGCO is a splendid one to beholdGGCO is a splendid one to beholdGGCO is a splendid one to beholdGGCO is a splendid one to beholdGGCO is a splendid one to beholdGGCO is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GGCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah2729 View Post
I've been trying to think of what the picture could mean, and I'm probably reading wayyyy too much into it, but here are some ideas/thoughts I had:

-Like someone said earlier, the fact that it's an album cover could signify a disk and the column could represent a goalpoast, so maybe some sort of frisbee thing?
- Based on lyrics from The Loco-Motion, maybe part of it is forming a train or chain with alliance members
-Someone else on here said something really clever: the fact that the image was reversed and Little Eva is famous for the Loco-Motion could signify doing something backwards, such as pulling objects.
-Not sure if anyone said this, but the nickname "Little Eva" comes from a character in the book Uncle Tom's Cabin...that could be significant.

I'm really anxious to see what the game is going to be!
First, you need to go here.
Second, I think you're reading too much into the clue.
Website

#742   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-02-2011, 10:54 AM
FRC #1332 (SWIFT)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2006
SEV33RoboMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Now i've never been big on strange things happening for certain reasons but this seems just a little suspicious.

The harmelen train disaster:

"It was shortly before twenty past nine in the morning of Monday January 8, 1962 when a train bound for Amsterdam was snaking through the junction. Consisting of two electric multiple units it was moving at about 45 mph. The manouvre was protected from oncoming train by a red signal on the approach to the junction from the Utrecht direction.

A Utrecht to Rotterdam express train, headed by an electric locomotive, No. 1137 and travelling at about 60 mph was approaching the junction. Perhaps because of the foggy conditions, the driver missed a yellow light warning that the next signal was at red. It must have been at the last moment that he saw the danger signal. The driver applied the brakes but there was nothing more that he could do. Collision was inevitable."

Now i find it strange that the LED was also invented in 1962 and the little eva narcis song loco-motion came out in 1962

My thought we have a course that does indeed involve trains and i beleive mirrors will be a big part while using LED's. Maybe there is a part of the field that is hidden and we must use lights and mirrors to get there?
  #743   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-02-2011, 12:35 PM
FIRST on my mind
AKA: Evan Raitt
no team

Rookie Year: 2002
Tetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond repute

New Idea

Highest ring is 10' up, the second ring is 7' up. The circle step is just a simple 2".

Just brainstorming on the idea of the column. So I thought something Colosseum-like.

#744   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-02-2011, 12:44 PM
Team2057LasVegas
AKA: Justin Major
FRC #2057 (AV CyberBulls)
Team Role: Leadership

Rookie Year: 2008
Team#2057-Vegas can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetraman View Post
New Idea

Highest ring is 10' up, the second ring is 7' up. The circle step is just a simple 2".

Just brainstorming on the idea of the column. So I thought something Colosseum-like.
its a interesting idea.. but what would the game be with a design like this? im curious

"We will kick you off our pasture" -- 2057 Motto
  #745   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-02-2011, 12:49 PM
FIRST on my mind
no team

Tetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team#2057-Vegas View Post
its a interesting idea.. but what would the game be with a design like this? im curious
Not sure. I have been brainstorming, just that. Maybe you have to hang PVC hooks, like candy canes, on the bars...or something. Not really sure yet.
  #746   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-02-2011, 01:10 PM
436f6465206765656b
AKA: Matt Soucy
FRC #0166 (Chop Shop 166)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2007
demosthenes2k8 is a splendid one to beholddemosthenes2k8 is a splendid one to beholddemosthenes2k8 is a splendid one to beholddemosthenes2k8 is a splendid one to beholddemosthenes2k8 is a splendid one to beholddemosthenes2k8 is a splendid one to beholddemosthenes2k8 is a splendid one to beholddemosthenes2k8 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to demosthenes2k8 Send a message via Yahoo to demosthenes2k8 Send a message via Skype™ to demosthenes2k8

No, clearly they have to get balls from the center into the opponent's color zone. But they can't touch the middle circle. HAVE FUN.

GSR Dean's List Finalist 2011
  #747   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-02-2011, 01:20 PM
Feeling Honorable
FRC #1676 (Pascack PI Oneers)

Rookie Year: 2005
DonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond reputeDonRotolo has a reputation beyond repute

Let's be rational for a moment here:

Thinking back to Overdrive and the game hints: Remember the GPS coordinates? A bronze statue of a tortoise and a hare, in Boston's Copley Square. "It is a race"

Or Lunacy and the "Moon Fish"

Now we have a picture of Little Eva. Her *very* famous song is Locomotion.

My point is that the clues in the past have been very upfront, basic and plain. Overt is the word, I think. So reading all these conspiracies and double (or triple) meanings into it (Covert) - I don't think so.

"Locomotion". That's the whole clue. Nuthin' else in there, sorry. Probably the game's name. We'll see who's right in 6 days.

Craziness may resume now.

I am N2IRZ - What's your callsign?
  #748   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-02-2011, 02:00 PM
FRC #1590 (LHS Titaniums)

Rookie Year: 2004
cmac3 is an unknown quantity at this point

It's Little Eva, A singer in the 1960's. Her most famous song was "Loco-Motion". Something tells me we're gonna have to build with high torque this year with a low center of gravity. Maybe this game has something to do with trains?
  #749   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-02-2011, 02:08 PM
FIRST on my mind
no team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac3 View Post
It's Little Eva, A singer in the 1960's. Her most famous song was "Loco-Motion". Something tells me we're gonna have to build with high torque this year with a low center of gravity. Maybe this game has something to do with trains?
  #750   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-02-2011, 03:14 PM
Onward through the fog.
FRC #0418 (LASA Robotics/Purple Haze)

JaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond repute

This is the hint that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people start guessing not knowing what it was, and they'll continue to guess forever just because...This is the hint that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend.

Jane

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
~ Helen Keller
(1880-1968)

Last edited by JaneYoung : 01-02-2011 at 03:17 PM. Reason: word change

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: