Go to Post Figure out where you have to start and what end result you want, from there, all you have to fill in is the middle. - Beth Sweet [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Control System > FRC Control System
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-04-2012, 11:51 PM
FRC #3417

Team3417 is an unknown quantity at this point
How to setup wireless communication between classmate and robot

Hey guys, our season just finished but we want to be able to play with the bot now, is there a way to control it like normal but without the wire from the classmate to the d-link? If so, how?

Sorry for the very newby question.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-05-2012, 07:20 AM
no team (Team NI)

Rookie Year: 2008
Greg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How to setup wireless communication between classmate and robot

Reset the DLink to clear the encrypted network info, and follow the original instructions for setting it up to be an access point that hosts a network for the classmate to join.

Greg McKaskle
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-05-2012, 03:32 PM
FRC #3417

I reset it while it being in bridge mode ( is still doing this. Waiting for bridge light to resume blinking still after 2.5 minutes)

After this I do what? Follow what instructions? The ones on the frc site?:

http://www.usfirst.org/sites/default/files/uploadedFiles/Robotics_Programs/FRC/Game_and_Season__Info/2012_Assets/Getting%20Started%20with%20the%202012%20FRC%20Cont rol%20System_2.pdf

After that, I should be able to simply connect to the robot like its a wireless network?
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-05-2012, 03:55 PM
Software Architect
FRC #0045 (TechnoKats)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2004
Alan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Alan Anderson

That's the right document. Note that it tells you to put the DAP-1522 in AP mode.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-05-2012, 04:08 PM
FRC #3417

I just followed that document to the letter but kept getting stuck right before the part where I use the laptop in order to change the settings of the newly reset d-link.

My issues seems to be that the laptop can send information but is not recieving anything. Everytime I try using internet explorer or mozilla firefox to log into 192.168.0.50 I get a timed out error.

I've tried using a crossover cable and using an ethernet cable, no difference.

I've tried reseting in different settings(bridge, AP, and auto) and no difference. This was solved by our first programmer but as maybe you know, hes gone. No clue how to fix this. Any ideas?
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-05-2012, 08:36 PM
Software Architect
FRC #0045 (TechnoKats)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2004
Alan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Alan Anderson

You will only be able to communicate with 192.168.0.50 if your computer's IP address is set to something on the same subnet. We typically use 192.168.0.6, just because we're used to our development computer's address ending in 6.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: