OCCRA
Go to Post Ooohh!! Fire!! - dlavery [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Old Forum Archives > 2000
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-23-2002, 10:23 PM
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

archiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond repute
local administration snafu

Posted by brian holton.

Coach on team #30, fury, from high technology high school and celwave.

Posted on 1/8/2000 6:52 PM MST

Hey folks, got a non-tech question for you. My district has agreed that we can participate in the regionals, but, they will only let us go to the finals if we 'win' the regionals - which won't happen. After negotiations, they said, 'well, we'll let you go IF you do well in FIRST's eyes' which, of course, is just participating. They get it, but they don't get it. Do you have any suggestions on what kind of deal I can make? If we.......... then we can go? Need some brilliance here.

Thanks
Brian Holton

#2   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

archiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond repute
Re: local administration snafu

Posted by Erin.

Student on team #1, The Juggernauts, from OTC-NE, Oxford High School and 3-D Services.

Posted on 1/8/2000 6:58 PM MST

In Reply to: local administration snafu posted by brian holton on 1/8/2000 6:52 PM MST:

Hey- I think alot of us could help you out, Brian!! We have alot of nice, helpful, good-spirited people around here. tell me what to do and i'm in on it. What team are you from? I would love to have every team see it as important to participate in finals. Everyone with me?!

brian, keep in touch with us!

-erin

#3   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Posted by Dan.

Student on team #10, BSM, from Benilde-St. Margaret's and Banner Engineering.

Posted on 1/8/2000 8:28 PM MST

In Reply to: local administration snafu posted by brian holton on 1/8/2000 6:52 PM MST:

I'm afraid I can't recommend what to do. I do know that the decision shouldn't be based on your robot's performance or how many trophies you bring back. That's not supposed to be the goal of FIRST (though I can't speak for your team's intentions) and the students shouldn't be punished for it. BTW, Nationals offer many things the regionals don't--a chance to look at many robots, Disney World, tons of FIRST people, ESPN coverage--but it also lacks what makes a regional fun--an intimate and less competitive atmosphere.
G'luck :-Dan

#4   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Posted by Vinny Cothern.

Student on team #45, TechnoKats, from Kokomo High School and Delphi Automotive Systems.

Posted on 1/9/2000 8:59 AM MST

Coach Brian,

I would have a serious meeting with your sponsors. Have them list all the pros and cons, options, and possibilities. Find out what the issue is: money, time, student numbers, lack of spirit... etc.

Then list ways to solve your problem... if you can't come up with any... post what your actual, real situation is, and many others may offer advice.

Make sure you have the support of both the teacher sponsors, and the company engineers involved. If you need help coming up with fund-raiser ideas... just post a plea for help on the forum and you'll be bombarded with suggestions.

I don't see why 'district' people would want to hold you back. Give us some more info on your situation... the time is to act now... 6 weeks is running down.

Hopefully Helpful,
Vinny Cothern
Student of TechnoKats Team #45

#5   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Posted by Lora Knepper.

Student on team #69, HYPER, from Quincy Public Schools and The Gillette Company.

Posted on 1/9/2000 2:22 PM MST

Hey Brian,
I'm with Erin, just give us a little more info, and I'd be more than willing to give you a hand in any way possible. Feel free to email me if you want as well.

Good Luck,
Lora Knepper
Driver, Team 69 (HYPER)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: